The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The South of Town [Open, Apply In The OOC Sheet]  (Read 7608 times)

Offline Angus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion, Saber-tooth Cat hybrid
  • Coloring: Yellow-brownish body (peach-like underbelly)|Red mane and tail fur|Yellow eyes|
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 217 lbs.
  • Build: Neutral, but on the muscular side
The South of Town [Open, Apply In The OOC Sheet]
« on: June 18, 2017, 05:29:45 AM »
[Unless your application has been approved, do NOT post a reply here. Check out the OOC sheet and wait for approval: https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=36634.0 ]

November 17, 2038   7:37 A.M.
The Shield-Neck Police Department (SNPD), Briefing Room

"Alright, quit all your barking and roaring!"

A wolf walked into a briefing room filled with all the staff that would soon be on-duty. The only excluded members that weren't in the room at the time would be custodial staff. The wolf, otherwise known as Chief Feargpaw snarled at the officers that were talking as he entered. Feargpaw stood at 6'7" with a muscular body type. He is a Northwestern wolf with a bad attitude, and doesn't tolerate even the simplest of mistakes. Most Triflepaw officers have grown to dislike him because he is one of the few Triflepaws to ever reach a rank as high as his. Feargpaw often acts in a cold manner, often wanting to end a conversation as quickly as possible. Despite this, however, Feargpaw's parents died when he was close to graduating from high school. This left him with no choice but to drop out and work three jobs to support his 3 younger brothers. When the four joined the police academy as they grew older, their relationship became strained as Feargpaw moved up in the ranks.

The officers took the hint and all chatter shut down. Feargpaw slammed a folder on a podium in the front of the room and took a moment to look at everyone present.

"You all act like immature pups and cubs sometimes." The wolf sighed and opened the folder. He emitted a noticeably loud huff.
"South is acting incredibly worse this month. You know the deal already: gangs, assault, and robbery. However, we've got a few reports of drug labs in a few buildings. You're going to go in teams to sort this out. I don't care how you do it, but make sure this gets me as little paperwork as possible in the end."

The chief then said the names of four officers. "Today's your lucky day, you won't be stuck in a hot building all day. You're taking on the first building reported that has a drug lab. 1120 Grizzly Avenue. Get in there, see what's going down, and figure this out. Simple, right? Right. So don't mess this up. You're now team Alpha, now go get it done."

He began sorting out the rest of the teams, and once he was done, he yelled a snappy "Dismissed!".
  • Avatar by: Ashwolves5 (via FurryAffinity Forums)
Even lions like cookies.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
Re: The South of Town [Open, Apply In The OOC Sheet]
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 07:31:36 AM »

Holly Sato
She stood at the back of the crowd, patient, quiet. When she heard the dismissal she trudged back towards her cubicle, thinking of anyway she could do her paperwork faster.

Kai Sato

Padding down a dark alley she headed towards a police block, the one where her sister was. She had to see her sister one more time before her next move.
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: coyote
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 05:41:59 PM »
15 Minutes before the meeting began....

Rioko feels a part of her soul die as the stack of papers work grows steadily larger on her desk. It has gotten to the point where she almost wishes she got assigned toilet cleaning duty today. Both involved cleaning up someone else's explative laden poo, one was just more metephorical than the other.

A first generation Trifflepaw Rioko has no pictures of family to put up on her desk, just a couple of nicknacks and a picture of other lizards like herself all lined up in front of the lab she was created in. A casual observer would have trouble picking her out of the crowd however. Secular work was not kind to a creature made to stalk prey through the jungle.

Rioko's once slender form has widened out, splitting her underbelly scales and causing some trouble for her with the chair she is sitting in. It's one of those specialty chairs made for people with long thick reptile tails. It was cheaply made when they got it and probably made for a creature not as well fed.

The red scaled lizard growls slightly as she tries to get comfortable in her chair. She has to sit sideways but now the chair is up too high, she struggles with the adjustment knobb, wobbling it violently as the chair goes up and down. Once she finds the right height Rioko relaxes a bit, getting ready to process this paper work. She leans backward and

CRACK

The chair pops, leaning backward and nearly throwing Rioko out of it. With a Savage yell she turns, "DIE EVIL LITTLE THING!"

A moment later the door opens and a cheetah finds the reptile tearing into her chair with her teeth and claws. The awkward pause that ensues seems to last forever. "YesSSSsssSs?"

"Uh...team meeting in ten."

"Oh! Thanks I will be right there. I was just um..." Rioko looks to the gutted remains of her chair, "It doesn't matter. I'll be there soon." A small part of her didn't know why it mattered. No one would give her an assignment anyway, not in a million years...

