The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Romulan Art  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Romulan Art
« on: April 29, 2017, 07:53:45 PM »
Don't let the name fool you - this is not art from the Romulan Homeworld. Wanted the name to catch your attention. I may not be good at drawing people, but I can do starships. Even with my poor vision, I am good with them so long as I have a reference pic to look at. And, from time to time, I come up with starship designs on my own. I will also post images of a mural I have been working on since Junior High School in this thread, so you can see how my starship art skill has improved since then. An example:

I also didn't see any rules against it, so unless specifically prohibited, I will post my RP Weapon images here, the ones I design. It's not drawn art, but rather weapons I designed on an old site that apparently is not being worked on anymore, but is somehow still up. Example:

That's an older design of mine, the RX Kalashnikov AK50M7. If desired, I can provide more specific info.

There are ships I did on my computer, however, the hull designs were not originally mine, and I cannot find nor remember the names of the original authors. Unless specifically asked, I am afraid I cannot post those here. Sorry.

Now, all that said - anyone wanna see further pics of my mural?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:19:46 AM by Romulan_Furry »
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
Re: Romulan Art
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 08:11:56 PM »
I know nothing about spaceships.  But I know that it looks good.  So I'd be interested in seeing your mural.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 08:37:47 PM »
Sure. I'll post some of the images I have, and when I can, I'll post more recent pictures.

If you've a question about the image - for example, what one of the ships are - feel free to ask.

You know, believe it or not, I did requests on ships for this mural. Alex has a ship on here, though his ship is cut off at the bottom. This image does not show another request I did, however - one of a UNSC Halcyon-class Cruiser.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:22:27 AM by Romulan_Furry »
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 08:38:57 PM »
Wow!  That is a lot of ships.  More than I thought there would be, lol.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 08:49:44 PM »
I did say this is a mural, didn't I? It covers most of the wall behind my desk and a good half of the adjacent wall at the head of my bed. Lots and LOTS of ships. And all from varying sci-fi franchises.

Offline Nutmeg

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • A squirrel with a sweet tooth.
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Purple fur with a pink border and a light yellow underside. Light pink hair.
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 60kg
  • Build: A little curvier than average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Shop shop shop til you drop
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 09:02:01 PM »
Oh wow, they look amazing! So much detail   ^_^
^ That's right, a spice was named after this squirrel!!
^ Is the best squirrel and also the sweetest

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 09:13:58 PM »
If by "they" you mean the ships on my mural... yeah, I try to make them as detailed as I can, given my poor eyesight. As I said, however, some are my own design. Like the Star Destroyer looking one - the Iron Regent. That's not actually a Star Destroyer, but a merger design of four types of Imperial starships: The Interdictor Cruiser, the Victory-II Cruiser, the Imperator-I Star Destroyer, and the Harrower Star Destroyer. Funny thing is, when I drew that, I didn't even realize it until my friend Adam pointed that out. He was impressed with the design.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 02:33:43 AM »
What did you do to my poor Aurora i can barley see the head of it? XD.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 02:40:44 AM »
 XD Sorry! And if you ever do get down here, you'd need more than one shot to get the whole mural. Trust me.

I believe you can spot the Aurora easily enough on this one; it's the one behind the Klingon Bird of Death, firing on the Kol Battleship. Toward the bottom edge of the pic.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:23:40 AM by Romulan_Furry »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 12:44:49 PM »
yeah  I know just joking with you
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 05:33:15 PM »
Anyway, let us see another image:

I am sure there are some among us who can spot the Halo and Star Wars ships present in this image. Anyone wanna try and point them out?

:)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:24:34 AM by Romulan_Furry »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 02:38:34 AM »
Okay, so as of tonight, I have added a new ship to my mural, requested by Bricket; trouble is, I have no way to take an image of said addition, so I have no way to post it. As soon as I get a reliable camera and a method of transferring the image to this PC, I will be posting updated images of my mural. The ship? An MC75 Star Cruiser, with battle damage and battle actions (firing turbolasers and such). Poor b*****d is getting hit hard, though - it can't take the brunt of the Kapoleron attacks being fired at it from the nearby Predator-class Star Battleship. And it's shields are getting assaulted by a nearby Sangheili vessel's Energy Projector.

Offline Solomon the Solitary

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Subtle but bold.
    • Awards
  • Species: Chinese/Western Dragon Hybrid.
  • Coloring: Night black with a royal purple underbelly.
  • Height: Over 7'8.
  • Weight: 300-365 pounds.
  • Build: Muscular build and a fairly curvy body.
  • Currently: Feeling confident.
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 02:55:46 AM »
Awesome! I really like all the detail, they look like pictures straight from a scifi book. You're a pretty good artist.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 03:29:54 AM »
Many ships are from star wars star trek and Halo, but many others like the Aurora are somewhat custom designs, though the Aurora design is based off a game called Off World Resource Base or O.R.B. though i think Rom changed the design a bit so it seemed more like an original creation, and I actually like that.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 07:01:35 PM »
Been a long time since I posted here. But, I got a new phone, and one that can take clearer pics despite my shaky hands. So here's a couple new ones from my Mural:

Image One

Image Two

Image One is an older image, featuring an Interstellar Concordium Battleship attacking a Lyran Destroyer (both of which come from the Star Trek: Starfleet Command II Empires at War game), a Romulan D'Derridex Warbird attacking a Cardassian Brinok-class Cruiser, a Vasari Antorak Marauder, and a New Republic Defender-class Star Destroyer with Y-Wings launching from its Ventral Hangar Bay.

The most prominent feature of Image Two was that odd, arrowhead-shaped vessel dead center; that is a ship from a mod for Star Wars: Empire at War. The mod was called Knights of the Old Empire. The ship... well, I can't remember what the ship was called, but it's a destroyer-class vessel with an interesting hull setup. It was difficult to draw at first, but I eventually got it down.

I'll get back to you with more pics soon.