Author Topic: Partialing out full suits  (Read 1632 times)

Offline pentrep

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
Partialing out full suits
« on: August 07, 2017, 07:56:17 PM »
So I've been waiting for my fursuit for over a year and recently considered adding on some sleeves to partial it out. My maker said it wouldn't be a problem but offered me 2 choices.
The first would be sort of stand alone sleeves that were disconnected from the suit itself, I think. It wasn't really clear what they meant. The other would be shoulder length paws. Thoughts guys? I think the separate set of paws might be nice but could be overkilll? But standalone sleeves sounds silly too in it's own way.

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
Re: Partialing out full suits
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 08:24:25 PM »
Sequana (my icon dergon) is an extended partial with armsleeves and handpaws separate. I really like it, you can chose to wear a long sleeved shirt if it's warm out, and you wouldn't have to have the armsleeves on. It's not overkill at all, the ones I made pack small and it's super convenient! I like that you can have a choice between using the armsleeves and just using the paws.

Offline pentrep

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 09:22:57 PM »
Thanks for the response. Does it matter if you want to wear long sleeve versus short sleeve shirts over your partial? I kinda feel like it being separated would lead to more possibility of it slipping off . I'm assuming "full" sleeves have some sort of attachment that keeps them from slipping plus the added extra paws.

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 12:02:32 AM »
Not at all, I've worn tank tops and t-shits with my armsleeves. I have elastic going across my body front and back, holding the arms together, it doesn't have any chance of slipping <3

Offline pentrep

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 10:07:30 PM »
Do sleeves normally come with the velcro or was that something you added yourself? I guess I need to ask my maker. Thanks for the input.

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 01:37:45 AM »
I prefer the elasticity of elastic instead of velcro, plus it doesn't rub as much. I made my suit, so I sewed the elastic and everything on myself.
But yes, ask your maker, but I hope I helped a bit with your understanding!

Offline pentrep

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 12:37:50 AM »
Yes, thank you very much!