The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 傭兵 This Wonderful Life  (Read 5078 times)

Offline [INACTIVE]

傭兵 This Wonderful Life
« on: February 21, 2017, 04:30:11 AM »
(This is an RP I've been wanting to create for a very very long time. I've been creating the world of This Wonderful Life for two years now.)

WELCOME TO THE I.M.O
--------

2020. Tokyo, Japan.

"Money.. It's the root of all evil they say. It's said that money can turn good people into demons. It's said that it creates monsters.. Soldiers who fight for no-moral compass, they fight because they have the chance to survive a contract and are able to get that sweet cash. But... Some don't fight for the cash. Hell, I think it's the war that creates the demons. I think... They fight because it's fun. They enjoy the war. They enjoy the death. They enjoy the destruction. Mercenaries come in different sizes and shapes. Some are good, some are bad. But how do these mercenaries fund themselves? With the Cold War still going on and technology going into levels that could touch the moon itself, it's hard for them to gain a foothold. That's where we come in. The International Mercenary Organization. A continental force that is tasked with creating mercenaries, funding mercenaries, arming mercenaries, grading mercenaries and above all... Keeping them in line.

You come to me because you wish to join our organization. Maybe you're a new comer in the Merc business and need a fresh start. Maybe you're an old timer wanting to get back into the business. We don't care. We just need to know if you're ready. If so... Sign below."

STORY
---------

The year is 2020. The world is far different then ours. The nukes dropped on Japan turned it into a dystopian vaporwave esq country. The Cold War is still raging on, America and Russia continuously dropping nukes on Germany showing it's dominance towards the world. Nations are losing money because of an intercontinental depression caused by the nuclear war. They turn to the I.M.O or better known as the International Mercenary Organization. They hire Mercs to do their dirty work, all jobs are accepted.

RULES FOR THE I.M.O
-------------

All members of the I.M.O are required to read this. Breaking any of these rules in the I.M.O will be punished with either ex-communication or imprisonment in an intercontinental prison

RULE 1. No chemical warfare shall be used.
RULE 2. Nuclear weapons are prohibited.
RULE 3. Destruction of churches, schools, political leaders homes, capital buildings and I.M.O HQ/FOBs shall be destroyed or harmed.
RULE 4. Work is work. Nothing personal, if you are tasked with destroying another Mercenary unit, just know. It's not personal.
RULE 5. We are not assassins. We don't deal with the mafia, cartel or anything of the likes.
RULE 6. Working with other nation's armies is allowed.
RULE 7. Cybernetic implants and enhancements are allowed.
RULE 8. Killing anyone who is apart of the International Mercenary Committee will result in a ex-communication

RULES
---------

*Violence is permitted. But violence against other players must be okayed by both parties.
*Romance is allowed
*Keep blood and gore tamed.
*Yes. Mechs and robots are a thing. Not laser weaponry though.
*Have fun.

THE INTERNATIONAL MERCENARY COMMITTEE
------------

Each nation will have a representative who will speak at the yearly I.M.C or International Mercenary Conference.

Japan:
America:
England:
Germany:
Russia:
France:
Israel:
China:
Korea:
Austria:
Italy:
Brazil:

WHAT THE WORLD LOOKS LIKE
----------
THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU HAVE TO LOOK LIKE. THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE. FOLLOW THESE PATTERNS 

World 1-2-3-4
The People 1-2-3-4
The Mercenaries 1-2-3-4
The Cyborgs 1-2-3-4
The Robots 1-2-3-4

TEMPLATES
---------

Name:
Weaponry:
Clothing/Uniform:
Cyborg Implants/Modification: IF ANY
Bio:
Extra:

THE PDA (Map in Attachments and other options)
----

MERCENARY UNITS
----

The Laughing Fox - Nation: British - Leader: Oswald Stowe - Members: 1,900
BIO: The Laughing Fox was organized by Oswald Stowe's father Hector Stowe in the late 1980's. It's grown to be known as the most furious and dangerous Merc groups in the world. They are well known for their involvement in the Battle of Berlin during the Great Soviet Siege in 2014

Winter's Fury - Nation: Finland - Leader: NONE (Old Leader was KIA) Members: 190

BIO: Winter's Fury originated in Finland and has stayed in Finland for over fifty years, yes. They are older than the Laughing Fox, they are known for having some of the best snipers in the Merc business. They are well known for their involvement in the Battle of Warsaw during the Great Soviet Siege in 2014

