The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Story of Al  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
The Story of Al
« on: December 25, 2016, 07:34:37 AM »
Hey everyone!

I've been writing for quite some time now and have decided that I wanted to write out the backstory to one of my favourite OCs to roleplay as; Al El-Kina. I know the backstory, but had yet to fully flesh it out in a narrative style. That's what I'm doing here. This is going to be a mini-series of short reads that I will add to as often as I can feel like writing, and am totally accepting of feedback!

In order to avoid confusion as to when certain parts of the story take place, I will give a date and an age, so that everyone is clear as to when this is happening.

The first one will be posted here soon, and will be mostly backstory to my backstory. Hopefully things will pick up from there. :P
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
Re: The Story of Al
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 12:14:33 PM »
The story of Al - Part 1 - Cracked Conception.

Year: 1987

"God created creatures that would eventually come to defy him once they realised not every choice he made would bring them happiness. Should we choose to play God, we take the same risk he did. The only difference being, we're not immortal."

The room was bright. Not just because of the lights which shone from above, but because of the rows upon rows of scientists all at desks. Splicing genes together. Every one of them working hard, unaware as to what they were going to create. Sure, they knew which genes they were mixing, but the creature that would emerge from the wombs of the volunteers is a mystery. Still, they worked. The reward of a successful trial would be honor and praise. Something that the scientists, who weren't capable of fighting, didn't often receive.

The El-Kina were desperate. Never before had the clan of assassins invested so much of their resources into a cause such as this. It's not like they weren't used to inethical practices, but a project as theoretical and ambitious as this. It's fitting that they called it 'Project playing God.' Because that's exactly what they were doing.

It was about two years ago that they started this venture. Their numbers were declining significantly as less and less people were willing to join their ranks. The older assassins had passed their prime and could no longer do anything but lead the younger generation, but there wasn't much of a younger generation to lead. That is when the Research and Development (R&D) Department came up with the solution; birthing their soldiers.

The idea was great, seeing as how they had more men than women and seeing as how almost everyone was committed enough to the family to be used as a birthing tool. But, it was the flint and tinder which ignited a small flame, which would come to burn the El-Kina to the ground.

The scientists worked hard on mixing genetic information between types of fur. It started out somewhat tame; mixing fox with wolves and mixing different species of frog and lizard together. But as the mad-men grew hungry for more power, they dove into a realm of science that they should have never touched. They, in an attempt to build super-soldiers, mixed entire different kingdoms of fur together. Mammals with birds, amphibians with fish. The first successful trial was a fluke. And that generated funding for building an army of freaks-of-nature.

And that is no exaggeration. The furs that were born of this process weren’t always kept alive. Some came out with missing limbs, some with extra ones. Some came out disfigured and some didn’t even make it out of the womb. The chances of a success were low, but when they did succeed, it was worth it.

Fast forward a year or so, and you reach now. Where one scientist is going to unknowingly create one of the most fearsome mortal beings to walk the earth…
“Alright… So, we’ve mixed eagle, fox, wolf and monkey to create this one…” The lizard said as he looked down at the sperm and egg cells through a microscope. When he was done looking, he slid the specimen into a test-tube of special fluid and labelled it. “Section ‘A’, test letter ‘L’. Let’s hope you turn out a success.”

The lizard picked the test tube up and took it over to the rack of specimens, placing it beside a large amount of others, ready to be used once a woman decides she wants to be impregnated

This is how he was born. This is how the El-Kina met their downfall. This, is how our story begins…
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:46:51 PM by Dr. Alka P. Wolf »
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 01:09:08 PM »
Damn dude this is great!
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 01:26:51 PM »
I can't wait to hear more!
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 08:04:24 AM »
I've been glad to hear the positive response so far. Once again, if there is anything I could do to improve my writing, please don't be afraid to post it (but please don't be rude about it.) With that being said, here's part 2. Where things are going to start taking a darker turn. And from here... They only stoop lower...

