The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My go at drawing  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • If I am pretty, you are gorgeous~
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White fur, icy blue eyes
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Holla holla get dollar
My go at drawing
« on: January 24, 2017, 06:40:43 PM »
So hopefully this image upload should work. Basically I learned InkScape has a "sort of" stabilizer, so I figured it could be a decent replacement after I lost my copy of SAI.
I consider myself barely experienced with using tablets, and somewhat unskilled with artistic drawing. The picture will be my first attempt at drawing anything in InkScape (and likely my first time drawing a non-pony OC).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: My go at drawing
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 06:42:19 PM »
I like it.
Simple yet effective

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • *Sounds of crunching seashells*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Garthim
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
  • Height: 6.7ft
  • Weight: 270lbs
  • Build: Bulky and bumpy, with a top heavy build.
  • Currently: Looking for a crystal... maybe one that has a darker color.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 06:43:38 PM »
Well drawing with a tablet is a challenge for those use to the pen and paper then I don't blame you. Though I say it's not a bad start, if you want a tip. Try making your lines with tick marks and smooth them out! OuO

And trust me, stick figures made me a better artist without knowing it. Ou0
  • Avatar by: A picture from Google.
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • If I am pretty, you are gorgeous~
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White fur, icy blue eyes
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Holla holla get dollar
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 07:23:53 PM »
Well drawing with a tablet is a challenge for those use to the pen and paper then I don't blame you. Though I say it's not a bad start, if you want a tip. Try making your lines with tick marks and smooth them out! OuO

I prefer to write on paper, especially when signing documents, and for that occasion I prefer to use a pencil over a pen (savage, I know, but pencils I have way more control over, pens catch more of my hand trembling). As for drawing I honestky prefer tablet simply because of the Ctrl-Z function. I can use up to 20 attempts just on one curve because I can't get it right.
As for your tip, I stick to the format of stabilized freehand drawing over any other form because I try my damndest best to make it as much from scratch as I can (smoothing point-to-point things feels mechanized in my messy mind).

Post Merge: January 24, 2017, 08:31:16 PM
I like it.
Simple yet effective
Glad you didn't hate it.
I did it as part of trying to learn to draw again. If you have any thoughts on something I could try, feel free to let me know and I might give it a go.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:31:16 PM by Jenac Azaela, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • *Sounds of crunching seashells*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Garthim
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
  • Height: 6.7ft
  • Weight: 270lbs
  • Build: Bulky and bumpy, with a top heavy build.
  • Currently: Looking for a crystal... maybe one that has a darker color.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 08:32:47 PM »
Well then that's good you have a way that works for you!

And it's no problem that you perfer a pen. Honestly I look forward to see whatcha gonna make in the furture.
  • Avatar by: A picture from Google.
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.