The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Persona 5 the incomplete review  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
Persona 5 the incomplete review
« on: August 03, 2017, 11:49:46 PM »
I know you guys right off the bat are gonna say, you haven't finished the game and you're already reviewing. Man.

However I know a lot about this game, and played most of its previous games and e.t.c.. The game is very well done if I must say so.
It's a shame that it didn't get a ten out of ten. I mean honestly I felt it should've.

The short explanation of the game:
You, the protagonist, are a high shcooler coming moving to Shibuya (A city kind of like New York or Los Angelos, more or less a major big city.) You're moving into your uncle's because you got yourself into an incident, and you ended up with a criminal record. The school in Shibuya is the only one that would take in a delinquent like yourself, and that's why you're there. Since everyone knows you have a criminal record they shun you. Some events occur, and you find yourself with the ability to explore the cognitive world of other people. (So basically others subconscious.) With this power, you find that you are able to change the hearts of wicked people, by stealing something crucial from their cognitive world. Because of this you become a phantom thief.
This game is a Role playing, life simulating game. Essentially when you enter the subconscious worlds of people you find monsters in their. You are equipped with something called a Persona, basically a physical manifestation of your personality, and that 'persona' can use spells and powerful attacks. Outside of battle you will be exploring the world by sneaking around creatures, or ambushing them. During battle you are able to talk to the creatures you combat and make them become one of your new personas. Or fuse them and make more powerful ones.
 The other aspect of the game is the life simulating game. You are going to more or less make friends with people around you. People that have also become outcasts of society. And trust me, the characters are very well written, and their backstories and personalities you will find enticing and charming. Sometimes downright hilarious at other times, sad and touching.
 The game thus far has taken me 40+ hours. And others report 50 or sixty hours in total.

The more psychological aspect of the game:
The interesting thing about person is that you explore a person's cognitive world. And basically when people become wicked and they have this ego, that ego becomes an actual thing. Let's say you are this wonderful popular student at school, you get straight A's and the teachers love you. Everyone loves you. So now you might think of yourself as this knight in white armor, flawless and perfect in this castle where everyone looks up to you. In this game, that becomes not quite real, but you will be exploring places like that.

The artistic aspect of the game:
Persona is very artistic. With it's jazzy Music, and its artsy menus. It's sure to impress.
(Game trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPqSkzNNPIg

(On a side note... Personas are not stands.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 11:51:31 PM by Ori »
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Persona 5 the incomplete review
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 12:37:00 PM »
Huh, interesting you bring this up. I've been told to get Persona ages ago. I tried, but couldn't seem to find it anywhere in the stores closeby.
Would you be able to play each Persona game separate from the rest? Or is there an overlaying storyline going through all of them?
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »
I haven't played it myself since I don't own a playstation but indeed I'm very fond of the series and did watch a LP of the entire game. Very much a great game I think!

Huh, interesting you bring this up. I've been told to get Persona ages ago. I tried, but couldn't seem to find it anywhere in the stores closeby.
Would you be able to play each Persona game separate from the rest? Or is there an overlaying storyline going through all of them?
Aside from some few references mostly in form of easter eggs, they are separate! ^_^
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 01:46:24 AM »

They're all separate stories, so you can play any of them in any order. (Except the spinoffs since a lot of them are crossovers.)
My name is Ori.

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Build: Normal
  • Currently: I wanna learn to code dammit x3
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 01:35:05 PM »
Having played Persona 4 Golden recently (not finished yet) this looks great to me!

Thanks for the review. It seems that Persona 5 is still the good old Persona we all know and love! I was worried that by now they would ruin the series at some point. THANKS GOD THEY DIDN'T!

One thing that bothered me is that they changed Igor's voice ;-; The old one, in my opinion, was waaaay better!

One thing I wanna know is how's the game in terms of difficulty. Is it harder, easier, the same with the previous games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Avatar by: Nana (from furry amino)
  • Signature art by: Fable

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 01:43:25 PM »
One thing that bothered me is that they changed Igor's voice ;-; The old one, in my opinion, was waaaay better!

Not to spoil anything but there's a fairly good reason they did! It's very distrurbing at first but will make more sense the more you progress :3
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 01:56:54 PM »
Not to spoil anything but there's a fairly good reason they did! It's very distrurbing at first but will make more sense the more you progress :3

I am glad there's a reason behind this! Because when I saw the trailer it just didn't feel right with me >___<

I am saving up monies to get the game :3 I can't wait to play it!

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 12:49:14 AM »
Having played Persona 4 Golden recently (not finished yet) this looks great to me!

Thanks for the review. It seems that Persona 5 is still the good old Persona we all know and love! I was worried that by now they would ruin the series at some point. THANKS GOD THEY DIDN'T!

One thing I wanna know is how's the game in terms of difficulty. Is it harder, easier, the same with the previous games?

I was so sad about Igor's voice (Me and my coworker were saying he hit puberty)
But as for the difficulty of the game? Hm... I want to say maybe the tiniest bit easier or about the same. Like they let you restart boss matches, as opposed to saying, oh well time to throw you to your last save point... And the actual stealth is broken. Stealth is basically, as long as your in cover your enemies cannot see you. EVEN AT POINT BLANK RANGE. They essentially make Skyrim stealth look like something amazing. And of course it's easier to get first turn advantage.
It's notably harder to raise your social stats. Usually by the halfway mark I half everything maxed out, I think at the moment I have it like halfway maxed out. It's much easier to do find information about people I think then in Persona 4.
The only thing that I really would've wanted was a Skip all out attack button. Kinda annoying.
My name is Ori.

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 03:31:26 PM »
Thanks for the info! Once I buy the game I'll post my thoughts here if you don't mind! Till then, have fun playing the game :3