-----------------
The story of Al - Part 2 - It lives.
Year: 1987

"What, he was born early? Bastard must really be eager to get into this shit-hole of a world."
Theatre Room 3 was once again populated by the frustrated screams of an IVF mother. Groans and yells stained with anger and pain, only made worse by the fact that this wasn't supposed to be the day for another 2 months or so. Still, Test Subject 'A-L' was coming out, and there wasn't anything anyone could do to stop him now. A female feline doctor and some nurses surrounded Mary, carrying out their various duties.

"Mary, just a little bit more and he'll be out. You must perceiver." The doctor spoke as she continued to monitor the progress. In one final push, out popped the baby, easing the pain and pressure. The baby cried as it was carried off to be cleaned and placed into intensive care. His mother, a wolf with fur whiter than snow, panted heavily but managed to get a few words out.

"Is... he...?"

The doctor smiled and shook his head. "The genetic splicing was a success so far. No physical deformities have been noted. The only weird thing about him so far, is that he was born two months early."

Mary rested her head back, letting a relieved breath out. She took a risk and it paid off. Most of the others weren't so fortunate... Not that said most of them allowed themselves to live with the humiliation.

The nurses surrounding Mary began cleaning up the area, disinfecting the floor and any exposed surfaces. "You did a good job Mary. Let’s just hope he survives to be conditioned."
Mary gave a weak nod, as her breathing normalized. "He better. Little bugger doesn't know how painful this 'birth' thing in."

The doctor chuckled and shook her head. "Alright, well, I'm going to get an orderly to take you back to your room. You rest up well. You've got a long many years ahead of you before he's ready for you to stop pretending."

"It'll be worth it."

The doctor cocked an eyebrow. "How can you tell?"

Mary closed her eyes and sighed. "I've just got a feeling. If he survives the early birth, he'll definitely be resilient."

The doctor shrugged before pressing a button to call an orderly. "Personally, I wouldn't care how tough my baby is, if I didn't want to be its mother I wouldn't do it."

Mary smiled slyly in response. "And that’s why you're a doctor, and I'm a trainer."

A boar came in to take Mary to the prepping area before sending her back to her room. The doctor shook her head as she took her gloves off and placed them into a disposal bin.

Dark times lay ahead for Al. He's going to learn fast how little faith he can put in people. He's going to have his body and mind pushed. He's going to become a killer.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:47:18 PM by Dr. Alka P. Wolf »

Reference of Alka

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 08:21:11 AM »

So, now that we've established some things for Al, here is a little bit more info.

- I'm going to refer to him by his dominant species 'wolf,' because that is the side which determined his apperance

- His full birthdate is 6/12/1987

- The quotes at the top are little extracts that people have said within his story, that I'm chosing not to directly include because they break the narrative flow.

With all that being said, I hope you enjoy the 3rd part  ^_^

Note: I do no condone, suggest or want anybody to abuse children in any form, be in physically, psychologically or spiritually. Nor do I suggest such things have happened to myself or anybody that I know of (to my own knowledge.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Story of Al - Part 3 - Breaking.

Year: 1992

"Everyone has a breaking point. Once the reach it, death no longer seems so bad."

The torture and conditioning chambers weren't very well lit. One half-decent light to light up a fairly large room. Still, it was enough to make sure that Mary knew where she was hitting. It was enough to make sure that he wasn't dying, and it was enough to make sure that she knew he was deteriorating. While it was to be the one of the worst days of his life, it was just another day for her.

The crowbar swung back again, this time hitting him square on the back, knocking him down.

"Get up." Mary said, cold and callous, not caring whatsoever for the child she was traumatising. At no response, she gently poked his arm, and at seeing him tense up, she knew he was still alive and conscious. "I'll hit harder if you don't."

At that, the wolf boy mustered what strength he could and slowly got up, shaking both from the pain and the fatigue. He'd already cried so much that he couldn't any more. He's screamed and yelled until his voice was raspy, and it hurt even to breathe. His rise wasn't very stable, and he looked like he could collapse at any second, but still, he stood.