/Now./

"Holy..." Rioko has to take a double take. The chief really called her name? There wasn't some other Rioko here was there? Rioko waits until after the meeting before she Chase's down the wolf. "Hey! Hey boss! Is it true? Am I really on team Alpha?" The lizard rubs her arm nervously, "Does this mean I will be on more assignments later on? Who am I taking orders from? Does this mean I get to use the a weapon again?!" She asks with perhaps too much excitement.

"I mean it's ok if I don't but, it has been over a year since...you know..." Her voice trails off.

(I promise not to make all my poses this long xD also you are free to make up what the 'incodent' was if you want or leave it ambiguous c:)

Offline Angus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Yellow-brownish body (peach-like underbelly)|Red mane and tail fur|Yellow eyes|
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 07:03:28 PM »
The chief ceased walking to look at the officer. When he was about to speak, he spotted team Bravo moving quite slow as they walked to their lockers.
"Move your pelts!" The wolf barked. The group quickly ran on their heels, one officer even yelping in surprise.

Feargpaw turned back around.
"You're on Alpha, that is correct. Depending on if your team actually gets this done correctly, you all may have the privilege of getting to go on patrols more often. I'm assigning you with leading this team, being that you're more experienced than this group of immature rookies. I want this to be a clean job; only use your weapons if you have to." He paused, and lowered his voice.

"And if you so much as hurt an innocent civilian with no probable cause...I'll make sure you're on toilet duty for the next month..." The chief took a step back and called another officer over.

The officer was a white Bengal tiger that stood at six feet tall, and was slightly more muscular than the chief was. He had a noticeably large scar that ran across his neck.

"This is officer Gaireson. He's one of the officers that will be joining your team. The rest will meet you in the parking lot when you're ready to go...and by ready to go, I mean in 10 minutes or less. Get to it."
The chief turned around and began walking back to his office.

(It's fine. The longer the better.)
Even lions like cookies.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 09:24:04 PM »

Holly Sato

She heard lots of commotion and yelling as she swam through the crowds. She shook her head,
Did he call may name?
What could that mean?
Would I have to fight Kai?
Again?

Kai Sato

Even from the outside, much noise could be heard. She shook her head, "They should have better discipline. Geez. Get Holly running the place you might even catch me..." she muttered in disgust. She grabbed the irrigation pole and used it and little footholds to climb up. She was wearing dark clothes, so anybody looking up would just see black. She climbed up to about the level with Holly's cubicle and she pulled herself up to the window, she waved, hoping that Holly would see her as she walked to her cubicle.

Holly Sato

Holly shook her head, she rushed to the window, letting it up a bit they had a conversation on the whereabouts of a fake drug factory. Holly didn't like the fraud, but knew it was the only way to climb the ranks. She straitened as Kai dropped to the ground and ran. Holly turned on her heel and went to her cubicle to get shoes more suitable and her gear, running down the stairs she slipped it on. She made it to the parking lot and stood with two other rookies. She at least had been on a few patrols before.

(I hope I can do this or was she not called... *shrug* dunno)
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 09:43:39 PM »
It takes all of Rioko's will poer to not squeal with joy. Genetically altered murder monsters do not squeal on delight. She however leans backward when his second order about civilian casualties is give. "Y-yes sir. I learned my lesson from the last time." She Continues to smile, more lip less teeth, just like she has learned to smile for their human overlords with out causing them discomfort.
Although in all fairness that punk from a year ago totally had it coming to him either way. Well, maybe not exactly the mauling she gave him but he still had SOMETHING coming to him.

She turns to the tiger nodding her head regarding him as a fellow professional. "Excuse me while I take a quick trip to the armory. Good hunting sir."

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 09:23:31 AM »
Holly

She stood awkwardly in the parking lot, checking on her katar. Sharp as ever still. She used it a lot, but took good care of it.

Kai

She rushed back towards one of the real drug factories, smacking a few humans in the head when she got there. "Work faster, maggots. We got a patrol on it's way. Only leave a little of the drugs and equipment here. The others, move it to Base 1 out of the Shield-Neck territory." She turned to the triflepaws who grimaced under her stare. "Make sure the humans do their jobs. You heard what I said to. Get to it."

They all replied in a uniform manner. "Yes Butterfly." She nodded with satisfaction.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Angus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 03:58:53 PM »
In ten minutes, both Alpha and Bravo stood outside in the parking lot wishing each other good luck. Team Alpha's building location was already pinpointed on each GPS in their vehicles. Officer Gaireson would be driving one of the undercover vans. Three other officers would assist them: a ram, a lion, and a jaguar.

