The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Partialing out full suits  (Read 1622 times)

Offline pentrep

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
Partialing out full suits
« on: August 07, 2017, 07:56:17 PM »
So I've been waiting for my fursuit for over a year and recently considered adding on some sleeves to partial it out. My maker said it wouldn't be a problem but offered me 2 choices.
The first would be sort of stand alone sleeves that were disconnected from the suit itself, I think. It wasn't really clear what they meant. The other would be shoulder length paws. Thoughts guys? I think the separate set of paws might be nice but could be overkilll? But standalone sleeves sounds silly too in it's own way.

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
Re: Partialing out full suits
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 08:24:25 PM »
Sequana (my icon dergon) is an extended partial with armsleeves and handpaws separate. I really like it, you can chose to wear a long sleeved shirt if it's warm out, and you wouldn't have to have the armsleeves on. It's not overkill at all, the ones I made pack small and it's super convenient! I like that you can have a choice between using the armsleeves and just using the paws.

Offline pentrep

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 09:22:57 PM »
Thanks for the response. Does it matter if you want to wear long sleeve versus short sleeve shirts over your partial? I kinda feel like it being separated would lead to more possibility of it slipping off . I'm assuming "full" sleeves have some sort of attachment that keeps them from slipping plus the added extra paws.

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 12:02:32 AM »
Not at all, I've worn tank tops and t-shits with my armsleeves. I have elastic going across my body front and back, holding the arms together, it doesn't have any chance of slipping <3

Offline pentrep

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 10:07:30 PM »
Do sleeves normally come with the velcro or was that something you added yourself? I guess I need to ask my maker. Thanks for the input.

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 01:37:45 AM »
I prefer the elasticity of elastic instead of velcro, plus it doesn't rub as much. I made my suit, so I sewed the elastic and everything on myself.
But yes, ask your maker, but I hope I helped a bit with your understanding!

Offline pentrep

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 12:37:50 AM »
Yes, thank you very much!