"Face me."

Al turned and looked up at his mother, a black eye causing him to keep his left closed. His face clearly showed despair, and his right eye was wide with a dilated pupil, silently begging for even the slightest shred of mercy. But he was to be shown none. It was the moulding process deemed most effective.

Mary swung the crowbar again, hitting him in the gut. Al let out a sharp breath as all his wind escaped from him, and he doubled over, coughing up a little bit of blood. Mary sighed, knowing that she shouldn't push him any further, but believing she could. It ticked her off that she had to follow protocol. This boy... She knew something about him was special. But it just caused her to want to hit him again. One last time.

She used a foot to push him onto his back, as he gasped for air. He continued to let take small, horse breaths, just about ready to pass out. He did manage to let out one final word.

"M.... M-Mum...my...?"

Mary shook her head and hit him in the stomach again, causing him to cough up more blood and breath even harder through his sore throat and lungs. "No. You don't have a mummy. I don't love you, and neither will anyone."

Al's eyes widened with shock before he simply closed them and lay back, still barely breathing. She'd done it. He wasn't innocent any more. He didn't care any more. At this point, he just wanted to fall asleep and never wake up again. He didn't know what it was yet, but he was begging for death's sweet embrace.

"That'll be enough for tonight. Dinner will be served in an hour, and you better behave yourself until I'm back for tomorrow's session." Mary said as she took her dropped the crowbar and took her gloves off. With that, she turned to the big metal door and opened it, closing it shut behind her and locking it to prevent escape. The light remained on and Al's eyes opened again. Her words kept circling his mind. A single tear dropped from his eye and landed into a small pool of his blood, as he dragged himself over to the thing mattress he was to sleep on.

And there he lay... Waiting... As he would for the next many years to come...

There's a special kind of person that develops from those who lose their innocence before they even know what it is... People like that aren't born... They're made.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:51:44 PM by Dr. Alka P. Wolf »

Reference of Alka

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 05:26:25 PM »
 :'(
I  really want to know what happens next and also really just want to give Al a hug!
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 02:42:11 PM »
Phenomenal writing! gore without gore. I love it.

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 02:52:47 PM »
So umm... Small announcement to make that may upset some but not others. If you are keeping up with the series and do like it, this might just be a minor set back to you, but if you just wanted a casual read, this might put you off wanting to read it.

Al's backstory is very dark. The fact that he is still almost perfectly sane is astounding as a character, which is probably the reason someone like him can only exist within fiction. That being said, I can't post every single part of the story within the furry forums. The rules here are strict, and for as much as I would consider myself a mature audience, without an ID to say I am 18 (which I won't have until 1/3/2018) I can't get every bit in here.

Al's backstory, especially the climactic ending, involves lots of mature themes. This manifests as excessive gore, sexual references, drug abuse and more. All of which, I cannot feature on this site without breaking the rules.

Now, will this prevent me from writing a story? No. I will continue to write parts that I will post on here for everyone to enjoy and follow along. I will also (where do-able) make a conscious effort to make those parts as interesting and contributing to Al's character and life as those I can't post here.

For those of you who want the whole story (I will advise viewer discretion here first), you may contact me via external means to add yourself to a 'mailing' list of sorts. I will personally send you a message with those parts of the story uncensored or uncut.

And before I end off, I want to re-enforce what I put before the third part; I do not condone violence and abuse of any kind featured both within and outside that of the story, against anyone of any age. Nor am I suggesting such things have happened to myself or anybody that I know of (to my own knowledge.)

TL;DR: Can't post all of the story here because it violates the rules. Contact me via PM if you want the full version, otherwise, enjoy what I do post here.

I want to end off with a thanks to those who are reading the story. As much as I do come back to check over it and make sure that it is going in the direction I want, I doubt a majority of the views are coming from me, which makes me happy that people are reading and possibly coming back for more.

