The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Template?  (Read 707 times)

Offline Halþór Úlfurinn

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic wolf
  • Height: 180.34 cm
  • Weight: 64 kg
  • Build: Slim, tall, light build
Template?
« on: August 12, 2017, 01:32:35 AM »
So lthis is my first time trying to get my fursona from just an idea in my head to an actual physical drawing... But I'm having a lot of trouble deciding what Hafþór(my current fursona) will actually look like besides the general colour and the species. So I was wondering is it worth my time to go online and find a free-to-use fursona template or to just try drawing and still not completely knowing what he truly looks like?

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
Re: Template?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 01:45:15 AM »
It's up to you entirely. I'm not very good at drawing so I used lineart for my ref sheets (there's a link to a bunch in the art board or you can Google). However I think people value personally made drawings more than ones from the internet

If you don't really know the full details and just want a basic animal shape, I'd recommend lineart
[/URL]

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 10:12:51 PM »
I used to use various templates when joining the fandom (and sometimes still do) to get a rough idea what I want before I actually settle down on something. I just have too many ideas to go draw them all, or sometimes I don't know what I'm exactly looking for.
So eitherway using templates helps me, but I'd rather not use a template to show off as a reference or something unless I'm short on time. I always like to draw my ideas myself ;D
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 03:14:24 AM »
Personally each time I draw my fursona, I keep changing him one way or another. By drawing him it might help you come to understand how you want your fursona to look, what you might not like, and it might even give you inspiration as to what you can change in order to make you like your fursona more. (So in this case I'd say go with lineart, it takes a quite an amount of time to draw them each time, might as well save some of that time by using lineart... Don't forget to credit lineart though  :P .) (However I will suggest making your own from scratch at one point. You'll find that you might like your fursona to look a certain way, that the lineart will not adhere to. )
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)