The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Critique For Fursuit Design.  (Read 1677 times)

guest22811

Critique For Fursuit Design.
« on: March 21, 2017, 02:09:23 PM »
I have literally no idea if I should post it in this board or the fursuiting board, or both. So I just did it in this one. Move as needed

I plan to make a suit based off the following design:

I'm not asking for critique on my drawing skills, but rather the character design and colors as I want a suit that is eye catching and memorable. I know that the reference sheet is short, what do you expect, I'm 14, not tall at all LMAO.

It's not based off any existing species, but it's got a canine face and legs, long dragonlike ears, a lion tail and claws for hands.

It's personality is somewhat sweet and charming, and seems to be able to make screeching noises as well as bark softly. No magical abilities.

Is there anything that I could add to make it a tad bit more interesting but also at the same time matching to the theme? Eg. Wings, horns, fins, etc?

Thanks!

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Critique For Fursuit Design.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 02:17:15 PM »
It's about a character design, right, so I think it's fine where you put it, personally :P
So no worries!  But please feel free to, if you are unsure where to post topics, message a moderator to ask. We're always willing to help :)

The topic at hand, though~
You mentioned dragon-like ears. I thought that was funny. Dragons usually don't have ears *hides my own*. I thought they were more Fennec-based before I read that x3

Sounds perhaps a bit stereotypical, but perhaps you can add spikes or scales?
It really depends what direction of said theme you want to go for. You can go for horns, or antlers like what Eastern dragons more have :)
Maybe even long whiskers or such too!
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter