The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations I: From The Ashes (Sign-Up/Discussion Thread)  (Read 22948 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Coalition Operations I: From The Ashes (Sign-Up/Discussion Thread)
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2018, 09:54:05 PM »
Hm... to be honest, I don't know what to put for the current round. Being in the engine room right now would be fairly quiet unless the ship takes hull damage.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #301 on: December 30, 2018, 10:57:01 PM »
On the contrary; in combat, the main engineering section is one of a number of hotspots for activity. Power needs to be regulated, for one, lest the EPS conduits for the Steel Avenger blow. Engines need to be monitored and adjusted as needed, so they remain at peak efficiency during combat. Reactor core needs to be constantly monitored, even when the ship isn't taking hull damage - combat can strain the core, even a core the likes of which reside on the Steel Avenger, as everything is drawing power at once - shields, weapons, engines, life support. EVERYTHING.

So even though Vosur isn't on the front lines of orbital combat, he still has a critical role to play.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #302 on: December 31, 2018, 08:07:03 PM »
Hm... alright. I think I'll have something cooked up for myself in a bit, but the others can go on ahead and post first if they have something already.

Edit: I think I'll try my hand at this, hopefully it'll be a good way to end out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 10:46:24 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #303 on: January 18, 2019, 08:07:07 PM »
Still waiting on you, Ray.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #304 on: January 19, 2019, 08:57:05 AM »
I apologize. I thought I responded to this.
I'll have a post sometime tonight.

Offline digithenewgirl

« Reply #305 on: January 26, 2019, 04:35:54 AM »
Is it too late to sign up?

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: January 26, 2019, 04:40:26 AM »
Unfortunately, yes. This RP is in its closing stages. You are, however, free to sign up for this RP's sequel, which I will be starting up as soon as this one is concluded.

Offline digithenewgirl

« Reply #307 on: January 26, 2019, 04:41:25 AM »
Ok thnx

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: January 26, 2019, 08:45:52 PM »
Hm... With Steel Avenger in control along with everything returning to normal on the ship-systems front, should Vosur be needed to do anything?

Edit: Arai isn't using her prosthetic-limbs' options (Kinesis to 'catch' and 'throw' anything magnetic, Stasis to slow-down anything in motion within a short-range of herself) ?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 07:20:55 AM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
« Reply #309 on: February 06, 2019, 09:01:49 AM »
Rom... You ignored what I had said...  :(

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #310 on: February 06, 2019, 02:48:20 PM »
I saw what you said; Arai simply didn't hear Wilco de-cloak, giving him an opportunity to attack. And no, Arai isn't using her modules; she's not thinking straight.

EDIT: I edited the post. But I didn't ignore you, Wilco; I was giving you an opportunity to attack. Arai's attention was fixed on Nari, and she didn't hear Wilco de-cloak behind her. He could very well have a chance to nail Arai once and for all.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 02:57:52 PM by Romulan_Furry »

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
« Reply #311 on: February 06, 2019, 10:30:51 PM »
oh ok. was just wondering why.