Yuki No Shingun - Nation: Japan - Leader: NONE (Old Leader was KIA) Members: 10

BIO: The Yuki No Shingun are the oldest Mercenary group in all of Japan, originating back to 1761. Their numbers used to be in the 10,000's but during the Chinese Invasion in 1991 most of their forces were whipped out, then in 2014 during the Great Soviet Siege, the Russians invaded Japan and killed the rest of them. Now they scrap by with only 10 members left. It's true that the great fall sooner or later, and this elite Merc group is no exception 

Praying Mantis Corp - Nation: International - Leader: None (Old Leader was Ex-Communicated) Members: 25,000

BIO: UNKNOWN***

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:34:49 AM by MetalGearStowe »

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
傭兵 This Wonderful Life
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 04:58:39 AM »
Name: Zaida Valdis
Species: Monster
Nation: America
Weaponry: a silenced AR-15, Beretta PX4 storm, SOG knife, MMA, Her teeth and claws if she has to.
Clothing uniform: A utility uniform with a utility belt, chest armor, knee pads and combat boots. Similar to something like This~ Along with a mask, it can be a gas mask or a respirator, It also disguises her voice to a low deep growl.
Cyborg implants: None so far.
Bio: Zaida is 5'4, and weighs around 120 pounds. She may not seem like it but she is extremely patriotic for America and looks down upon other nations, however this doesn't mean she will treat other nationalities poorly... just don't bad talk about America. The monstress gets by just fine so money isn't why she's here. She fights for honor and some even say, pleasure... Even being a monster, Zaida is very good looking and fairly strong for her size and she's pretty self aware of this. She may seem intimidating towards others due to her personality, but she's pretty is calm and very kind hearted and protective towards her friends. However lose her friendship... You'll never see a greater heart turn cold.
Extra info: Prefers working alone if she works with others she's pretty antisocial, Short-Tempered, Has a mech she rarely uses.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 04:24:43 AM by Zaida »

Offline [INACTIVE]

Re: 傭兵 This Wonderful Life
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 06:34:38 AM »
Name: Oswald Stowe
Species: Human
Nation: British
Weaponry: AK47 with an ACOG sight and grip. Glock 17 pistol.
Clothing/Uniform: This
Cyborg Implants/Modification: None
Bio: Known around the Mercenary world as 'The Green Devil' Oswald is feared across the world and is known for getting the job done. No matter how bloody or brutal it gets. Not much is known about him, other than his affection for war.
Extra: Leader of the Laughing Fox Mercenary Group. Oswald is a fairly tall man, his eyes are hazel, he sports dark brown hair and a scruffy beard. He's also known for being a social person. While off duty he likes to socialize with other Mercs and help new comers learn the ropes. He's also known for making rather good traditional Japanese Ramen and English tea. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 06:43:42 AM by MetalGearStowe »

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 10:54:34 AM »
Name: Al El-Kina
Species: Wolf (actually a mix of wolf, fox, monkey and eagle.)
Nation: Japan
Weaponry: Really depends on what the situation calls for, as he isn't that picky about his weapon choices when going on missions. The weapons he carries on him at all times are 9 custom knives and two katanas (check his weapon reference)
Clothing/Uniform: Check his reference - It's a black fighting Gi with a custom belt to fit his knives
Cyborg Impants/Modification: A left eye and a brain implant which work together to amplify ocular sensory perception (he can see faster.) Can be boosted up to approx 3.5x that of a normal person, but not for too long before the mechanism creates too much heat.
Bio: Not much about Al is known besides his track record. His family - The 'El-Kina' - was widely known for being a top-class mercenary and assassin group, until someone burned them down, leaving Al as the only survivor. No one has seen him laugh, cry, or really be anything besides silently angry. Still, he's yet to fail a mission, which got his name widely known.
Extra: Is really durable due to an incredibly strong will to live. Also is smart enough to be able to dodge bullets with the use of his implants*.

