The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: PC Game Mods  (Read 4075 times)

Offline Polaris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Lover of Winter
    • Awards
  • Species: Bighorn sheep
  • Coloring: Brown, Bisque, Blue
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 95 kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Working hard has it's own benefits!
PC Game Mods
« on: September 03, 2017, 12:36:34 PM »
Whilst there is a whole galaxy full of PC games one might discuss about in great detail, there's also an even a whole greater plethora of mods and other kind of custom content for the vanilla games to enhance the gaming experiences, ranging from simple and subtle changes of the gameplay to much more grander and ambitious to rework the entirety of the game itself!

Be it for making your vanilla unmodded game more random and funnier, balancing the difficulty, total conversions, changing the character models from humans to furries, changing the textures from low to ultra definition or just whole new maps and campaigns even, tell us about the kinds of mods and other fan made content you like to play, or use in your games! Or perhaps you're a modder yourself and like to create your own content for your favourite games? If so, please do share any updates, or infomation about them here with us!

Personally, I would like to begin with the vast and neverending amount of mods one could find for Left 4 Dead 2 through the steam workshop, or from other third party modding sites! There's just something literally for everyone to find and customize their game to their personal tastes! Be it from changing weapon models to something completely new, having anime characters replacing the main cast, or even turn the infected to a ravenous hordes of Teletubbies!  XD

For my personal taste in mods, I tend to prefer mods in L4D2 that aims towards enhancing the special effects with mods like cinematic lighting effects, enchanced textures for items found on the world and highly detailed skyboxes! Also using weapon mods ranging from realistic modern day to antique ones, such as Mosin Nagant rifle replacing the Steyer Scout sniper, or Chrome Shotgun with a Benelli M3! Playeble survivor and special infected models have all been replaced with new HQ models that still look like they'd fit with the game world and all the music have been changed as well to sound more intense! Also all the special infected spawning musics use metallized versions instead of the vanilla ones!

The amount of custom campaign maps is just astounding what one could find and the wackiest one I've played had to be the Crash Bandicoot themed one, along with the best one I've ever played that is Back to School with many very nicely detailed locations and the end level that truly rocks! Also a map taking place in Barcelona is simply amazing and how much realism the devs of the said campaign had put into it!  :)

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
Re: PC Game Mods
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 12:42:09 PM »
I think it's safe to say that mount and blade is as popular as it is entirely due to mods. The community in that is still alive, after so many years, with several mods still having active multiplayer servers.
And the mods cover juuuust about everything. There's something for everyone

Offline Brigand

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Coyote
  • Height: 186cm
  • Weight: 85kg
  • Build: Slim/slightly muscular
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 03:29:33 PM »
I prefer mods that add a lot of new stuff or improve already existing content, excluding texture mods because I rarely pay any attention to them.
When it comes to TES games I played Morrowind with a few mods that fix some of the bugs and pretty much nothing else. Skyrim on the other hand is morbidly boring for me without 250+ mods. I'd rather use multiple mods because then I can easily change the game to my liking, overhauls tend to be over complicated or turn my game into Dark Souls on steroids. Not in a good balanced way, more like "your character sucks ass, but everyone else is extremely good at everything".
Also I tend to avoid 99% of companion mods because they're basically adding magical ninja archers in bikini. On top of that they all look pretty much the same.

For every other game like M&B and Crusader Kings I use only overhaul mods, like the Elder Kings mod. And of course Crack Life mod for Half Life 1, because this mod is pure art.

Offline Solomon the Solitary

• Boisterous Bear
  • Subtle but bold.
    • Awards
  • Species: Chinese/Western Dragon Hybrid.
  • Coloring: Night black with a royal purple underbelly.
  • Height: Over 7'8.
  • Weight: 300-365 pounds.
  • Build: Muscular build and a fairly curvy body.
  • Currently: Feeling confident.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 05:30:07 PM »
I like mods that fix games, or add things that only NPCs were able to experience. I'm using a mod right now for Fallout : NV that allows the player to be a ghoul. That's the only mod, I generally just play vanilla!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 06:33:52 PM »
I've been (slowly) learning how to mod Fallout 4. Basically I wanna make a mod to make settlers more enjoyable and realistic, make them do more stuff you know?

