The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Quotes of (Famous) People and What You Think About Them  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Quotes of (Famous) People and What You Think About Them
« on: May 15, 2017, 02:22:25 PM »
"I think it's terribly dangerous for an artist to fulfil other people's expectations. I think they generally produce their worst work when they do that."
David Bowie

You know the things some people say that turn into (important) quotes? It's usually something unique in a way, something that you connect to, something that's insightful. It can make you sad, happy, laugh or cry.
Such things can make you realise things you did not realise before or can make you think about things you never thought about before.

To me, the quote I started with is something I hold close to my heart and mind. Since I found out about that quote a few years ago, I decided to save it somewhere. It reminds me I should always do what I want to do for myself. Not for others.
While I draw commissions and other such things for other people (to enjoy), I draw it because I want to. I want to take commissions, I want to draw for others, but I don't draw for others. I don't draw for others because others want to see me draw/work. I draw because I want to draw.

So what quote(s) do you know of? And why is it/are they important to you? Or do you have any other thoughts/feelings about it/them?
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
Re: Quotes of (Famous) People and What You Think About Them
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 02:36:44 PM »

"Smiling can be a powerful weapon, especially when you don't feel like smiling"
HellEye!

Something he said to me a while back but seems to have stuck with me, may seem cliché but it's true in my opinion
There's always gonna be hate and pain in life, but I'm sure we can all think/remember of someone who's been a beacon in that hate, and smiling helps you be a beacon for someone you may or may not know
[/URL]

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 05:21:26 PM »
Well well, I feel obligated to post here since I was quoted >.> I'm not famous though.

"Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"
~ George Carlin

Even though he's a comedian and this is a part of a stand-up, there's still a lesson to be learned. Every little thing others do differently will be odd for us. Driving speed, hand writing speed, how much we eat at once, all that stuff. But at the same time, we are the odd ones for them. So we can keep judging for everything, or we can accept our differences and work together.
Gotta say, I'm guilty of judging for some small things too... Still working on that.

I feel like my Polish teacher. Finding a deeper meaning in random comedy. But that's what I think of that. Also I highly recommend watching some of Carlin's stuff. Pretty funny guy. Just don't get offended, he does talk religion in a place or two.
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline TenOfSwords

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Life has been going waaaaaaaay to fast recently.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Badger
  • Coloring: Black/white
  • Height: Tall-ish
  • Weight: Very light
  • Build: Skinny
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 05:43:07 PM »
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he'll tell you the truth
Oscar Wilde

This quote, in my opinion, sums up what the world has become. We all have to give in to popular opinion when we are with people who know us, yet while we are anonymous, we can say what you like.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 07:05:00 PM »
"The future is unwritten"
-Joe Strummer

The past has already happened, the present is all that is now, the future hasn't happened yet.
Learn your lessons from your mistakes, keep your head in the game and don't expect the future to be a brighter one. Make it a brighter one.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:45:30 PM by Ventus Fall, Reason: Fixed tiny text bug for you. »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot