The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations I: From The Ashes (Sign-Up/Discussion Thread)  (Read 24702 times)

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
Re: Coalition Operations I: From The Ashes (Sign-Up/Discussion Thread)
« Reply #180 on: April 10, 2018, 02:08:24 PM »
Hmmm... *ponders*

Post Merge: April 10, 2018, 02:10:27 PM
Maybe I get introduced waking up on our ship.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 02:10:27 PM by Wilco Whiteheart, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #181 on: April 10, 2018, 06:30:42 PM »
I don't know if I should post again to give the reply or if I should wait until the next round to allow everyone else to take their parts.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #182 on: April 10, 2018, 06:46:06 PM »
I don't know if I should post again to give the reply or if I should wait until the next round to allow everyone else to take their parts.
do whatever you feel like.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: April 10, 2018, 07:48:20 PM »
Eh, I'll wait. At least give someone besides Ryolu a chance to interact with Vosur or communicate with him through his RIG.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2018, 12:50:24 AM »
I'll make a small post, keep things going.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2018, 07:42:38 PM »
I'll wait for Ray to post something before I give a reply.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2018, 11:33:48 PM »
I don't know if I should post something about my character finding you guys or something. He is a mess rn.  x_x

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2018, 11:42:04 PM »
Does anyone else still in the RP have an issue with such a thing?
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2018, 05:02:44 AM »
I've got no problem with it. Maybe he might find a key-card that would unlock the ship? Or maybe he overheard something of use while trying to find a way off the place?

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2018, 06:25:32 AM »
I'll think of something.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2018, 08:48:13 PM »
Just to make sure I've got this right: Two teams on the 'away' set... Vosur and Rylou to head to the generator, Ray and Wilco to try to find the lock-terminal on the SKIP (if Ray's character agrees to it).

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2018, 09:50:19 PM »
Assuming Ray's character agrees to it, sure. I was under the impression that Vosur already had the information that was needed, and if that's the case, all that would be required would be to disrupt the shields for a few minutes, and the Steel Avenger would be able to beam everyone aboard the station trying to get off, off the station. If the SKIP is needed, that can be beamed aboard as well, likely to one of the hangars.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2018, 11:09:05 PM »
I'll probably be useless for a bit until we reach the ship and I recover.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2018, 12:26:10 AM »
Considering the speed they need to travel on impulse (rather than logic drive), it might take them longer to get out of range of the shielding. And I would consider this place to be 'hardened' to prevent boarding-beams as well, so the SKIP would work better to get out of range, then they could all be beamed aboard. As for the hermetic-seal, he can do a short-term quick-fix, but they would all be on emergency O2 and have to break that quick-fix once aboard the Steel Avenger.

As for Vosur having the info, he knows 'how' to unlock it, but finding the right terminal with the permissions or the key-card to manually disengage the locks would be what he needs (hence his attempt in the security-room). Or if someone were to hack into the security-protocols, that'd make things a bit more smooth.

What Vosur does know is the experience with the tech that this 'pseudo-Sith' has, which is where his initial value would be, and if the Steel Avenger gets damaged, he has the means to repair it where no one else could.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 12:30:14 AM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: May 10, 2018, 02:03:24 AM »
As far as hacking the Tondam info, breaking the encryption, Alessia has an AI character (and so do I, aboard the Steel Avenger) that can break the Tondam encryption. That's not an issue.

What I've been trying to tell you is One, it's too dangerous to fly outside the shields of the Tondam Facility, as between the pseudo-Imperial attack (which was staged from the bridge of the Steel Avenger to cover the entry of the away team) and the sudden assault of the unidentified ship, any craft leaving the station would be almost immediately destroyed, if not by Tondam, then by the new attacker; Two, leaving the station would blow the Steel Avenger's cover, as it's hiding cloaked beneath the station, and beaming the SKIP from outside the station would tip off Tondam and the new attacker that someone else is here; Three, the only thing preventing the Steel Avenger from beaming out the away team is the shields. This is something I gleaned watching Star Trek - when the shields of a ship or station are up, it scatters a transporter beam. Therefore, disrupting a shields generator would disrupt the shields long enough to get everyone and everything aboard the Steel Avenger without tipping off anyone to the presence of a cloaked ship. And yes, I have considered the possible detection of the transport, and the fact the Steel Avenger is cloaked - it's transporter and cloaking technology is based on the type that had been deployed on the Reman Warbird Scimitar.

The Tondam Facility isn't as hardened as you might think, Vosur, as it was in a remote location, and the facility administrators did not think such hardening was necessary. And being a Tondam corporate facility, while it has much in the way of computer protection, it does not have as advanced military defenses, as Tondam, while a shady corporation in GS and my RPs, is a corporation with origins in the Trader Emergency Coalition, a faction from Sins of a Solar Empire, and as such, Tondam primarily uses their tech.

I am not trying to upset you, Vosur - merely trying to explain the nature of this clandestine infiltration that is already going awry (as I would say, in a military operation, nothing ever goes according to plan) and how they would get off-station without drastically changing the operation. I really want to get through this part with the Tondam Facility and move into the next phase of the story, which I fear is rapidly getting obscured.