My first problem I'm trying to solve is getting a reference to all the settlers of a given settlement :P Not so easy, but there are ways to do it.

Yes but it terms of my preference my mods are as follows.

- Aesthetic mods: Mods that improve aesthetics I really like and I'll often download them for my first playthrough (so these are graphics mods and stuff)
  - Immersion mods: Mods that add immersion, like extra bullet casing, hunger/cold dynamics, and so forth. I'll download these for second play through or beyond.
  - Gameplay mods: These mods modify the game in some way, adding new items, adding new enemies, adding new STUFF basically. I'll download these for second play through or beyond.
  - God mods: These mods are just for some crazy fun, I'll download these when I get bored of the game :P
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 06:36:10 PM by anoni »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 09:18:48 PM »
Ah, PC Modding - I know it well. Been modding my games since the early days with Star Trek Armada. In fact, I still have my custom mod I made myself for that game. Sadly, Star Trek Armada no longer works with modern Windows PCs. Sad. But I have since modded nearly every moddable game I have. Some of the mods I have are ones I made myself. My current game I mod extensively is Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. Here, take a look this, from my Sins of the Coalition mod:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/110734434608647073/C2B77BABC973A55EBD09A787D29C9300714AFBEF/

Yeah, if anyone ever plays against me when I'm running the Coalition, piece of advice: DON'T LET ME GET MY HANDS ON THE LARGE WORLDS. If that happens, I tend to fortify the f*** out of them. Downside is, they take FOREVER to construct. But once they're finished, it makes taking a world like that from me next to IMPOSSIBLE. Which would be a HUGE problem if said large world was a strategic choke point.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192264388/3A0A71D77B5AD94FFFF4843D512565C41815CC52/

Oh, yeah - forgot to mention. I tend to build GIGANTIC FLEETS. And yes, this is also my Sins of the Coalition mod.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192265127/525E4BEF24B730E602A35FC2C59BFEC8F99A6692/

This is from the mod Star Trek Armada III, also for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. The ship is the Klingon Dreadnought, the Sword of Khaless. But when you look at it from the top, it really looks like a giant space guitar XD

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192269369/063628654516E7A5DDB4CD1AA9EBBA2521EA695A/

Any Star Trek fan will recognize that ship. But what I especially love about the Romulans in Star Trek Armada III is how their Dreadnought is the Reman Warbird Scimitar. My all-time favorite Star Trek ship.

Now, I don't have any screen shots of the mod I'm working on with a friend - Star Wars Xenoverse, an add-on mod we're developing for the Star Wars Interregnum mod for Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion (privately, of course) - but if you all would like, I can take some screenies of the mod and show you all what my friend and I have been doing.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Polaris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Lover of Winter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 03:42:55 PM »
I think it's safe to say that mount and blade is as popular as it is entirely due to mods. The community in that is still alive, after so many years, with several mods still having active multiplayer servers.
And the mods cover juuuust about everything. There's something for everyone
Heard alot about Mount and Blade game series! Never played it, but heard the mods are guud!

I prefer mods that add a lot of new stuff or improve already existing content, excluding texture mods because I rarely pay any attention to them.
When it comes to TES games I played Morrowind with a few mods that fix some of the bugs and pretty much nothing else. Skyrim on the other hand is morbidly boring for me without 250+ mods. I'd rather use multiple mods because then I can easily change the game to my liking, overhauls tend to be over complicated or turn my game into Dark Souls on steroids. Not in a good balanced way, more like "your character sucks ass, but everyone else is extremely good at everything".
Also I tend to avoid 99% of companion mods because they're basically adding magical ninja archers in bikini. On top of that they all look pretty much the same.

For every other game like M&B and Crusader Kings I use only overhaul mods, like the Elder Kings mod. And of course Crack Life mod for Half Life 1, because this mod is pure art.
Oh, yes! Unofficial patches for all TES games have been pretty much a MUST if you want to play games, like Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind without all the annoying bugs that can easily ruin one's game! I too tend to have a ridiculous amounts of mods active on Skyrim all the time and most of them are just adding new items, new quests and only one companion, while still trying to keep the game balanced without going too overpowered! Well, if you dont count my mod that allows the customization of the werewolf form and being able to use the werewolf form in the presence of the people inside towns without them attacking you!  XD  Also yes... Crack-Life is just pure ecstasy of gaming at it's finest...  XD

I like mods that fix games, or add things that only NPCs were able to experience. I'm using a mod right now for Fallout : NV that allows the player to be a ghoul. That's the only mod, I generally just play vanilla!
Mods to fix a game like New Vegas is basically mandatory if one ever wanted to have the game even working most of the time! One other game I had too many mods to be counted, but mostly ranged from simple upgrade mods to HD textures and of course the unofficial patches to cover every possible game crashing bug there is!

I've been (slowly) learning how to mod Fallout 4. Basically I wanna make a mod to make settlers more enjoyable and realistic, make them do more stuff you know?

My first problem I'm trying to solve is getting a reference to all the settlers of a given settlement :P Not so easy, but there are ways to do it.

Yes but it terms of my preference my mods are as follows.

- Aesthetic mods: Mods that improve aesthetics I really like and I'll often download them for my first playthrough (so these are graphics mods and stuff)
  - Immersion mods: Mods that add immersion, like extra bullet casing, hunger/cold dynamics, and so forth. I'll download these for second play through or beyond.
  - Gameplay mods: These mods modify the game in some way, adding new items, adding new enemies, adding new STUFF basically. I'll download these for second play through or beyond.
  - God mods: These mods are just for some crazy fun, I'll download these when I get bored of the game :P
I've been meaning to play Fallout 4 for a good while, but always seemingly got stuck by the annoying FPS drops when roaming around the city center! I have a PC fit enough to handle pretty much every game I can play, but it's apparently all about the lack of proper optimization from the devs part that makes it an issue! Tried even a mod that would optimize the usage of shadows that are the main antagonist to the FPS in the game, but so far it has bore little desired effect to my problems!  :S

But yeah, that's quite an amazing idea! Having the settlers being more interactive with their daily lives to give more immersion!  :D

While I do think god mods are just utter madness and are best at taken in small doses, I do indulge myself sometimes with mods for games like Doom with mods that turn your character into an unstoppable killing machine, while still providing a whole box of new things on the side! Kinda like this mod called Guncaster, which basically turns Doomguy into a fire breathing badass anthro dragon wielding guns so OP that even cyberdemons will become nothing but bloody pulp after being turned into a radioactive pulp by dual wielded BFGs that shoot concentrated tiberium blasts! That mod is so much fun and I tend to go back to it on a nearly daily basis!  XD

Ah, PC Modding - I know it well. Been modding my games since the early days with Star Trek Armada. In fact, I still have my custom mod I made myself for that game. Sadly, Star Trek Armada no longer works with modern Windows PCs. Sad. But I have since modded nearly every moddable game I have. Some of the mods I have are ones I made myself. My current game I mod extensively is Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. Here, take a look this, from my Sins of the Coalition mod:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/110734434608647073/C2B77BABC973A55EBD09A787D29C9300714AFBEF/

Yeah, if anyone ever plays against me when I'm running the Coalition, piece of advice: DON'T LET ME GET MY HANDS ON THE LARGE WORLDS. If that happens, I tend to fortify the f*** out of them. Downside is, they take FOREVER to construct. But once they're finished, it makes taking a world like that from me next to IMPOSSIBLE. Which would be a HUGE problem if said large world was a strategic choke point.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192264388/3A0A71D77B5AD94FFFF4843D512565C41815CC52/

Oh, yeah - forgot to mention. I tend to build GIGANTIC FLEETS. And yes, this is also my Sins of the Coalition mod.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192265127/525E4BEF24B730E602A35FC2C59BFEC8F99A6692/

This is from the mod Star Trek Armada III, also for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. The ship is the Klingon Dreadnought, the Sword of Khaless. But when you look at it from the top, it really looks like a giant space guitar XD

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192269369/063628654516E7A5DDB4CD1AA9EBBA2521EA695A/

Any Star Trek fan will recognize that ship. But what I especially love about the Romulans in Star Trek Armada III is how their Dreadnought is the Reman Warbird Scimitar. My all-time favorite Star Trek ship.

Now, I don't have any screen shots of the mod I'm working on with a friend - Star Wars Xenoverse, an add-on mod we're developing for the Star Wars Interregnum mod for Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion (privately, of course) - but if you all would like, I can take some screenies of the mod and show you all what my friend and I have been doing.
Holy moly! That's quite an impressive amount of work you've done, Rom! Definitely looking forward to see more progress pics from you regarding Sins of the Solar Empire! Never played the game itself, but isn't it like Homeworld in a way? :D

Kinda reminds me from the days I used to play modded Homeworld 2 with friends that included a plethora of new units and the massive space battles that took place between us was just glorious to watch! Heck, we even played a mod that included the Turanic raiders as a playable MP faction!

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 09:03:41 PM »
I wouldn't know how similar Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion is to Homeworld 2, as I've never played it. But I've played Sins of a Solar Empire since the original game came out. Then Entrenchment. Then Diplomacy. Now Rebellion. And it. Is. Bad. A**. With the mods, and how I know how to code them, I can make massive battles a reality! I can pull off multi-pronged assaults, fortify strategic choke points and hold indefinitely... so many possibilities, and so many mods! It's glorious!

Anyone care to see screenies of the mod a friend and I have been working on (Star Wars Xenoverse)?
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Polaris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Lover of Winter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 05:16:13 PM »
Oh, most certainly, Rom! Go ahead! Shows us what you two have been up to! :)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 12:31:24 AM »
As you wish.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192798974/823CC4FC6017ED1B97750B05CCDE5B9B12F7BF05/

Can someone say "HOLY S***!!!" Yeah, that's my first fleet. And I don't build the fleet with the Star Dreadnought until I have at least three or four fleets like this. Note the Keldabe Battleship in the center; those ships, when fully-upgraded through research, are BAD@$$.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192799975/CE68F05B06A9CEB2A22320719C701CCFC95C7F9A/

Note to all: NEVER come at me with just a couple frigates. I WILL WRECK THEM. You can see the missiles off to the right where some of my ships had been firing them from behind the Keldabe.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192800351/8E4F69A8C6584FD5B884FF7253DA33FD892F121E/

See, this is why it is NEVER a good idea to come at me with just a handful of ships. 'Cause then THIS happens. I don't know what the f*** was there, but whatever it was, it's BEYOND TOAST. And before you say anything, that's a combination of Turbolaser Cannons, Laser Cannons, Ion Cannons, Missiles, and Mass Driver slugs. Talk about OVERKILL.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192801534/61C44EDF3214BE3AF283C7876A7ABBD19926D6D4/

Dreadnought Heavy Cruiser vs UAC Fleet lead by an Imperator-I Star Destroyer... one ship vs at least a hundred... yeah... HE'S F***ED.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192802748/6209EA5491DFB887BF60B9396B4E46961938B6A7/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192802356/0A1D58AC750631E26DFB5602D0D1C66D1CE167AC/

Ahh, there's my Star Dreadnought - the Iron Regent. Just look at the stats - that ship is gonna be bad*** enough with just the Turbolasers. And that's not counting the Hull and Shield points. Come at me, bro.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340197129000/C7C999CDCF7C3CAA48BD3926B779840A203768D0/

The artifacts I have uncovered so far. Heed the Cortosis Alloy I highlighted there. Add that to what you saw with the Iron Regent's stats. Then decide what you're gonna do when you see that thing bearing down on you  >:3

I'll take more at a later time. Please, feel free to ask questions.

