Author Topic: I hate how popufurs get whatever they want  (Read 602 times)

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Looking for friends
I hate how popufurs get whatever they want
« on: April 05, 2017, 07:56:44 AM »
Even if a "popufur" is in the wrong, everyone sides with them unconditionally, and us common useless plebs get spat on over and over again.

All it takes to be a "popufur" is enough money for lots of sexy yiff commissions from the popular artists and a fursuit and tickets to cons. No talent even required if you come from a decent family with money and borrow/steal it. Oh and of course being a good looking gay male helps.

Man I wish common folk like me were more accepted.

Btw I'm still desperate. Someone message me.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
Re: I hate how popufurs get whatever they want
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 08:43:51 AM »
I agree with this, but maybe next level?
I think it's somewhat a paradox that the more money and popularity you have, the less you have to spend and the more people will hate you.
It is quite disgusting actually how this is the case and it seems like people just seem to love having someone to idolise. I hate celebrity culture.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 10:33:10 AM »
I agree with this, but maybe next level?
I think it's somewhat a paradox that the more money and popularity you have, the less you have to spend and the more people will hate you.
It is quite disgusting actually how this is the case and it seems like people just seem to love having someone to idolise. I hate celebrity culture.

What do you mean by "next level"?

And I don't understand the paradox.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 12:12:03 PM »
I agree and don't agree. There are quite a few 'popufurs' out there who are indeed as you described, but there are also quite a few who get that 'title' without wanting it and all the negativity that comes with it. They simply became popular in a variety of ways.

For example:
Saving up for a detailed, expensive fursuit. You really want to have a fursuit made by a particular fursuit maker. Their work is like artwork, and when wearing it you will -whether you want to or not- be associated with this maker. You might simply like their style of fursuit-making as it brings out your character in the best way possible, but people will know you spent a lot of money (and time) into getting that fursuit from that specific builder.
A lot of people won't care about the person inside the fursuit or the character. They will most likely care about who made the suit, rather than who is in the suit.
I've known quite a lot of people (online, real life, fursuiting, not fursuiting) who simply wanted artwork or a fursuit made by someone, but they instead get associated for their potential wealth. They don't want this attention, or at least not that much. And a lot of people want to talk to a lot of people, but then can't, because there are too many people wanting to talk with them, because they are popular. See the conundrum?

A lot have not asked to be popufurs, a lot have not realised any potential consequences.

There are always two sides to a story, is what I'm saying here :)

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 01:44:33 PM »
Well still... I'm jealous. They have everything I ever wanted and never will have.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 02:30:58 PM »
To be fair, I don't know where you're coming from, and I know this is very old hat, but:
Where there's a will, there's a way.

The classic story Great Gatsby is all about a dude who goes from farmer boy to millionaire. If you are driven to become a popufur, take a look at yourself and make a change to do everything to become that.
Social media is the way these guys got popular and it's there for anyone with an internet connection. Obviously don't expect to become popular over night, but if you put in the effort, the sky is the limit.

You're still you, and that's something all these "popular people" will never have.
Take that any way you want, but you're unique and that's something that can definitely be cherished.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot