The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Greetings to Planet Earth  (Read 1254 times)

Offline ~Nova~

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Your least favourite Coyote meme-boi
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Coyote
  • Coloring: Greyish blue, royal blue accents, black hair
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Frantically busy
Greetings to Planet Earth
« on: January 08, 2017, 12:05:50 PM »

Hello hello!  ^_^

My name's Alien and I have actually yet to make a fursona...yeah I'm pretty new to this, despite being an ally of the Furry community for several years now. I've always been a big fan of the clever fursuits and the amazing art and have never once understood the hate that they get, although I'm really not a fan of yiffers...but to each their own. Over the last couple of years, simple 'outsider' interest has formed into wanting to join the community. I don't see myself getting a fursuit for a while, but I'd love to get into the community and really enjoy it alongside you guys.

I joined the forum to make some friends and maybe gain a little bit of support and advice. Like I said, I don't have a fursona as such and I'm fairly new to the scene. Help would very much be appreciated. I guess, when it comes to species, I really like coyotes, black foxes, and huskies. Favourite colours are black, blue, and purple. If anyone ever has an idea for me, let me know!
I'm a sci-fi/fantasy geek from Australia with a taste for musical theatre, horror movies, and literature.
I'm an artist; traditional, digital, and graphic. I watch a lot of YouTube, particularly; Cow Chop, Yogscast Lewis & Simon, Markiplier, Cinema Snob and Nostalgia Critic, and Good Mythical Morning.
Some furries I follow are Majira Strawberry, Rainy Chaos, Blü, and Malcolm Ray (Zeke) from Channel Awesome.

Some of my favourite movies are; The Nightmare Before Christmas, Black Sheep, Dog Soldiers, Dead Ringers, and HP: Prisoner of Azkaban. I love Doctor Who and the Star Wars films, and am very big on the Skulduggery Pleasant book series (it's my Harry Potter.) I like very few animes, those being; Hellsing, Cowboy Bebop, and Fullmetal Alchemist.
I play a lot of Overwatch, WoW, Sims 4, Heroes of the Storm, Soulcalibur III, and various indie games and am in love with the Kingdom Hearts series. I can't play horror games due to anxiety/panic issues but I enjoy watching YouTubers play them as it takes a large portion of the scare factor out of it (it's the filter of having them play it, I think.)

I'm a music connoisseur and love a bit of everything from Lana Del Rey to Mindless Self Indulgence to Bo Burnham. However, I'm mostly a purveyor of alternative, metal, and rock music; ACDC, Disturbed, Rammstein, Breaking Benjamin, U2, Muse, Bauhaus, The Rolling Stones, Death Cab For Cutie, System of a Down, She Wants Revenge, My Chemical Romance (ok, they actually have some great songs), Midnight Oil, IAMX, The Eagles, Panic! At The Disco, and a guy on YouTube who makes great metal songs about video games: DAGames.
Even a lot of my favourite musicals are rock-based (Repo! The Genetic Opera, The Devil's Carnival).

I'm quite a nice and open person so don't be scared of hitting me up for a conversation. ;) 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 05:48:11 AM by AlienWithABox »
  • Avatar by: Lineart © dashfuzzietail - FA.NET
Artist // Gamer // Nerd
You can talk to me on my Twitter: @AlienWithABox

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
Re: Greetings to Planet Earth
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 12:55:54 PM »
Hey! Can you increase the size of your text so I (and possibly others) can read it easily? thanks.
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 01:03:15 PM »
Greetings! I hope you enjoy your time here on the forums. Take your time exploring the various threads, as well as forming your fursona  ^_^
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 03:44:32 PM »
Welcome!
If you need help with your fursona there are some great threads here that can really help!
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 05:28:27 PM »
Welcome to the Forums, Alien ^_^
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline Halei-Helai

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A strange thing indeed.
    • Awards
  • Species: Lahaian
  • Coloring: White with black stripes
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 125 lb
  • Build: Svelte
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 05:46:03 PM »
Greetings and welcome! I am Halei-Helai and it is good to see another new person on the forums. I hope that you enjoy your stay!
Sorcerous sage and cataloger of curiosities
---------------
Feel free to PM me. I am always up for a conversation!

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 08:35:24 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Alien ^^

If you need help with creating your fursona, when you're ready, feel free to check this topic out:
Advice: Creating a Fursona
You already have a good start going with the animals and colours you seem to like, so why don't you start from there? :) What features about the animals you mentioned do you enjoy the most? See if you can write down in a list what you are interested in and perhaps create a rough draft (written or drawn) of the character.

Seeing you mentioning the YouTubers you like to enjoy, do you ever watch CinemaSins? ^^

Anyways, pleased to meet you, and hope to see you around more :)

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 12:04:38 AM »
Nice to meet you, Alien. I look forward to talking to you.

Some furries I follow are Majira Strawberry, Rainy Chaos, Blü, and Malcolm Ray (Zeke) from Channel Awesome.

Is that the same Malcolm from a lot of Nostalgia Critic videos? I didn't realize he was a furry.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline ~Nova~

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Your least favourite Coyote meme-boi
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Coyote
  • Coloring: Greyish blue, royal blue accents, black hair
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Frantically busy
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 05:47:22 AM »
Hey! Can you increase the size of your text so I (and possibly others) can read it easily? thanks.

Yeah, sorry about that. My text box was weirding out when I was trying to type, hence the font and text.

Post Merge: January 09, 2017, 05:50:09 AM
Welcome to the forums, Alien ^^

If you need help with creating your fursona, when you're ready, feel free to check this topic out:
Advice: Creating a Fursona
You already have a good start going with the animals and colours you seem to like, so why don't you start from there? :) What features about the animals you mentioned do you enjoy the most? See if you can write down in a list what you are interested in and perhaps create a rough draft (written or drawn) of the character.

Seeing you mentioning the YouTubers you like to enjoy, do you ever watch CinemaSins? ^^

Anyways, pleased to meet you, and hope to see you around more :)

Thank you kindly for the link and advice! And yes, I have watched CinemaSins; not all the time but occasionally.

Post Merge: January 09, 2017, 05:53:00 AM
Is that the same Malcolm from a lot of Nostalgia Critic videos? I didn't realize he was a furry.
One and the same! Yeah, if you've seen Battle of the Commercials, the mascot for Tuffy Flakes in one of the skits is Malcolm dressed up in his fursuit - his fursona is named Zeke. :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 05:53:00 AM by AlienWithABox, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
  • Avatar by: Lineart © dashfuzzietail - FA.NET
Artist // Gamer // Nerd
You can talk to me on my Twitter: @AlienWithABox

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 03:39:07 PM »
Hi there, welcome to the forums. I hope you'll have a great time here.