Reference of Alka

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 02:31:59 PM »

So, at this point, I feel I need to expand upon where Al is recieving education from because those that have roleplayed with him know he is fairly well educated for a killer, especially one raised in the conditions out-lined within the previous part.

Considering how he is basically their hostage, he doesn't have much to do in a day besides sit in his cell of a room. As such, they also home-teach him everything he'd need to know. This isn't just limited to fighting. He's taught every aspect of the curriculum (Australian) at his year level as well as an instrument. This continues up until year 8, in which he is taught only what would be essential to him. Any down time which isn't spent eating or sleeping is spent practising and revising because that all he has to do to fight back the boredom.

Anyway, here is this fourth part. Enjoy! :D

-----------------------
The Story of Al - Part 4 - Rebuilding

Year: 1994

"While it may hinder the conditioning process a little, should he fail to learn these things, he will become a much less useful operative. I just hope he doesn't get any ideas about us giving him that violin..."

Al sat in the same poorly lit room he was introduced to 2 years ago. He was seated on his bed with his violin in hand. It was the only comfort he could get in this place, the soft tunes that were produced by the instrument. Still sore from the torture session just an hour earlier, he attempted to practise. He closed his eyes and prepared to start playing, his bow barely touching the string before the opening of his door made him jump. Just a maid bringing him lunch and his vitamins.

They had to keep him on vitamins to ensure that his growth would be either average or above, considering how a lot of his time was spent indoors with little-to-no exposure to natural light. The maid set the tray down near the door and exited, not paying any attention to the blood on the floor or on Al, both dry and new.

Al set down his violin near his bed and slowly stood up, using the wall to lean against, gripping his side. It was especially tender today after the beating. Mary had starting hitting a bit harder, once she realised it wasn't really fazing Al anymore. Or, at least, once she realised he was faking. He limped over to the tray and slowly slid into a seating position. He regretted this as his tailbone colided with the ground, sending a wave of pain up his spine. He let a sharp breath out a groaned. Looking over to the food, it was unsurpisingly simple. A slab of unseasoned, grilled meat, some steamed vegetables, and some bread, with some water in a plastic cup to wash it down.

The wolf picked up the 5 capsules he had to take, and swallowed them dry. About half a year of eating this exact same meal has taught him that if he wasted the water on the tablets, he would have to work with the bread sucking up all ounces of moisture. After he was done with that, he slowly made his way through his meal until the plate was clean. Getting beaten until you're bruised and bleeding does work up an apitite afterall.

The words that his mother had beaten into him 2 years ago still haunted him. He curled up into a ball in his corner and in his head, he could clearly hear her voice. "You don't have a mummy." He began sweating. "I don't love you." The world suddenly grew cold and he shivered a little. "And neither will anyone." His entire body tensed up, bracing for an impact that wasn't to come. His heart pounded hard and fast, only matched by his breathing.

Out of nowhere, Al could hear a violin quietly play through empty space between the bars on his door, his ears shooting up in suprise. It was very similar to his own. The melodic tune flowed into his ears, and his eyes slowly closed on their own. And he was suddenly drifting. Not down a river, not through the stars, but through the same darkness he had come to know and accept. His breathing and heart-rate slowed down and his eyes opened, instantly locking onto his own violin.

Standing again, he slowly made his way accross his room, picking up his violin and then sitting near the door again. Knowing the song, he joined in the playing where he demed appropriate. The two, not having seen each-other or heard each-other were united by the one thing that could bring them comfort in this place; their instrument.

It didn't last very long before a loud, metallic bang on Al's door made him jump and drop his violin. It didn't break, but Al still felt a more than a little saddened. The music had stopped on both ends.

"You're ok to practise, but you know the rules about communicating. I hear more of that, and Mary gets called down again." A deep, male's voice said from behind his door.