Offline Polaris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Lover of Winter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 07:00:18 AM »
Holy... Moly... You surely are intent on steamrolling every opposition with a fleet as sizeable as THAT.... Anyone foolish enough to go against your fleet would be totally obliterated for sure! :o

Meanwhile, my tactics in any RTS would be purely based on just fortifications, defensive networks and just commencing surgical strikes to the most important important enemy targets, such as the resource gathering, power, contruction units. Stuff like that! I prefer small numbers of units over massive steamrolling hordes!  X3

Looking forward to more updates on the mod in question you and your friend are working with for certain, Rom!  ;)

Speaking of steamrolling, anyone here a fan of C&C games? An old, but revered game series that has been blessed with some of the most greatest mods and total conversions I've ever seen!  :) 

One such example of terriffic modding would be a standalone mod of Tiberian Sun called Twisted Insurrection! That mod has been in development for years now and it's basically a total conversion that simply improves upon everything we loved in Tiberian Sun with completely new custom made campaigns for each faction, all new units, soundtracks (With two of them being blessed by the legendary Frank Klepacki himself!!!) along with custom cutscenes during campaigns to really go far and beyond call of duty to bring the feeling of the good old days of C&C's golden age!

Twisted Insurrection Trailer

The story in the mod takes place in an alternative universe where instead of GDI winning the first tiberium war against the brotherhood of Nod, it was ultimately NOD that won and in the aftermath of the war, GDI was thrown into dissaray and before anyone could realize, all of the world fell under the influence of Kane who became the sole ruler of the earth with a vision to bring forth a new tiberium age to change the world forever, while hunting down all the remaining ragtag GDI forces fighting for their very survival against the oppressive NOD from the shadows!

Truly an amazing game on it's own right and the fact it's been worked on even on this day with many countless features planned on it still just amazes me even more!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:02:03 AM by Polaris »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 01:43:28 AM »
Wanna keep this alive, so...

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192805041/333D8B4DBE4971FDBE41B6C95BF8A57566EACD19/

My fleet logistics. I believe I've since upped the Capital Ship capacity, but I don't presently remember to what. This is how I build such massive fleets - I max out the fleet supply and capital ship capacity. Handy.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192801936/D03AA48014D4B1D97DF98D409B7D284B95B7020F/

Of course, being able to build massive fleets is a moot point if you can't build them before your enemy reaches your doorstep. That's where the Mandalorian Raiders come in handy - you can put bounties on enemy factions and let the Mandalorians keep them busy while you build your fleets and expand. And who knows? The Mandalorians might take care of your enemies for you - whether they be your weakest enemies, or your most powerful. Either way, I use the Mandos to keep enemy factions occupied while I build and expand.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853851340192265789/FD87193FBC887DC85C23AC86283CF99DF6EDE0FB/

Now anyone who's played SWTOR will recognize that ship. Alternatively, just look at the infocard. This is from another mod of the same name (Star Wars Xenoverse), but if I could figure out *how*, I'd port this over to the current mod. It's an awesome ship.

Offline Polaris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Lover of Winter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 06:56:29 AM »
Now that is quite impressive! I see your mod project is growing up nice and steadily with new things added over time to create one vast mod with loads of content!  :D

How about the balancing issues with the mod? Are there currently anything that might be too overpowered enough to be a real game breaker, or something that's pretty much broken and practically useless that would serve no point on using amidst the more powerful units and etc you'd need to address in the mod right now?  :)

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 03:44:17 PM »
I like my mods like I like my mental hospitals.

I think that's enough said. And it will likely become evident if you play left 4 dead, or half life on my desktop...

And this is one of the LEAST insane modpacks I have...

I didn't really dare to post anything more aggressive...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 03:53:21 PM by A brisky little challenger »

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 04:50:54 PM »

I've recently gotten back into Skyrim and started to "seriously" fiddle with modding it.
I've mostly gone for stuff that's lore-friendly and add to the immersion (Frostfall, Wet&Cold, Realistic Needs and Diseases. No more swimming around in frigid ice-waters like its nothing!) , make things prettier and stuff that make things "less stupid" (Like, what's up with followers not being able to ride horses, or how they'll just be awkwardly standing around your bed and staring at you as you sleep? >-> RELAX GODDAMMIT! I KNOW you're sworn to carry my burdens and that you're my sword and my shield, but for the love of Mara, you're freaking me out.)
I also snagged some of the DLC-sized things like Falskaar, Wyrmstooth and Bruma, but aside from accidentally starting Falskaar yesterday, I haven't looked too closesly at them yet. Sure is fun to know there are things I have yet to see in this game despite having poured ~600 hours into it (without mods).

