The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sophor's sophistic introduction  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Sophor

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: feline
Sophor's sophistic introduction
« on: July 21, 2017, 05:58:20 PM »
Heyho, let's get this thing started, shall we?

My name is Sophor, I'm 23, male and a college student in Germany.
I am a furry for a long time, even if a not particular active one. I've dabbled in drawing but a proper fursone has to wait until I won't be embarrassed for the outcome.
In my free time I try to draw, recently I started a kind of challenge just to get a bit better. I'm drawing one of the gen 1 pokemon a day, today it's Charizard's turn, but don't expect much, like I said, I'm still a beginner. But hey, drawing not-so-god pictures is how you get better.
Other than that I like to play games, like probably literally everyone else of you. These days I usually only play either castual stuff like hearthstone (aka stuff I can do while watching videos) or mobas like hots or LoL (feel free to ask me for a game, I always lack players and playing solo just sucks)

So what else. Oh, I mostly joined because I had an rp itch, I am actually not one for little forum games and stuff like that. I used to rp a lot, both SFW and NSFW, not so much recently, something I's like to change. Sure, with kik and omegle it's almost trivial to find a partner, but I am really not a friend of one or two line rps. I'm looking for something more ... literate I guess, with feelings and background, actual content and not just:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Hey
*snuggles you*
Not that I say anything against that, it's just not my thing  :)

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Sophor's sophistic introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 06:05:41 PM »
Welcome aboard! :)

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 06:06:37 PM »
Welcome to the Forums, Sophor!  ^_^   I hope you enjoy your time here and you find the type of rp's your looking for. If you have any questions feel free to ask about or the staff most would be more than happy to help, folks here are quite welcoming and friendly.

Cheers! 

Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 08:42:27 PM »
Hots.
Yes please.
I'll take you up on that in a couple of days. Feel free to add HellEye#2119 :3
Now that that's done
Hello and welcome to the forum! It's nice to meet you!
I'm not one for the big rps so I know how you feel. I much prefer said "hi *snugs*". But we can still chat somewhere around I hope.
See you around and enjoy your time!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 08:45:48 PM »
Hey Welcome to the forum,

if you have any questions: you can post 'm here or send them to me in a PM (Personal Message).

Like I said: Be welcome

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 03:53:42 AM »
Hey
*snuggles you*

^_^

I had to.

Anyway, welcome.  I am excited to see your Pokemon drawings. 
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Sophor

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 07:16:16 AM »
Wow, sorry for my late reply, this section of the forum is way more active than I anticipated ^^

Welcome aboard! :)
Thank you :)

Welcome to the Forums, Sophor!  ^_^   I hope you enjoy your time here and you find the type of rp's your looking for. If you have any questions feel free to ask about or the staff most would be more than happy to help, folks here are quite welcoming and friendly.

Cheers! 
Thanks, I'll probably doing some looking around today, yesterday way kinda stressful, a family mmber vidited and I had to work till about 1 am to finish my daily pic

Hots.
Yes please.
I'll take you up on that in a couple of days. Feel free to add HellEye#2119 :3
Now that that's done
Hello and welcome to the forum! It's nice to meet you!
I'm not one for the big rps so I know how you feel. I much prefer said "hi *snugs*". But we can still chat somewhere around I hope.
See you around and enjoy your time!
Consider yourself added, my friend~
See ya around :3

Hey Welcome to the forum,

if you have any questions: you can post 'm here or send them to me in a PM (Personal Message).

Like I said: Be welcome
So many warm welcomes, it's great ^^
And thanks, I am usually the kind of guy who wants to do things himself, but should I get stuck I'll come back to you  :)

Hey
*snuggles you*

^_^

I had to.

