The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rate The Last Series/TV-Show/Anime You Saw  (Read 4453 times)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Rate The Last Series/TV-Show/Anime You Saw
« on: September 05, 2017, 06:53:18 PM »
Similar concept to: Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Difference is you don't need to have watched the whole series (yet), TV-show, anime or anything else.
So for example, you can even say: "-Name Show- 2/10 Stopped watching because it wasn't going anywhere."

I'm watching Stein's: Gate, just finished watching episode 3.
So far 6/10.

Looks rather amazingly animated, funny/great voice actors (Jap.dub+Eng.sub), humour that I find realistic (experienced it myself so far too :P) and while it seems it's going somewhere, there isn't yet a clear defined path or storyline what's going on, or what is going to happen.

Yep, so nerd out!
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Re: Rate The Last Series/TV-Show/Anime You Saw
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 03:32:03 PM »
I got back into watching Supernatural for a while, I had stopped for a few years and kept hanging on season 7, now rewatched a lot of the seasons and got back into season 7 where I left off ^-^

So far it's all I wanted still from the show.
The humour, the acting, the story, the creature designs.
For me personally: 9,5/10.

Offline Inactive123

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 05:47:49 PM »
Does a youtube lets play count? I watched Chuggaaconroy's playthrough of Pokemon Crystal in "preparation" for the remakes on 3ds and it was fun and nostalgic hehe  <3 ^_^  anyways it was funny and kept me laughing after these last few days which were hard in school
so 8/10 X3

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 01:12:00 AM »
Similar concept to: Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Difference is you don't need to have watched the whole series (yet), TV-show, anime or anything else.
So for example, you can even say: "-Name Show- 2/10 Stopped watching because it wasn't going anywhere."

I'm watching Stein's: Gate, just finished watching episode 3.
So far 6/10.

Looks rather amazingly animated, funny/great voice actors (Jap.dub+Eng.sub), humour that I find realistic (experienced it myself so far too :P ) and while it seems it's going somewhere, there isn't yet a clear defined path or storyline what's going on, or what is going to happen.

Yep, so nerd out!

While I personally just didn't enjoy Stein's gate, they say it's slow at first. And I have to admit it did get better.

Also:
Made in the Abyss:
My god. Dark. It lures you in with all its cute and adorable characters and my god is their rabbit furry thing the most adorable huggable thing I've ever seen. Then it turns around and just destroys you with the feels. And it's not even just the feels, it just mushes it together with brutality. It's like Re:zero or insert a violent anime, but cute. It's like Happy Tree Friends, but it's even more sadistic cause it's makes so sad. (I read ahead in the manga and caught up and it gets even darker.) And the anime is gorgeous, makes you think of Ghibli a little bit. The OST is not bad either. And it has some very interesting symbolism later on. Might take a bit to realize that though or I'm looking to deep into it.
Gotta say 8.5/10 despite my compliments, it starts off slow took seven episodes before things got real... and there's really need for the anime 'fanservice'(?) Nudity.  And it's just too brutal. When one of the main characters attempt to amputate the other character's arm mind you with no medical equipment just like with what ever's around them. Just... *Cringes*
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 07:42:05 PM »
two shows
1.over the garden wall 8/10 really nice yet creepy show mixed in with some catchy songs and short duration (10 eps of 10 mins each) its really charming (eps 3 is probably my fav)
2.big mouth 7/10 (pls dont watch if you didnt hit puberty) a really strange netflix original really relatable as im in puberty of what its like but some jokes are a bit far fatched also 10 eps but each one is 20 mins and threres a s2 coming out soon (eps 4 is my fav)
not a signature

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 12:15:15 AM »
This one is an ongoing anime... (I post way too much anime on here.)
This one is called the Ancient Magus' Bride. An anime that takes place in a world where there are magical creatures and magic but the average person can't see them. A girl is born with the ability to see these creatures, and everyone that adopted her basically thought she was insane. So they passed her on and on, until she became old enough to sell herself as a slave at a magic auction house. (Since people with the ability to see magical creatures is so rare and if trained correctly they can become powerful.) So this magus decides to buy her for a huge sum of money. And takes her home. He says he wants to train her as his pupil, and make her his wife. (And btw when I say magus he's like this creature thing really cool...)

Now with that in mind, I'mma jump over to some other things:
The artwork is absolutely gorgeous. It's not as good as something like Made in Abyss. But it's up there.
Now looking down at the comments of people who saw the first few episodes. Someone says it has a Ghibli vibe. AND IT REALLY DOES. If you're a fan of Ghibli, particularly Howl's moving Castle. You will probably be interested in this.

Currently there's two series out technically. The first thing that came out is called the Ancient Magus' Bride, the Person that Await's the Star. (Translated title by me.) That's certainly worth watching first. Then watch the Ancient Magus' Bride.

It's good. I am really excited for this series and I really want to push this series out there. Thus far in my book it's a nine out of ten. Since it's technically only One episode in so far. The Person that Await's the Star, is like just one part of when the main character was a kid and it's good.

My name is Ori.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 11:04:03 AM »
A bit ago I finished watching:
Stein's Gate

I rate it 9 to 10 out of 10.

Really good, nice story, interesting concepts.
And rather fun characters. To me the characters are rather well-developed and pretty lifelike and relatable. That is for me the characters are lifelike and relatable: Is it weird that me being with a group of friends it's sort of similar to this group of friends?
The art style itself is pretty darn good as well and they know how to balance humour and more serious topics rather well.

Anyways, if you like theories about time travel, conspiracy theories, humour, etc. this is the animated/anime show for you! ;D

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 08:11:16 PM »
*just realize thers a new eps. of star vs the forces of evil*

10/10 creative, cute, sweet, theres not 1 thing wrong with it
not a signature

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 05:02:55 AM »
stranger things (1) - 8/10 misterious and its nice thats its on netflix so i can binch it i liked the 80's refrences thpugh at times the effects were a bit obvios what causes that feeling that your in the movie to go away
Spoiler for Obvious Effect ST:
for exaple the deer with wounds was obviously an animatronic
not a signature

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 04:54:42 PM »
Sangtasu no Rion - March comes in Like a Lion Season 1

Rating 8.75/10.

March Comes in Like a Lion is about a highschooler, whose a pro shogi (Japanese Chess) player. This story is more or less about him becoming the best player, and also just him going through everyday life and understanding people. I like the way the show almost follows his train of thought. And even though it's kind of about Shogi, there's no Shogi matches, or they cut through it really fast to show you. This show makes it clear that this show is not about this insane Shogi match, but about the protagonist as a person.
This show is really charming. I love this show. This is a show that's able to properly switch constantly between it's hyper and happy go lucky feel, and then into soft emotional moments. And when I meant it's hyper it's this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOfnNfOjEVU
Straight into this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzGKRk60R_U
(Teeny spoilers from like the first few episodes.)
One thing I will warn you is that this show, can spend an episode exploring this character's memories and it's just kind of a long depressing episode when it happens. It might get boring when it happens.
It doesn't sound like much at first.
My name is Ori.