The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Not feeling too well  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Not feeling too well
« on: October 01, 2017, 06:08:29 PM »
So yaay, another rant of mine  T_T
To be fair: I'm not feeling well these days.
No, not physically but mostly emotionally.

The pressure to perform well is starting to kill me and it's not just that: the fact my dad is now completely off the charts and is posing an actual threat now and I already informed the police. Their respons: "you could have provoked him." In other words: if you are the victim of something the police here prefers blaming you instead of getting the criminal. Imagine getting robbed and the police saying: you shoudn't have had that money with you, and you shouldn't have looked interesting enough to be robbed. What kind of thinking is this even?

Then there is alot of personal stuff happening (trying to find myself, wish things weren't this complicated) and then my gf.
I absolutely love her, but she lives in southern Wisconsin and I'm working every thursday and friday to get enough money to visit her. Downside is that the tax-service discovered this and thanks to some new law they basically have the right to double tax me on this...

With all these issues going on, I start to feel that emotionally and mentally I'm starting to crack.
Any idea what to do?

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
Re: Not feeling too well
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 08:52:23 PM »
That is hard to say.  It sounds like you need to clear your mind.  Take some time off and try to do as little as possible.  That works for me when I have to clear my mind.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Build: Normal
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I wanna learn to code dammit x3
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 09:06:45 PM »
That's bad :( I agree with Albie take a break from life for a while and sit down to "talk" with yourself!

I understand trying to visit your partner abroad and trust me I know first hand this can be a pain. How about splitting the cost down in half so you won't have to pay for everything if you go there.
  • Avatar by: Nana (from furry amino)
  • Signature art by: Fable

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 09:28:49 PM »
Well she wants to pay costs for me, but I don't feel like doing that because I don't want to cost too much.
Why should I take a break it's the best for me that I should keep carrying on

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 09:47:02 PM »
Because if you work like a machine then eventually you break down like a machine.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Build: Normal
  • Currently: I wanna learn to code dammit x3
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 09:47:13 PM »
Personally when I am not feeling well mentally/emotionally I prefer to reflect on what happened the last days and think about how to act from now on etc :3 That's why I think you need a break.

It's up to you tho ^^ either way good luck!
  • Avatar by: Nana (from furry amino)
  • Signature art by: Fable

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 11:03:06 PM »
I'm the type of guy that wouldn't go to the doctor except when it's my funeral.
In other words: I don't like stopping with working to "relax"

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 12:22:36 PM »
I feel you with regards to police: I got once hit on the head once in the subway by some random guys. Not only did no one do anything, but it was also on camera.
I went to the police but because I "didn't have any physical/outward signs to show for it" - meaning, an example they gave: I didn't have a nose-bleed, therefor I didn't have anything physical to show for it I actually got hurt. I even said there were cameras, but nope.
The subway company recognised these guys from other such situations but they too couldn't stop anything, because the police had to take care of that.

Anyways, what I mean is: Sorry to hear that happened for you.
Make sure, whatever they say, though, to keep reporting your father. Document everything with regards to him. If there are instances where you can photograph or film him (e.g. when you're in your room and you see him outside, try to do this without him noticing you), write down every occurrence. Date, time, everything.
Any texts, emails or voice-messages, keep them. Save them somewhere.

The police can keep saying it's your fault, then you provide a full file with all the copies what you have and dump it on their desk, telling them to actually help you because that's their job.
I'd be firm with them if I'd have enough evidence and just keep persisting, no matter how stupid I might feel sounding like a broken record, it's repetition that is often needed in situations like this.

As for you saving up money to meet your girlfriend, I'm not sure why they would double-tax for that? So that part confuses me.
It should be just considered as money for your own expenses, for holidays and stuff. And that's what I would keep it as, it's holiday money.

While you might not like stopping with work to relax, it sounds like you're already busy doing all kinds of things already. I get what you're saying, but if you feel you're at a breaking point you need to do something else. Something entirely different from what you've been doing, because it is just a never-ending cycle and it's getting to you.
So maybe find something to do that you can keep yourself busy with, but something that's fun and relaxing to do.

Also, I wish you the best with your relationship. I know LDR (or LAT-relaties ;)) are pretty hard. So if you feel you need to talk to someone about it, please message me about it.
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter