The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Murder Mystery at the Masquerade  (Read 5404 times)

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Height: 6'3''
  • Build: Tall and broad-shouldered
Re: Murder Mystery at the Masquerade
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 03:33:54 AM »
Hunter jotted down her name and the details of her statement in his notepad.

"Miss Pondsa, I don't mean to pry into private conversations,  but I believe I heard you and your friend over there talking about Edwin's last will and testament earlier. It seems to keep coming up in my investigation. Do you know of any connection between that will and the circumstances of Edwin's death?"
Predators vs. Prey double victory 1/7/18 - achieved with NovaKamikazi

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 03:39:41 AM »
Anne briefly looked over her shoulder. "Oh," she said with a giggle, "that's Enrik. We were talking...well gossiping, about how Valentine said she didn't know if Edwin had a will." She idly scratched the back of her left paw. "It's strange, really. If anyone would know about it, it would be Valentine. She was Edwin's closest."

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 04:55:21 AM »
"His closest, you say?" Hunter remarked with interest. "Do you mean to say that some of his children were distant from him, then?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 05:42:05 AM »
"Zats right, Deetective," Enrik said as he approached. "Edvin loved 'is daughtair more zan ze boys."

Anne nodded. "She's the youngest, I think. Valentine's probably one to talk to, now that I think about it. But anyway. Jayce and Ronnie are normally super busy, and Ray's still in therapy after his fiancé died." Anne's voice dropped to a whisper. "Some say Edwin had her killed because he didn't like her father. But that's just rumor."

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 06:11:14 AM »
"Well, that's one dark rumor to have floating around," Hunter remarked. "I think I have a better picture of the family dynamics at play here. Thank you." Hunter looked pensive for a moment, contemplating the web of possible motives that was opening up before him.

"This has all been very useful information," Hunter said as he began to tuck away his notepad. "However, I must move on and interview the rest of the guests. Anne, Enrik, thank you for your time and please do let me know if you think of any more details pertinent to the case."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 10:27:47 AM »
The pair nodded, and went back to their gossiping.

Someone started up karaoke, and a woman started singing along to Katy Perry's "Firework".

The central foyer had been emptied of people, leaving Edwin's body. Bagged up in black plastic, the corpse awaited removal.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 03:00:18 AM »
Hunter began traveling towards the source of the karaoke, wondering who would have occasion to blast inspirational Katy Perry music at a time like this. He kept his eyes peeled on the way, trying to create a mental map of the mansion and its many stairways and corridors as he went along.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 06:05:24 AM »
Hunter would find that, by referencing his mental map, a lot of the hallways lead back into more hallways. Like the building was designed like a maze. Every once in awhile there would be an odd marking on the facade. It wasn't a common character, nor was it a normal marking. They seemed old, ancient even. Perhaps one of the old servants would know more.

The karaoke room, which was actually a spare den, had several people inside. They had taken seats around scattered about card tables, either conversing amongst themselves, watching the karaoke performance, or eating some of the left overs (of which there was plenty).

The woman on stage was Valentine Blackburn. Though saddened by her father's death, she was never one to let a party die.

Across the room, a silhouetted figure watched from the doorway.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 06:44:39 AM »

During his journey to the den, Hunter drew a rough sketch of each strange marking he came across into his notepad, for future reference. He then stepped inside the karaoke room.

Although Hunter was eager to interview Valentine Blackburn after all he had heard about about her, he decided it would be unwise to call attention to himself by abruptly cutting her performance short. Instead, he slunk nonchalantly across the room, keeping an ear out for interesting tidbits of conversation coming from the tables scattered around him.

He began to approach the figure in the room's far doorway, attempting to make out who it was.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 09:11:20 AM »
Most of the table-side conversations were of the murder.

One of the guests got up, and by the beckoning paw of Valentine, joined her for a duet, singing along to 'Ain't We Got Fun'.

The figure in the door way spotted Hunter and slunk back out of the doorway. The door was not closed, and there were no footfalls from the hallway.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 02:52:13 PM »
Hunter pursued the figure through the doorway, glancing back and forth to discover which way it had gone.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 04:13:10 PM »
The hallway would, surprisingly, be completely empty. Aside from a few paintings and busts.

Someone whispered in Hunter's ear. The voice, low and gravelly, drew long and hard on 'S' sounds.
"Looking for ssssomeone, Detective?"

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 07:13:44 PM »
Hunter jumped, startled, and whipped around to face the voice's direction.

"H-hello! Uh.." he stumbled. Recovering from the momentary surprise, Hunter calmed down and spoke more clearly. "In fact, I was looking for Valentine Blackburn, however she's occupied at the moment. Hunter eyed the stranger guardedly. "I noticed you in the doorway, and I'd like to ask you a few questions about tonight's events while I wait for Miss Blackburn to steo down from the stage."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2017, 01:53:33 AM »
The wall behind Hunter seemed to approach him a moment. The protrusion then shimmered and warped, until it was replaced by a well-dressed chameleon. "I'm sssorry for the sssurprise, Detective. I thought you were the killer come for me." He chuckled, and offered his three-appendaged claw. "Adreav Borsh. And I'd be happy to ansswer ssome quesstions."

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2017, 04:37:51 AM »
"Well, I apologize for the confusion then," Hunter said, offering his paw in return to the chameleon's gesture. "What makes you think the killer would be after you, Mr..." Hunter looked at the lizard expectantly, waiting for him to give his name.