The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Beastopian Tails- Reset  (Read 16696 times)

Offline Justin93Daniels

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • Leo the Human
    • Awards
  • Species: Human
  • Coloring: Pale skin. Dark brown hair. Thin brown stubble.
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 160 lbs.
  • Build: Tall, Thin, Slightly muscular.
  • Currently: Trying to make things happen.
Re: Beastopian Tails- Reset
« Reply #345 on: April 14, 2018, 12:50:14 AM »
(( Eh, don't worry, that was mostly my thoughts towards the Judge... though it would've helped if I was actually POINTED to the Courtroom Law, and not be stuck as the victim of being left behind in a "Random Timeskip".  It kinda feels like you and Light are just trying to ignore the fact that I'm here ( which I KNOW isn't your intention, before assumptions are made ) but... eh, to Hell with it.  All's forgiven, and all that.  And I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but can we please just make sure that everyone else is alright with Time-Skips next time?  We've missed some HUGE RP Opportunities because of it, after all, such as "Collecting Evidence", "Interviewing the Client/Witness", and our characters making preparations for the Court Session... but as you said, it's a bit too late for that, now... don't worry, though, I might have a solution for that bit. <_< ))

Leo nods his head, and straightens his posture.  "Gladly, Your Honor."

"First of all, the Defense would like to apologize to the Court, in advance, for my sudden outburst.  As I'm sure you're all aware... I'm not really from here.  Where I'm from, the laws work differently... just as the laws from my Client's home work differently as well.  However, due to the sudden nature of this case, I wasn't really given much time to examine the differences between the City's Laws, and the ones from my previous home... a situation that I do intend to correct after this case, I assure you."

"While I do understand that, regardless, it will be on my record, I'd also like to request that my foreign status be noted as well, at least for future references."

He would politely bow his head to the Judge, before turning to face the Jury.

"Most importantly, though, let's get back to the subject at hand."

"The Defense has Video Evidence that shows the attempted assault on the Witness, Mary Love, as well as the Health Records from the Medical Team that show Malnutrition, as well as marks and scratches on my Client's wrists and arms that show a struggle of some kind, as the Evidence would confirm, towards my Client and his father.  There are other details within the Medical Records, as well... though I'm sure you would like to read them to the Jury yourself, Your Honor, to confirm any doubts."

"And the suspects, as the Defense would like to remind the Jury, are none other than Mr. and Mrs. Stone, my Client's parents!"

The Bailiff would pick up the Medical Records and the Phone, to present them both to the Judge.  He would place them onto the Evidence Table.

"Furthermore, I was also able to collect surveillance footage from the Apartment's cameras during the time of the attempted assault, as further evidence, should any suspicions of tampering with the video from my phone be cast.  The two would, without a doubt, match to the very second."

The Bailiff adds the Apartment Video to the Presentation Table.

"And as for the charges of the Fake ID, the Defense understands that my Client is, without a doubt, guilty of possession.  However, the Defense would also like to point out that, like his parents, this would be the first recorded crime on his record.  As such, Minimal Charges are requested, such as Three Months Probational Period within the range of the Apartment and his work, with either a Probational Officer, or the Witness, Mary Love, as an appointed caretaker, due to his age."

The Bailiff brings the Fake ID to the Evidence Table.

"And since he does have a job, the Defense would like to extend that job towards Community Service... if that's how the laws here work, at least.  This way, he can serve his time in a just manner, while not having to return to an abusive home, nor risk further neglect from an unknown foster family, due to his age already being a mere two years away from proper adulthood.  It would also allow him to safely avoid the dangers of a Jail Cell, or a Detention Center."

"And while a Detention Center could prove to be an alternative, the Defense believes that my Client isn't necessarily the kind of person that requires it, due not only to his background, nor the fact that he has a fairly clean slate prior to this case, but also the fact that, while he was raised under bad influence, he obeyed the Officers without question, and showed no restraint, as most juvenile delinquents would, that require time within a Detention Center."

"Finally, the Defense would also like to request that he be granted permission to enter the nearby DPS Office, so that he may receive a Legal Identification Card, and that card's details to be mended to his job's files, to prevent any further confusion down the line."

(( By the way, are you alright with me using these images?  Kinda worked hard on 'em, and didn't want them to go to waste. :P ))
A human among the anthropomorphic folks, adopted into a family of lions.  A minority to the public, but hey, these hands can work wonders in a world where everyone else has paws and claws, at least.

