The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What fictinol ship whould you captain and why  (Read 2199 times)

Offline PUGINATOR

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • ww2/ww1 enthusiast
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Currently: Avatar by, PUGINATOR
What fictinol ship whould you captain and why
« on: March 25, 2017, 02:55:27 AM »
Any Fictional ships-examples-halo universe-mass effect-starwars-startrek-ect you get the point
You may use the same ship more than once

I choose the U.N.S.C infinity as the overall size of the warship is unspeakable and having covenant and forrunner
Tech and doesent have a problem smashing through covenant fleets. It carrys 10 heavy paris class frigates being able to deploy a small fleet on the move and 4 MAC (magnetic accelerator cannon) guns give it ans impressive ammout of fire power

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
Re: What fictinol ship whould you captain and why
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 05:50:13 AM »
Oooo, good topic!

Personally, I like medium-small ships like the Millennium Falcon or Serenity. To me, they're the perfect size for galavanting around the galaxy by yourself or with a small group of friends. I'm not sure which one I'd want, but I've been watching Star Wars Rebels, so I'm leaning towards the Ghost right now.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Bewlay

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 06:15:42 AM »
Ah, that's quite a bit of a difficult choice, but a great question nonetheless.

I'm torn between quite a few of my favourites, such as the Normandy, Serenity, or the Enterprise-D. However, at this moment, my choice would have to be the Enterprise NCC-1701 - 'no bloody A, B, C, or D'. It's great for exploration (at least for five years), comes equipped with stations of all sorts, is decently large - though its scale isn't as terribly daunting as later iterations - and, in general, I've always fancied the design in all of its simplistic sixties sci-fi goodness. Sure, it might lack the endless wonders and capabilities of the holodeck, but everything - the computers, the doors, the weapons - makes fun noises, too! That's surely more than enough to make up for its absence.  :P 

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 11:44:29 PM »
Mm... an interesting topic.

Can custom designs built and derived from existing models be listed?

Because if not... It's a toss-up between the Reman Warbird Scimitar and the Mandalorian Keldabe-class Battleship.

Mandalorian Keldabe because it's big, it's mean, it's heavily armed, armored, and shielded, and meant for combat. This thing could go toe-to-toe with a Star Destroyer and win.

Reman Warbird because it has extreme weapons, two layers of shielding operating on separate frequencies, a Thalaron Generator (Inhumane, but I'll take every combat advantage I can get), and this thing can use shields, warp drive, and weapons while cloaked. Hell. YES.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Skall

• Avid Aardvark
  • Spero Spera
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Reddish fur, hair is a darker shade, bright blue eyes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 115 lbs.
  • Build: Petite, flexible, but surprisingly strong.
  • Currently: Fine. Really.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 12:52:44 AM »
A Wolfen or an Arwing, from Star Fox Assault.

Fast, light, deadly in large numbers. What's not to like?
We were never meant to walk over water. We were meant to immerse ourselves and recall how to move.

-- Margot Schlipp

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 12:57:09 AM »
I had no idea you were a Star Fox fan. But that got me thinking - how would one of either of those stand up to a TIE Defender? I'd like to see that...
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Skall

• Avid Aardvark
  • Spero Spera
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Reddish fur, hair is a darker shade, bright blue eyes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 115 lbs.
  • Build: Petite, flexible, but surprisingly strong.
  • Currently: Fine. Really.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 01:27:38 AM »
Yes, but I haven't played any in a long time.

An Arwing can do an aileron roll. I'd say that's quite an advantage for cover.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Star Wars to be able to name the advantages of a TIE in comparison to Starfox craft.
We were never meant to walk over water. We were meant to immerse ourselves and recall how to move.

-- Margot Schlipp

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 02:02:36 AM »
In terms of maneuverability, an Arwing would be more or less evenly-matched against a TIE Defender. A TIE Defender, however, would have serious advantages in the areas of shields and weapons; the shields would buy the Defender time to make the killing blow, and they regenerate quickly, depending on how much power the pilot has put into the shields; the weapons... a TIE Defender is armed with Laser Cannons, Ion Cannons, and warhead launchers that can launch a wide variety of missiles with varying payloads and speeds.

