The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Owners? Pets? What's the deal there?  (Read 3122 times)

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
Owners? Pets? What's the deal there?
« on: January 06, 2017, 02:51:58 AM »
I'm curious, what's involved in being a pet or an owner? I've seen it mentioned a lot but I don't know anything about it.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

guest22811

Re: Owners? Pets? What's the deal there?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:39:27 AM »
Need help with the same question here. Anyone?

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 09:37:58 PM »
I might not be the best here to answer, even though I have a 'pet'. Anyways, getting to the point here.

An owner-pet relationship can be on significance in many levels. For some it's just a simple cute roleplaying kind of thing. For others it's a stronger bond where one person takes the lead and the other follows. There are various degrees of it.
I personally got a pet-owner relationship with another member here a few years ago. I personally had barely any clue what to do. Neiter did they. So we just roleplayed he was a pet wolf and I was taking care of him, giving him things to drink, eat, etc.
I think the majority of the members here use it in the roleplaying-form, the playful form. If that makes sense?

Hope this answers the question :)
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 05:38:10 AM »
As someone who has some pets this is basically what I can explain from it.

First of all it is not necessarily sexual and in my case it is entirely a non-sexual thing, some people may take it there but that's not the thing WE mean when we say owner or pet in the forums sense.

An owner pet relationship mainly falls under the concept of submission and caretaking, the level of commitment or seriousness varies as Ventus said, but the concept more or less stays the same. In my case the relationship was something I took seriously, but was also very casual, I saw it like a close friendship.

The basic thing is the person who is the pet is generally charged with being cute and cheering up the owner, the owner takes a protective stance of the pet, helps the pet with his or her problems and just generally acts as a sort of mentor and protector. In exchange the pet has loyalty to the owner, and is charged with doing what you'd expect a pet to do, cheer you up, be loyal and understanding and what-not. That's how I took the pet-owner relationship, but anyone will take it different. A parallel to this is a family, some people will call their facebook friends or online friends "brothers", to signify the closeness of their relationships, a pet and owner relationship is similar but has that level of caretaking and submissiveness in it, similar to a father and son, but not quite THAT far.

It's a state of kinship, I would say above a friend but below a relationship, a pet and owner must have trust with one another and the relationship can get very intimate and affectionate.

It's a difficult thing to describe, but I hope that makes some sense.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 05:57:22 AM »
I think I understand now. Thank you!
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")