Team Bravo had made their way out towards their destination, now it was down to Alpha to head out.
Even lions like cookies.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 04:25:56 PM »
Holly Sato

She did what she was told, following the orders with a careful precision.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 07:38:35 PM »
Rioko arrives a minute after the ten minute deadline. Gone is her blue uniform, gone is the friendly awkward cap normally worn to put humans at ease.

The lizard is wearing body armor in the form of a bullet proof vest and a pair of blue cargo pants. A badge is pinned to her vest.

It feels good to have a pistol strapped to her hip again. She was trained with the rifle but she wasn't going to press her luck. She was already hostile looking enough, adding a rifle to the mix would be...overkill.

"Oh hey! Look at you!" She says to the little fennec fox. "Bet you are happy to be out from behind a desk. I know I am." Rioko steps into the police van.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 09:22:43 PM »
Holly Sato

She snorted "Of course I'm glad, I was about to rip most of it. I'm sure you are even happier to be off the paperwork."

She looked up at the lizard as her height was very short. "So Rioko, how dyo think this one is going to go?"

Kai Sato

Rushing on, she helped the other incompetent triflepaws to move all the equipment and drugs except a few vials and a dispersed pound of a common street drug. Cocaine, with a slight bit of heroine.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Angus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 09:50:29 PM »
The van sped off into the road. Officer Gaireson figured he'd try to lighten the mood by beat-boxing, which he happened to be quite good at. Another officer played along by tapping his handcuffs on the side of the van. This went on until they approached their destination, and the beat quickly died off. The building was evidently poorly managed. The paint was chipping off, stains of some liquid that could only be liquid decorated the walls, and graffiti expressed the story of how many gangs were in the area. The van came to a stop, and Gaireson was the first to step out.

"Oh...my..." Were the first words to escape his jaws as he examined the building.

The ram stepped out after him, shaking his head. It was a terrible sight indeed, but many buildings were close to ending up like that. Gaireson turned around, looking at Rioko with eyes of uncertainty.

"How do we go about this...?"
Even lions like cookies.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 10:44:55 PM »
Rioko was tapping her foot along with the beat as the van speed along the highway. "Don't you know it! Another month behind the desk and I would fit inside this van!" She laughed.

When the van stops Rioko cringes at the sight of the building but for completely different reasons. Rioko was designed for warfare, sure, JUNGLE warefare. Hunting down guerillas as a pack through dense trees and heavy fauna.

The original team that designed her and her brethren never intended for them to set foot in urban areas. Someone getting mailed by Trifflepaws was already a PR nightmare, imagine how much worse it would be if they were eaten by a cheap dinosaur clone?

"Once the warrant clears we head straight to the target. I doubt the manager will mind the damage we do..." She jokes while gesturing to the building and feeling slightly guilty about making it. Not everyone gets to live in a fancy appartment with a shower designed to her species like she does. " Doorknockers go first, we arrest everyone inside. Would be my suggestion." She adds as an after thought. After all it would be impropper for her to order about the tiger in charge.

"It's going to be narrow inside, lots of places to hide. We should stick together. No heroics. The place will be filled with many of our trifflepaw brethren, and not all of them are gang members. So be easy on the trigger finger."

Rioko may be a fat bellied genetically altered murder machine, but that is no excuse to exurcise poor self control. Of course, she's never been in a fire fight, not a true one anyway...

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 11:27:37 PM »
Holly Sato

She smiled at the reptile, "Ah it's fine, I'm sure we'll do good. I hope I do, so I can enjoy my last few years alive."

Kai Sato

She stayed behind to incriminate the scene as the others ran. She could hear the vans outside. "Hope this goes well..." She slipped on a black scarf and waited for them to break an entry.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Angus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 01:29:01 AM »
Officer Gaireson nodded, and pointed to the ram.
"You heard her. Toghoof and I will breach the doors. Keep your eyes open and, well, noses sharp...as much as you can, at least."

This caused a few chuckles from a few officers. Gaireson stepped aside for a moment to communicate with someone on his walkie-talkie. He then walked back to the group.

"We're good to go. We've got reports that someone was seen leaving the scene about 20 minutes ago. We're instructed to not follow them. Anything we see, we bag up. The lab is downstairs on the last floor. This mission has to be in and out, we've got a few more buildings to hit. I think this will go well."

He gave one last smile before motioning the group to follow him. The tiger then began walking towards the building.
Even lions like cookies.