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
« Reply #346 on: April 14, 2018, 04:36:15 AM »
((I don't even know what halve of these words mean, do you do this IRL? you're good at this. also pheonix wright?))
not a signature

Offline Justin93Daniels

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • Leo the Human
    • Awards
  • Species: Human
  • Coloring: Pale skin. Dark brown hair. Thin brown stubble.
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 160 lbs.
  • Build: Tall, Thin, Slightly muscular.
  • Currently: Trying to make things happen.
« Reply #347 on: April 14, 2018, 05:18:38 AM »
(( Nope.  Just did a bit of research... plus, my dad WAS a Lawyer before.  Plus, I AM a fan of Ace Attorney. ^_^ ))

(( Also, nah.  Jason Hawke, though that's from a story I'm working on.  Figured I'd use his icons for this, though.  However, he's more of an "Investigator" in my story, who catches the crooks WITHOUT the need to go into a court. ;) ))
A human among the anthropomorphic folks, adopted into a family of lions.  A minority to the public, but hey, these hands can work wonders in a world where everyone else has paws and claws, at least.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #348 on: April 14, 2018, 05:44:02 AM »
((If I may, I’d like to get a word in edgewise. Firstly, if it was thought I jumped ship, I’ve been following along. Just thought I’d say something.))

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
« Reply #349 on: April 14, 2018, 09:13:42 AM »
(I feel like I've been abandoned because of the court case.)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #350 on: April 14, 2018, 01:15:21 PM »
((Give it some time, my friend.))

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
« Reply #351 on: April 15, 2018, 03:38:53 PM »
(Wilco: I try to juggle it all... Not always easy since the court case takes a lot of attention.)
(Justin: in Ythreïman, they don't work with a jury system. Shouldn't matter in the long run...)

The judge commanded, "Play the records." The images and sound records made their way into the courtroom. The judge commended after it was over, "You are no doubt correct. Your statements match with the collected evidence. I am not saying I do not understand why he did this, mind. This is some strong evidence, I must admit. I can imagine the offence will have trouble debunking this. Now it is time for the offense attorney of the Stone family to present the evidence to support their case."

The trainer had given the two time to unpack the first day, but when they arrived the second they were mercilessly thrown into an obstacle run with all other new recrutes. "It's to test yer condition," the trainer explained. "Ye can imagine we can't have it that someone collapses mid-mission. I will record yer time. Now, GO!"

(Ray: you can go on and do some individual RP in the meantime. Nobody's gonna fall over that.)

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #352 on: April 16, 2018, 04:13:17 AM »
the parents stood up and brought some tapes of Light's childhood where he seemed happy and the fake ID (the tapes they shown were from Light's happy times)
not a signature

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #353 on: April 16, 2018, 10:26:25 PM »
The twins work their way through the obstacle course, managing to clear it in ~1 min.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #354 on: April 19, 2018, 07:54:49 AM »
The judge Inspected the content of the tapes. Then, he remarked, "What you're showing me now is recordings of happy times only. Plus, given the total playtime, this is only a margin of his life. And, yes I am already aware of the fake ID. But now explain to me... If he was actually happy, he would not have any reason to run in the first place, right? Besides, the fact that he escaped using a fake ID means that he must have been desperate. Fake IDs are an extreme measure to attempt to stay somewhere. Plus, you've heard the testimony of your son. Do you or your attorney have a comment on any of this?"

The trainer set up big eyes upon their score. "Yowie! Ye two are in good shape! Most take longer on their first day. These scores are for trained men, lemme tell ya. This means that ye mean it's business! Take a break and next ye'll have to show me how yer' in the water. Can't be in the navy if ye can't swim!"

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #355 on: April 19, 2018, 09:19:17 AM »
The trainer set up big eyes upon their score. "Yowie! Ye two are in good shape! Most take longer on their first day. These scores are for trained men, lemme tell ya. This means that ye mean it's business! Take a break and next ye'll have to show me how yer' in the water. Can't be in the navy if ye can't swim!"

(Le lol. This means that ye mean it's business! XD please explain)

They both nod and relax.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #356 on: April 19, 2018, 10:12:05 AM »
(It's simple. He's basically saying that they are very serious about their training routines.)

The trainer showed the two their training pool. It was the size of a common Olympic pool, and it was clear it had a wave function. The trainer, now having high expectations, pointed at it, saying, "Well, here's yer next task: get across the pool and back. Oh, by the way, we'll crank the waves up max." He signalled to some helpers, who turned the waves to their highest, before taking up the stopwatch again.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #357 on: April 19, 2018, 10:34:02 PM »
They dive in, showing no fear.

Wilco used the waves to his advantage, managing to move faster then Willa, by using the waves as ramps of sorts.

Willa followed her brothers example, managing to catch up to him.

When they turned around, they dived under the water, managing to get through it in about ~5-6 minutes.

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #358 on: April 21, 2018, 02:21:00 AM »
(quick question, what is testimony and attorney)
not a signature

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #359 on: April 21, 2018, 05:40:53 AM »
((A testimony is a formal statement made in the court of law. An attorney is someone who represents another in a court of law.))