Author Topic: Worried  (Read 761 times)

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
Worried
« on: June 30, 2017, 12:38:51 PM »
Hi guys, recently I've been starting to get less and less sleep  for whatever reason something in the back of my head is basically telling me "you don't need sleep, just power thropugh the night" this has started to get me worried about my own mental and physical health, although I eventually do get sleep. its from passing out and usually lasts for hours upon hours, this has started to actually screw with my personal life and has been making me get less and less food to keep me healthy.

theres also the fact that i've heard the effects that sleep deprivation can have on the mind and I'm throughlt convinced that this will become worse if I don't do something about it, so I'll try and dump my quickly developing energy drink dependanct, but I would also like to hear advice on how I fan help myself get back into a normal schedule
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Worried
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 12:53:06 PM »
hardest part about sleep schedule is motivation, but yes definitely cutting down on sugar/caffeine and so forth ESPECIALLY at night is a great way to start. Other than that you should go to bed at your allocated time and wake up at your allocated time no matter what, that's the hard part. You go to bed at say, 10pm, you might not sleep until 2am and then you wake up at 7am, you only got 5 hours sleep, but you need to get up anyway. Try it again, and again, and again, weekdays and weekends, doesn't matter, never change your schedule even if only get a few hours sleep a night. Your body will eventually adapt.

If you've tried for 2 months and have had no positive results, see a sleep therapist.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 12:59:56 PM »
Thank you anoni, hopefullt it doesn't have to come to the therapist situation
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 04:49:48 PM »
Anoni mentions to avoid sugar/caffeine, but sugar gets immediately stored in your body and doesn't actually make people active but actually lazy. Getting carbohydrates (such as most if not all sugars) in your body (this instantly is stored, energy to be used for later) makes most people sleepy.
After I eat a carbohydrate-based meal, I almost instantly fall asleep. Whereas if I eat a protein-based meal I don't fall asleep and can stay up for quite a while until the 'direct-energy' has been used up.
That, and there just seems to be a difference between people. Some people stay up from drinking coffee, others fall asleep from it, and then there are others who arent affected by it at all.

I'd suggest to an hour or so before heading to sleep, you lay in bed, don't look at your computer/laptop/phone. Read a book or something.

I don't know how much sleep you do get, but some people simply just need more sleep or less sleep than others.
Also, according to research, people who seem to require less sleep seem to live longer than people who sleep a lot longer (8 to 9 hours).
Sleep deprivation is not good, but if you are getting sleep, then... Well *shrugs* it is different from person to person. If you notice you're getting side-effects from getting too litte sleep, then I hope what I suggested helps (or what anyone else suggests) :) If you're not experiencing side-effects, I wouldn't worry too much about it (unless you sleep like half an hour or something, that seems a  bit extreme ^^; ).
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

guest22811

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 05:08:25 PM »

Anoni has some very sharp points there; motivation is the key to sleep.

Prepare for slightly stupid advice;
Spoiler for Hidden:

I used to have a very similar problem, where I would spend all night trying to sleep, thinking about sleeping but I couldn't.
After a few years of this (possibly?) insomnia, I realised that it was because I was completely bored at night.

This sounds very very stupid, but I always imagine I'm a character in a story or something, then just go through with it in my mind, haha.
i m a g i n a t i o n.
If you get into a really good imagination-story, you may find yourself wanting to return to bed so you can continue imagining xD