The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: question: should i buy anything to make me more furry  (Read 1152 times)

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
question: should i buy anything to make me more furry
« on: October 01, 2017, 07:42:20 PM »
im talking about things like collar and stuff, since i want one but if i get one my parents def know im a furry cuz they see my bank money and what if i get bullied at school, how can i hide it. Please give advice if i should do it, how i should do it and how i can hide it
not a signature

Offline TenOfSwords

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Life has been going waaaaaaaay to fast recently.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Badger
  • Coloring: Black/white
  • Height: Tall-ish
  • Weight: Very light
  • Build: Skinny
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: question: should i buy anything to make me more furry
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 07:52:26 PM »
Seeing as you want to, I'd say go ahead. If your parents/friends ask, don't make too big of a deal about it, otherwise they'll make a big deal about it.

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 07:54:48 PM »
stll afraid though, not so much of parents they;re pretty openminded but especially my class mates, who ones bullied a guy just by mentioning furries
not a signature

Offline TenOfSwords

• Boisterous Bear
  • Life has been going waaaaaaaay to fast recently.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Badger
  • Coloring: Black/white
  • Height: Tall-ish
  • Weight: Very light
  • Build: Skinny
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 07:57:24 PM »
Has anyone told any teachers or staff at your school that this classmate has bullied someone? Also, if that classmate goes aggressive against you, then stick with your friends, inform staff, etc.

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 08:00:14 PM »
about friends i dont have them and since im an akward 14 year old boy i dont dare to even mention the bullies near a teacher, i once was called a snitch and got a punishment because someone bullied me, i had a pretty bad school back then

Still is there no way to hide it from others
not a signature

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 08:14:19 PM »
Note- You dont have to do any of that. You're only as furry as you want yourself to be. It's all up to how you want to express yourself

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 08:17:20 PM »
yea im confused like i want to be a furry and show my pride of being a furry but jet im scared i will get bullied @.@
not a signature

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 08:30:15 PM »
There's no real point in "showing off furry pride", especially if you fear you'd get bullied for it.
Being a furry is just a hobby after all.

Most furries don't wear collars. Wearing or not wearing one doesn't make you any more or less of a furry.
In fact, most furries I know IRL you'd have no idea were furries unless you went and visited them in their homes.
That's where they show off their furry stuff - Art on the walls, plushies on the shelves, and whatever else they feel fit. ^^
It's impossible to tell from just looking at them out on the streets tho.

All that said, if you want to get a collar, then go for it.
If it were me tho, I wouldn't wear it to school or outside if I thought it might cause me any unnecessary trouble.

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 08:56:47 PM »
I agree with Cheza.  If you are worried about your look in public, there is no rule saying you have to wear it in public.  If you want one because it makes you feel good, then get one and wear it around the house.  If you feel comfortable going out with it in public later, you always can.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »
I feel there are a lot of sides of this that needs looking at, because it almost sounds as if you want to buy it to 'be more furry', but... here, let me elaborate.

My first thought is:
It sounds to me you want to be and feel more furry by buying stuff.
In my opinion being a furry: You either are or aren't one. Any/Either are fine. It's in your mind and heart that counts.
For example: Quite a few people want a fursuit but might never be able to buy one, but they're still a furry regardless.
In fact, most furries don't have a fursuit. Having or wearing a fursuit doesn't just make you a furry. If that was the case then how easy would it be to 'convert' people into the furry fandom? If only! Yeah, that's not how it works XD
My first point here is: You don't need to buy or wear anything to make yourself a furry.

My second thought:
Don't show your pride of the furry fandom. Show pride in yourself.
Wearing something to show pride for something might indeed backfire, depending on the situation. I know I have friends in real life and in other various situations I can be in where I can be myself whenever I want to. But I wouldn't want to those exact same things in other, completely different situations with people I don't know.
It's not only that I would feel uncomfortable, but I'm sure others would feel uncomfortable too.
That said, I don't care too much what others think in real life. Whatever I do or say, I try to do or say in complete confidence.
You can have the right mindset but as long as you look and sound inconfident, no one is going to take you seriously and might even make fun of you.
Considering you're worried how others might react -which is a good worry to have, no worries ;D - I feel to a regard you need to grow some confidence first before trying anything out, especially in public.  Otherwise it might indeed backfire and you might stop doing what you like to do because you simply didn't have the right coping mechanisms for it.

If that makes sense.

In the end:
Don't buy or wear things just to be something or to be a part of something. Buy or wear things because you want to.
If you do want to buy and wear things: You can do this at home or in public. Or you don't have to wear it anywhere at all, you can just 'have it'.
Just do what makes you feel best, do what you want to; Buy/Wear furry stuff or don't, make sure it's what you want.
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Inactive123

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 05:20:32 PM »
Nothing can make you more of a furry than the pride you have in yourself and the pride that you show towards your fellow furries  ;)  I own both Pawstar ears and a collar both of which I wear nearly everywhere  <3  but only buy what you are comfortable with wearing and don't wear to events where said objects would be inappropriate for wearing

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 05:22:33 PM »
thats exactly it i wanna show my pride, but i leave it up they have it at the nishiecon and comiccon im going soon, and the price
not a signature

Offline Inactive123

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 05:32:16 PM »
hm well I say show your pride then  <3  and have fun  ^_^