Here are some random screenshots:

Spoiler for Hidden:

My horse mod of choice is Immersive horses. Less popular than Convenient horses, but it had a few features I preferred over CH. Had issues getting it to work right at first, hence the stupid name of this particular horse, but now that things work again, I've decided to change up his AI to make him more aggressive and brave. So rather than running away from fights like most other horses do, he fights to the death. Which is kinda stupid considering he's a horse. So, the name is fitting! Also got the Craftable horse barding mod, so no $5 horse armor DLCs here! It also comes with Krittakittys' pretty horse textures, which is nice. The horses just look so soft and fuzzy now.

I've never understood why followers couldn't ride spare horses by default. Thankfully, there are plenty of fixes for that too, like Simple Follower Mount. The guy riding Dimwit is my heckin lizard fren Among-the-Hist, added by the Interesting NPCs-mod.And he's interesting allright! He's got a background as a vampire hunter from the "Order of the virtuous blood" based in Cyrodiil, which some may remember from Oblivion. Apparently the order is still going strong, partially thanks to the actions of the Hero of Kvatch. The armor he's wearing is added by the "Immersive armors"-mod. The armor I'm wearing is the Bosmer armor. Fitting, because I -am- a Bosmer! :D This shot also shows off the new horse texture and model better. I like how they didn't do that all too common thing of making the horses look too "light". Skyrim is cold and harsh, so those models always end up looking awfully out of place to me. Also love how the colours all resemble various primitive horse breeds.

Better first person camera mod. This should also have been a default thing. I can also see myself if I looked down. I HAVE A BODY NOW! WHEE!!

ELFX + weathers.
And, a mod that lets me sit anywhere.
I don't like chairs irl, so why not make a character who shares my feelings? >->

Hunterborn.
Makes hunting creatures feel a lot more rewarding, and turns hunting in general into a worthwhile and profitable pasttime.
A great mod to have alongside with Frostfall, Realistic needs and diseases and the complete cooking and alchemy overhaul, as it adds plenty of new food and ingredients.
And seeing as I currently play a misguided Green Pact fanatic Bosmer who refuse to eat or use anything plant-based, it's a very welcome addition to have more animal-based ingredients and food sources to mess around with.
It also add plenty of other things you can craft from the things you get.

Iona and Among-the-Hist showing off some more armor sets added by Immersive Armors. As well as some cloaks from "Cloaks of Skyrim.
(And yeah, I like Hist enough to entrust him with the legendary Dawnbreaker. Because he's the bestest lizard-guy-fren. Probably not what Meridia had in mind, but that's what she gets for randomly forcing innocent passerbys to do the cleaning-up for her >-> )

Me, Hist, and Vorstag fighting off a Spriggan Patriarch added by "Immersive creatures" (Starting to see why people poke fun of mod authors who decide to add "immersive" to the title of every mod xP).
Vorstag, for some reason, seem to feel like now is a good time to remind people not to mistake his political beliefs as a substitute for his family values. A line no doubt added by "Follower Commentary Overhaul"
A nice little thing that give followers more to say by reusing random vanilla lines.
I'm sure there are jokes that could be made here given the name of the creature we're fighting, but that's such low-hanging fruit it's buried and rotting in the groud.

Camping in the Rift with Hist. Brought to you by the Campfires and Frostfall mods. It's a nice touch how the followers will idle and come sit with you around the fire like this.

Heckin' Stormcloak armored War Borker. Probably added by Immersive patrols.
Those Imperials will never know what booped them.
(Pls don't hit me, I'm currently neutral, as a non-dragonborn Bosmer I could care less about the Nords and their power struggles. Sure, I care a little because I'm not a Nord and Stormcloaks aren't too happy with non-Nords, but whatever.)

Hist being all deep and stuff.
Like all NPC's added by Interesting NPCs, he's fully voiced, and in this particular case, the voice actor did a really amazing job. I honestly thought he was a vanilla NPC when I first heard him.
Quality does vary a lot tho, but for the most part I think it's pretty good.