Anyway, welcome.  I am excited to see your Pokemon drawings. 
You, you snuggly monster you!  >:(

I can drop in the 6 pics so far, but like I said, don't expect much, it's not just me being humble, I am really very much a beginner. Most of those heavily rely on references too
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
By far the worst one, but on th eplus side also the one where I worked pretty much without references, the one where I did the pose myself. I guess drawing bad pictures is part of the process of getting better
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm in the middle of linking the pics ... is there a way to show the pictures as BB code in the posting window? I am used to this format (or something like that) putting these big pictures in spoilers isn't too fun.

Offline Imperium Lupi

• Boisterous Bear
  • Republic Lupi
    • DeviantArt
    • Imperium Lupi
    • Awards
  • Height: A bit on the short side?
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 02:09:34 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Germany? My best friend studied and lived in Austria and Germany for years - I love the language, though it's too hard for me. @.@ I use it sparingly in my novels for place names and phrases, and my friend has to correct it, for which I am grateful.
For the Republic Lupi!

www.imperiumlupi.com

Offline Sophor

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 02:42:15 PM »
Hi Sophor, nice to meet you and welcome to the forums! I hope you have fun around here especially in the RP sections, since you are 23 you could ask the admins for access to the adult area, where you will find a more relaxed RP-based section, and if you don't find any appealing looking roleplay you can always start your own of course and see if others join :)

Also as a big Pokemon fan I really like the pictures you drew so far! Gotta love that Bulbasaur! Best of luck with this project of yours, see you around and as I said above, have fun! ^_^
Hey, thanks for the warm welcome. The whole adult area thing was on my mind already, I'll probably do it this evening or tomorrow, I'm not sure I'll be having the time today ...
And its always great to hear that you like the pictures, I am rarely happy with what I do, sometimes I need that kind of positive feedback ^^'
I'm working on Squirtle at the moment, I'll probably post it later today ... thinking about it, maybe I should open some kind of art thread, just to further pressure myself to draw everyday.

Welcome aboard!

Germany? My best friend studied and lived in Austria and Germany for years - I love the language, though it's too hard for me. @.@ I use it sparingly in my novels for place names and phrases, and my friend has to correct it, for which I am grateful.

Hey, thanks :3
And yeah, it's a bitch to learn, even we know that and get frequently confused about it. On the plus side, with a native language like that English really feels like a piece of cake  :P
Oh, and about you using German in your novels, it's really interesting seeing this kind of thing as a German.
Anime especially loves to use the language (Japan seems to have a Europe/German fetish ...). Sometimes it's really awkward to listen to, I remember an ark of the old bleach anime where a group spoke a lot German and it was horrible, the stuff in the last chapters of the manga was similar cringy from a language perspective.
On the other site of the spectrum there are shows like The man in the high castle (great show!) where Germans seem to be played by actual native German speakers. Thinking about it, I wonder how well the Japanese stuff in there is handled ... but I'm getting on a tangent here

Offline Imperium Lupi

• Boisterous Bear
  • Republic Lupi
    • DeviantArt
    • Imperium Lupi
    • Awards
  • Height: A bit on the short side?
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 04:42:17 PM »
It's like when "outsiders" try to write and emulate how we Brits talk, it's often cringe-worthy, but they can't help it. I'm sure we do the same portraying Americans etc. 0:)

I keep the German use to a minimum, and a lot of the words are not strictly real but resemble German only. Anything that must be correct, like mottoes, my friend sees to it. For the next book I need access to some French... luckily he speaks that too! He should get royalties.

For the Republic Lupi!

www.imperiumlupi.com

Offline Sophor

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 06:26:05 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
And also done with today's pic.

Oh, and don't misunderstand me, I have nothing against people using German, if anything I like it, it's just an interesting feeling listening to some weird pronunciation or grammatical gibberish ^^

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 03:29:55 AM »
Nice pictures.  Very good for a beginner.  You should be proud.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Sophor

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 05:17:35 PM »
Again, thank you, people  ^_^
I finally made an art thread, and I also drew something today, but it's a NSFW piece. I figures making two art threads would be silly so I made a single on in the NSFW part where I post everything. For those of you who can go into that part of the forum, here's the link