Al sighed. It's not like he felt hopeful, hell, he was expecting something to come in and ruin the moment. But, it did make him feel like he certainly wasn't nearly as alone as the four cold walls surrounding him would lead one to believe.

"Oi! Do I have to repeat myself?"

Al's voice was soft, but definately masculine, as to be expected from someone his age. He was a bit slow to respond, but knew if he didn't it would just cause trouble for him. "No sir..."

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:28:01 PM by Dr. Alka P. Wolf »

Reference of Alka

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 03:20:22 PM »

Now, we've jumped forward 5 years in time since Al's life was pretty much routine abuse and conditioning. This chapter sees the introduction of a new important character, whom I hope you guys like, since he'll be around for a while. The first NSFP (Not Safe For Posting) chapter may be 7 or 8 depending on how things go, but yeah...

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy part 5!  :D

-----------------------
The Story of Al - Part 5 - Challenger.

Year: 1999

"The boy has grown, and the conditioning process was deemed effective. He's our tool now. All he needs is discipline and humility..."

With a heavy thud, the bear-kid hit the floor of the sparing dojo. Al stood over his defeated opponent, his fists clenched. As he pulled an arm back, preparing to make the bears face unrecognisable, he heard the voice of Mary.

"Al, stop right now. You've already beaten him."

"Afraid that I'll do so much damage you won't be able to get a few licks in yourself?" Al said, his voice starting to crack on occasion.

Mary's left eye twitched as she bared her sharp teeth. "Why you insolent little-"

An old drill monkey stopped her, placing an arm on her shoulder. "Mary... He's past that stage... Hurt him any further, and we take risk." Mary simply clenched her fists before crossing her arms, giving Al a cold death stare. It didn't faze the wolf-boy. Nothing seemed to anymore. The monkey continued talking. "Al... You've demonstrated exeptional skill... We've just one person we'd like you to go up against today..." With that, he ushured in another boy. A pure-breed orange fox. Al cocked an eyebrow.

"Not even a hybrid? That last one had bear and shark mixed into him. I doubt a purebreed can stop me." The fox frowned, saddened by Al's comment. Al simply smirked. "Especially one so easily influenced by down-talk."

The monkey gave a weak smile, knowing better than Al did. "Do not be arrogant and underestimate an opponent for any reason. It can be your downfall."

"Whatever, old man."

With that, the fox stepped into the ring, the bear having already left to be taken back to his cell. Al took his fighting stance, the fox making no movements and standing completely neutral. Al thought to himself, Is he taunting me? The monkey raised a paw and lowered it, telling the two to begin. Al, not one to play defensive, instantly moved in to attack, throwing a left hook in first.

The fox blocked, grabbing the fist and pulling Al in, before elbowing Al on the head. The wolf boy fell to the ground, not bothered by the pain. He rolled over, taking a stand before moving back into attack. He threw another punch which was again blocked, but Al didn't give the fox boy room to retaliate quite as easily, and moved his fist back before round-house kicking the fox in the side, sending the fox back a few steps. It didn't bother him though. Neither of them were bothered by pain. And neither of them were going to stop.

The sparing went on for half an hour. Half an hour of throws and punches. Half an hour of blocks and dodges. They matched each-other extremely well, and the fight had no end in sight, before they both launched an especially heavy punch. Apon collision with the opposite fist, both of them felt a cracking in their wrist, and both of them fell backwards. The two boys panted and gripped their broken wrists. The monkey sighed, secretly wanting the fox to win. "Alright boys... that's enough... This could continue for quite some time, but we know that you both match eachother blow for blow... Dinner will be a bit early for you two..."

The fox boys face lit up, while Al just stared the fox boy down. How... How could he - a filthy pure-breed - be as good as I... I was made to be better than people like him!

"Now, both of you take a stand and bow... in achnowledgement of each-others skill..."

Both of them stood up and both of them bowed. The fox boy spoke, his voice sounding very optimistic and cheery. "Thank you for the fight. It was quite fun." Al remained silent, not even looking at the foxboy as he pushed past him to get down to the cell area. The fox boy frowned again, genuinely hoping to make a friend.

