The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur trump  (Read 2292 times)

Offline 0nefang

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Fur trump
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2017, 05:56:57 PM »
Im ok with this freedom of speech First Amendment

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 06:20:28 PM »
 Aight, all good. I didn't even say what experience I had that made me think this way kek. Oh well. But like I said, I don't care for Trump but I don't hate the guy either.  He was a necessary change.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:26:29 PM by Adorable Apostate »

Offline 0nefang

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 06:36:53 PM »
I agree with u

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Offline Zae

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 06:37:31 PM »
Well I don't know about asian privilege, but the systemic disparity favoring whites over blacks is a quantifiable, measurable phenomenon. Same with straight cis people over LGBT people, and men over women, although the latter is more complex.

Sources? I'm making an assumption, here, but if you're going to mention anything regarding the slave trade of black men by white men, this wasn't something done by only white men. Black slaves were sold to white people by other blacks. And slave trade existed in majority black countries as well. Not to mention slavery is still alive and well in places such as Africa. I know wiki isn't the best source of info, so here is another. The slave trade is something nearly every civilization took part in at some point in history, doesn't make it excusable, but why pin it solely on the white man?

And to bring it to more modern times... Let's say blacks killed by police in the USA as evidence of privilege. Except, wait... statistically white people are more likely to be shot by police officers, and blacks more likely to be shot by other blacks.

Privilege, the way it is used now, is a joke. It's propaganda, and sensationalism. The use of privilege as it is used today is a very, very dangerous line to walk. Which is why we are seeing uprising in violence - NOT because of some disparity, not because one group is more privileged, but because people are continuously labeling themselves, dividing themselves. Making it an "Us vs. them" issue and simplifying complex problems, thus only making matters worse.

As for the women/men inequality debate... rubbish. We're glorified apes, of course there is a hierarchy! Or are we just going to throw biology out of the window, now? Men and women are biologically VERY different, which is what causes gender roles, male "aggression", etc etc. Study our closest ancestors, apes, or any monkeys for that matter. There are clear social hierarchies, dominant males, social groups, niches and roles filled by members, NOT equality. This is a natural order, and by trying to change it so drastically, you'll only cause mayhem.

But yeah, Trump is a breath of fresh air in this regard. I don't agree with everything he has said and done, he's a damn buffoon at times, BUT, he's standing up against, what I consider, bullshit, so I applaud him for that - even if he's full of bullshit himself, at times.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 09:02:45 PM »
Also the EU is vile and I've known that for years. So good on Britain.
Not to steer this too off topic but I just wanna say that, as an EU citizen with several friends and acquaintances based in Britain, I find the EU to be far from vile. In contrast, I would consider it to have done a lot of good by uniting so many nations both in trade, travel and overall freedom. The EU for example is a big part in why internet connectivity and overall internet freedom works so much better here than in the US with high-speed fiber being very common, proper regulations being in place to ensure net neutrality and so forth. Also, look at how well trade works compared to, say, US-Canada trade where there's often huge brokerage fees and taxes and stuff for private consumers. The EU also has very good regulations in place for cross-country warranty claims and even return policies so long both countries are members of the EU.

As far as Britain is concerned, it would seem that most of the Brexit outcome currently is almost entirely damage control since almost all the promises from the Leave-campaign fell through as blatant lies and everyone realizing they made a decision with literally no plan on how to continue forward beyond simply making the decision. This is an outcome I, and many others, predicted and argued would likely happen long before the vote even happened and I know several Brits whom did not believe me back then, primarily due to lack of understanding of what they were actually voting for (or against).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 09:16:41 PM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 01:52:17 PM »
You guys were warned about going off-topic and yet you still remain doing so. I can see no positive outcome from leaving this thread open so it is being locked.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";