The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Age Restricted Videos/ Trying to get rid of unwanted subscribers  (Read 864 times)

guest22811

So I'm beginning to make videos that are slightly more violent in nature. Only problem is that the majority of my audience are people who aren't interested and are sensitive to this content. I really do not want to move channels as I have gained quite some attention on my current one and I want to keep it.

One of my videos already got flagged then age restricted, which really flips me off because 1) it cuts views from people who are interested however aren't of suitable age and 2) many other videos that are similar to mine (stickfights) are not age restricted, and are sometimes even more violent than mine.

I really have no idea what to do.
However, I do have a few ideas.

One of them is to slowly shift my content, and eventually the uninterested subscribers will kinda fade off.
Another one is to make a video announcing this (What I am currently doing) to hopefully shout out a warning.

Any other ideas? I'm getting very sick of it.

This is the video in question;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu_h3uOypLg

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Age Restricted Videos/ Trying to get rid of unwanted subscribers
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 06:43:03 AM »
Isn't it possible for yourself to apply a content warning on your videos?

In either case, I think it's always good to include an extra video to explain you want to delve into other interests with regards to animating. That way people can follow and understand where you're going to.
Then -if you can- you could always select the content warning to be placed on your videos anyways. Or let YT do it either way :P
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

guest22811

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 06:53:18 AM »
Yeah, it is. I can apply content warnings to the title indeed, and that's what I've been doing. I'm just trying to deter ghosting/unwanted audiences.

It still pisses me off that the age restriction is on my video though. I filed a re evaluation thing and said that I added a disclaimer in the title, hopefully YouTube may remove it.

Thanks for advice!

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 06:54:06 AM »
A lot of YouTube is broken and will probably never be fixed. One of those ways is how the age restrictions work, and the sad thing is that you'll just have to deal with it for now
One way that tomska gets around this is to put content warnings at the start of the videos so if anyone is sensitive to a little blood they can click away before it starts. It's not a lot but it may work
Good luck ! :)
[/URL]

guest22811

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 08:03:49 AM »
Yeah ughhhhhhh :'^)
I think I'll just mention the violence in the title n' stuff, and if that's not enough, I'm gonna need to put disclaimers in the video itself.

I swear if YouTube was very strict with their violence guidelines every single video would be 18+

Malach1te -- Marauder

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 06:06:22 PM »
Well, you could pull an Onision for a while and put a little disclaimer in front of every video till the subscriber base shoves off. I think a video explaining what your 'new' channel is going to be doing will be good, and perhaps making it your intro video for a bit would help.

YouTube guidelines and enforcements are like weather, sometimes sh!tty and sometimes good.