Hanging out in the Amber Mead Inn in Falskaar, listening to a new and really good bard-song telling the tale of how Falskaar was founded and stuff.
I use Simple Multiple Followers as my multiple followers mod. Another weird choice, but it does everything I want it to do well enough.
I can have 10 followers, 10 special followers, and 10 animals following me at once.
Not sure I'll ever feel the need to drag 10 people around with me, but two or three makes things a bit more fun and alive.

Iona, housecarl of Riften, silently judging you, while showing off another neat feature of Simple multiple followers.
If you're in a "safe" location (as if such a thing existed in Skyrim :P Good thing "Run for your lives" and "When vampires attack" exist. I hate it when NPCs who didn't deserve it dies, and I don't even know why. Yes, that includes Heimskr and Nazeem. Delphine on the other hand... Good thing for her "the Paarthurnax dilemma" exists, or I'd happily have turned her non-essential and shouted her to pieces. "Sworn to the dragonborn", my pretty pointy ears >-> ), like a town or an inn, and the follower is carrying regular clothes, they'll equip those!
Also note that beautiful, BEAUTIFUL fence to her right.
Normally, it'd be a rather crappy thing with 2D-twigs looking really depressing and blurry, but thanks  to the magic of SMIM. it's now in glorious beautiful 3D.
Same thing with all ropes, chains, barrels, paper-skeletons, and many other dreadful-looking lazy things.
The barrels visible in the background of the previous shot are also improved by SMIM, but it's a bit hard to tell because they're so dark.
She also somewhat shows the Superior lore-friendly hair HD texture replacer.

That's me!
Using the Etheral Elven Overhaul to make elves look more.. elv-ish?
Also using Beards to make beards look better.
Would've been weird to only retexture the hair and leave people looking like they've rubbed their faces in a pile of wet straw.
Sure, I don't really have a beard, but others do.

Good luck seeing ANYTHING in this kind of weather! :D
Hist doesn't seem to mind tho, so he's happily running straight ahead of me.
Another feature of SMF. Followers won't just walk single-file behind you anymore, they can run alongside or in front of you too! Whee!

And speaking of Heimskr, we happened to arrive in Whiterun just in time for him to give his sermon.
With Immersive Citizens, he's (sadly, Whiterfun feels so quiet now) not standing there and preaching from dusk until dawn.
(It also makes Nazeem actually go to the Cloud district. How amazing!)

I also have the Guard dialogue overhaul.
They're a lot friendlier now. I don't think I've heard "No lollygaggin'" even once since I started this playthrough.
And in Riften, they even call me Thane!
(I'm currently level 22 and haven't been to Bleak falls barrow yet, so I'm not Thane of Whiterun. :D)

And to round things off, Hist shows off his improved Argonian eyes while campling in Falskaar.

This is where I'm currently at. Camping after a long annoying day of running all over Falskaar.
With iHUD, the compass and everything else is hidden, so I keep running lost all the time.
But I don't care, muh immersion and stuff.

And that's not even everything!
Khajiit also have digitigrade legs and I can book extended stays at inns. Whee!

I have also modded BoI to use music from the original and Antibirth expansion, for the sake of variety.
Then, I also made this. It's a stupid in-joke between me and my brother. (All items related to that guy has been changed to Sven as well. Yay, consistency! His real name is Steven, but because of how hard it is to watch me play stuff on my laptop, my brother only saw him as being named "Sven", and it ended up sticking.)
I like doing simple stuff like this for myself. I've made a few TES-mods too, but none of them are particularly interesting.
(As if this is >_>)

And finally, I don't normally go for mods that makes games more furry (I'm so much of a heretic in fact that I even main a Nord in TES-games rather than a Khajiit or an Argonian), but here's the one and so far only exception I've made, in Stardew Valley:
Spoiler for Hidden:

My sweet amethyst-loving wife<3 Sure, she was always pretty and I love her personality and humor, but the anthro-mod turned her into the cutest dragon I've ever seen so I just couldn't resist<3