While the fox may have enjoyed that fight, Al didn't at all. It didn't make sense to him why he had such a hard time against the pure-breed fox. While he was genetically predisposed to be advantagous in battle, the fox didn't have anything in his genes to work within his favour. It made Al angry. It made Al want to train harder, just to beat that fox. I'll show him... I'll make sure he doesn't even stand a chance the next time we fight.

[2 hours pass since the fight. Both Al and the boy had their wrists bandaged and they're both just sitting in their cell, awaiting dinner.]

A bang at Al's disturbed his meditation, and his head turned to the door. He was met with a familiar voice. Mary's voice. "Get up Al. From this day forth, we'll be assigning partners for all of the kids."

Al rolled his eyes, standing. "Didn't realise you were in a hurry to slow me down."

"Just come to the door, you stupid brat."

The wolf boy approached and pushed the door open, his eyes widening when he saw who his partner was. Oh you have got to be kidding me... That fox again...

The fox boy smiled before speaking. "You're going to be my partner? It'll be great training with you."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

Mary led them to the new chambers. They weren't that much different from the old one - still one shitty light and the beds were barely beds - but this time there were two beds instead of one. The two boys walked into the room, the fox boy taking the time to thank Mary before sitting down on his bed. Al just sat down, taking a deep breath out as to continue his meditation. The fox-boy lay back down, more than a little excited to finally have some non-violent contact with someone his age.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:24:55 PM by Dr. Alka P. Wolf »

Reference of Alka

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 09:48:26 AM »
So, as most may guess, the family doesn't have kids moving about the place completely naked. That being said, none of them are exactly fully clothed. They're all given plain, white underwear to do get through the day in.

I feel like I need to add that detail in, because it will make the narrative flow a bit better. Especially in this part, where observations are made of the fox's body. Observations that would be impossible if he had pants or a shirt on.
That being said, I hope you enjoy part 6, and a thank you to everyone who contributed to 100 views! Love you guys~ X3

-----------------------------
The Story of Al - Part 6 - What's in a name?

Year: 1999

"We'll let them choose their own names. Except for yours Mary. He's not getting that luxury."

Al hadn't moved for nearly half an hour. And it was beginning to bore the fox. So, he finally decided to speak first, trying to make some attempt at small-talk.

"So... I don't think we introduced ourselves."

Al's eyes slowly eased open. "Why are introductions so important? We're fighters, not speakers."

"If we're going to be partners, we should at least know each-others names." The fox stood up and walked over to Al's bed. As he moved to take a seat on it, Al gave his partner a cold death stare that made him not want to move any closer. So, he just sat on the floor. Not that there was too much of a difference either way. "My name is Damien."

Al cocked an eyebrow, thinking that Damien's name should be like his. Two letters. "Al."

"Al? Is that short for something?"

"Section A, Test Letter L."

Damien tilted his head. "Didn't they let you change yours?"

"I doubt I would even if I had the choice. It's just a name."

They both fell silent for a little bit. Looking the fox up and down, Al noted that he had a fair body, much like his. It wasn't too muscular, but definately capable. Orange fur covered almost every portion of Damien's body except for his paws, feet and the end of his tail, which were all white. What was off to Al was the distinct lack of scars Damien had on his body. Almost like he hadn't been hit by a crowbar, or whipped for doing nothing. Once again, Damien broke the silence.

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you have so many scars on you?"

Damien's surprised tone confirmed that he didn't know what was really happening. Or at least, what had happened to Al. The wolf boy opened his mouth to respond, but jolted as the memories came flooding back again. Chain after chain. Beating after beating. Only to be nursed, fed, taught and have it happen again. Al began to sweat and breathe heavily. "Is everything alright?" The fox boy said, genuinely concerned. To Al, the voice sounded distorted. Demonic. The clanging of metal kept ringing in his ear. His scars began to feel itchy and he grew tense. Her laughs. Her maniacle laughter echoed through his mind. Followed by her words. "Never-Never-You don't have a mummy-neither will-I don't love you-anyone-Never..." Al curled up into ball, his head throbbing.