*Note: We're not talking a squad of machine gunners here, we're talking one guy with a rifle.
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline AlexLion

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Sleepy Werelion
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: natural yellow -ish, darker mane
  • Height: 6'4"
  • Build: avg
  • Currently: Covered in snow
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 01:43:45 PM »
Name: Alex
Species: Lion
Nation: Russia
Weaponry: A collection of SMGs + Beretta 93R, also: bare paws, hacking tools of all sorts.
Clothing/Uniform: Whatever my contractor provides. Otherwise a black tux always works.
Cyborg Implants/Modification: none
Bio: 6'4 anthro with digitigrade legs, avg build, close to athletic, coloring: natural yellow -ish, darker mane with a few lighter strands.
Extra: Took a Chernobyl radiation hit at the age of two, nothing was ever 'usual' about this guy. Able hacker and keen driver, he worked for different Spec Ops of the Eastern Europe untill it got too hot and dirty. He's bad with most any weapon in the world, and that's the reason why he mostly 'likes' SMGs -- no matter, I gonna miss anyways. Need some cover fire?...

-Hello, comrades. Sorry, we're out of bears. *drops his gym bag on the floor*

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 08:58:06 PM »
As you all enter the main I.M.O HQ. A voice could be heard across the intercoms.

"All new comers please report to the main lobby near Med Bay."

Soldiers of all shapes and sizes were walking around, some of then we're trading weapons or food. Some were chatting with one another and some were sleeping.

Offline AlexLion

• Avid Aardvark
  • Sleepy Werelion
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 09:38:38 PM »
*Listens to the voice on the intercom*
- I think that means me. *he speaks to himself*
*Picks up his bag again and wander around before arriving at the Main Lobby, just side of Med Bay*

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 09:45:20 PM »
StandING In the lobby was a tall man in his uniform and a rather large walrus in a dark blue suit. The man was clearly the legendary Merc known as 'The Green Devil'

The walrus wrote something down on his clipboard and leaned back In his chair. Waiting quietly

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 12:03:23 AM »
As Zaida heard the announcement through the intercom she got to her feet and started to make her way through the halls. Although she didn't know her way around to much, it didn't take long to get to the lobby.

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 12:24:33 AM »
The announcement reached Al's ears while he was meditating. His eyes slowly open and he rose to a stand, making his way towards the lobby. He look anywhere besides the path that lead to his destination, sticking close to the walls.
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 12:32:19 AM »
The walrus saw Zaida walk in, he smiled and wrote something down in his check board. The man fixed his mask and kept waiting, watching the clock in the upper corner
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 01:40:14 AM by MetalGearStowe »

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
傭兵 This Wonderful Life
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 03:16:10 AM »
Zaida waited for the others to arrive in the lobby. However she didn't enjoy standing alone and twiddling her fingers, she grew impatient with things like this. "Of course they're dragging their feet, I hate waiting for people..." Zaida thought. The decision was final and she decided to approach 'The Green Devil' "I guess while we're waiting on the others, I should introduce myself... I'm Zaida Valdis, and it's an honor to meet you sir." She said respectively, extending out her arm to shake.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:17:45 AM by Zaida »

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 03:23:13 AM »
Al entered the lobby, wearing his mask. He looked around for a place to sit, or at least a wall decently away from everyone to lean on.

Reference of Alka

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 08:26:52 AM »
The man looked over and pulled the mask covering his lower face down, he extended his hand and gave a strong handshake, "Please, call me Oswald." His English accent was actually quite elegant.

The waloud cleared his throat and spoke, "Okay. This Is everyone for now. Hello, my name is Asa Akiyama. I'm the head of the I.M.O, I can already tell you'll all fit in just perfectly fine." He paused for a moment and spoke again, "Right, Oswald here or as you all know him as 'The Green Devil' will show you around and answer your questions."

The walrus straightened his tie and coughed, "Now. Any questions before we actually start?"

Offline AlexLion

• Avid Aardvark
  • Sleepy Werelion
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 08:47:29 AM »
*-That's The Green Devil. Unless somesone's playing tricks on us all. I don't know the Walrus guy though... You never know. Could be a merc. Could be military hacker like myself. Could be just a secretary*

*Approaches the Green Devil as he speaks with Zaida. Waits for an opportunity to introduce himself, takes an antique golden coin out of his tux and plays with it a bit*

*-I hacked their servers to put my CV on the primary list. See if that gets me the job. Or if they'll kill me right here instead. You never know... -throws a coin once again*