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 03:09:20 AM »
Enterprise D (I believe) from Next Generation, or, if in a wicked mood, the Borg Cube...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 12:41:58 PM by Naake ni »
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 04:54:19 AM »
The UNSC GA-TL1 Longsword-class Interceptor. This baby provides three major roles: starfighter, interceptor and bomber. She's packing 110mm rotary cannons, 120mm ventrals, a Shiva nuclear missile, AGSM-10 missiles and to top it off Moray space mines. It can blow Seraphs out of the sky, nuke a Covie base and pull a classic A-10 drive by.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Not all women may love you, but all Longswords will BRRRRT for you.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 06:15:02 PM by Blaiiine »
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 05:39:04 AM »
It depends. As far as for space travel and sustainability, an Odyssey Science Cruiser Federation starcraft. Four phaser beam arrays, two quantum torpedo launchers, two tricobalt torpedo launchers, shield array MK X, impulse engines MK X, deflector array MK X, Matter antimatter warp core MK X, advanced sensory array (great for spotting cloaked ships), hull rating of 42k, bonuses to shield and auxiliary power. The Odyssey class is the largest vessel ever created by Starfleet. Its massive size makes it very resilient, but its turn rate is reduced by the bulk of the vessel. The Odyssey's unique split saucer pylon reduces subspace wake at higher warp speeds. The Odyssey is designed as an extreme long-range vessel, and can operate for long periods of time away from support. Because of this, it is the most versatile cruiser ever developed by the Starfleet Corps of Engineers.

As far as small space craft/single occupant, I would go with Panther Caroso's Black Rose Wolfen. The Black Rose is a modified Wolfen, is Panther's personal starfighter, customized after Star Wolf's survival from the Aparoid Invasion. Its design and appearance somewhat resemble the Wolfen II used in the Lylat Wars.  Its main weapon is the Zapper, a slow-firing yet powerful weapon that discharges a blue electric ray able to vaporize almost any starfighter.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 06:09:43 AM by Rob_Silvermyst »

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 05:51:56 AM »
This thread inspired me to design my own ship. It's actually a concept I've had in mind for a while now. I call it a Star Cutter. It's a light transport ship, roughly the size of the Serenity. It can be customized as a cargo transport, personnel transport, science/exploration vessel, or combat ship.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 06:59:26 AM »
Mandalorian Keldabe because it's big, it's mean, it's heavily armed, armored, and shielded, and meant for combat. This thing could go toe-to-toe with a Star Destroyer and win.
Keldabes are excellent, although they technically aren't Mandalorian, they were just manufactured by Mandal Hypernautics

As for me? I'll take a Mandalorian Kandosii class dreadnaught. It not only is made for space combat, it also holds a ton of ground forces, ready to conquer more systems for Mandalore! Or you can just nuke the shit out of a planet that's too hard to take  0:)

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • *Sounds of crunching seashells*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Garthim
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
  • Height: 6.7ft
  • Weight: 270lbs
  • Build: Bulky and bumpy, with a top heavy build.
  • Currently: Looking for a crystal... maybe one that has a darker color.
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 03:12:22 PM »
  Hmmm oh! The ship I would settle being the captain of is Gotengo from the Godzilla series. It's huge, fast, filled with awesome weapons. And most of all is used to fight giant laser blasting monsters! Plus most of the crew are super human agents with flashy hand to hand fighting. But that's just me. Oh and it's all about the drill in the front too XD
  • Avatar by: A picture from Google.
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline TenOfSwords

• Boisterous Bear
  • Life has been going waaaaaaaay to fast recently.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Badger
  • Coloring: Black/white
  • Height: Tall-ish
  • Weight: Very light
  • Build: Skinny
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 03:15:24 PM »
Void Ship

It looks cool, and it's pretty safe.