Damien didn't know what was happening, and so decided to do what his care-takers would do for him when he was sad. He slowly moved closer to Al and gently placed a paw on his head. Al jumped at this, causing Damien to quickly retract his paw, but once he saw Al ease a little, he placed it back down. "There, there... Everything is alright..." He said, not entirely sure as to whether or not it was doing anything. He ran his paw through Al's hair, gently scratching at his scalp, getting behind the ears and everywhere a wolf could want to be pet.

Al himself didn't quite understand it at first. But it was calming. And soothing. And the first sign of affection or caring anyone had really given him. So, Al didn't object to it. He just let the petting slowly return him to a calm state, as all the uncomfortable feelings and thoughts drifted away. Eventually, his breathing returned to normal, and he stopped sweating.

"There. That better?"

Al's voice was extremely quiet, as he hadn't quite felt so vulnreable in-front of anyone besides Mary before. "Y-Yes..."

Damien frowned as he slowly retracted his paw. He thought to himself, Who would do such a thing to him? Surely, he hasn't lived long enough to deserve being hurt like this...

The two stayed like that for a while, before dinner was brought to them. Moreso because Al would stop Damien every time he'd attempt to move back to his own bed, but wouldn't make any conversation at all. He sort of just wanted Damien to be close to him. Once dinner was brought, they asked Damien to move back to his bed and eat, and knowing full well it wouldn't get him anywhere, Al didn't object. He allowed it to happen, knowing that Damien would return to his side on his own.

Am I... Do I have a friend...? The wolf boy thought to himself as he dry swallowed his vitamins. A small smile crossed his lips, and Damien - who had noticed the smile - smiled in return.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:43:25 AM by Dr. Alka P. Wolf »

Reference of Alka

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 08:17:42 AM »
Sorry for my lack of updating as of late. I was drafting up ideas for where I'd like the mini-series to go, as well as festering up inspiration and motivation. I'll be releasing the first PM-only one not too long after this one and will hopefully be moving to weekly releases (more-so due to school pressures than anything else.)

Decided to split this one up to allow me time to fully right up the fight sequence
-------------

The Story of Al - Part 7 - Teamwork (I)

Year: 2002

"Now, we'll organise them into units and begin sending them out on missions with an accompanying adult. Lets see if they perform out on the field as they do in training."

Bang! The sound of a Desert Eagle being fired echoed through the firing range. Smoke trailed through the barrel as the last bullet was emptied from the revolver into the target. And with that, he was finally killed. Two shots to the knee, two shots to the elbows, one to the gut and one to the head not too long after. The El-Kina weren't too fond of being forced to bring in live targets for practise, but it helped desensitise the kids. Blood covered the back wall as well as the floor beneath the target, and some of the younger kids which were watching the demonstration nodded in response to the precision of the person firing the weapon.

Al took off the earmuffs, turned the safety on the pistol and placed it down on the table in front of him, before giving his arms a small shake. "Well done Al. That'll be enough for today. Report to the meeting area for team assignment." A voice said through a speaker built in to the roof. Al nodded to himself as he re-adjusted his gloves and rolled his shoulder, moving to the door. The El-Kina compound was quite large an extensive. It had a medical bay, many rooms for education, a dojo, a large firing range, underground cells for multiple stories as well as plenty large torture chambers - and those were just the key features. It was almost a wonder how it was never found by any police, or intelligence officers. Al didn't ponder that too long before he was interupted by a paw on his shoulder, and a familiar voice.

"How'd you do today on the range?" Damien said with a hint of excitement in his voice, walking casually beside Al through the hallways.

"Don't think I did too badly. The kids seemed to like it. Unlike the poor bastard I shot."

"Was that sympathy I heard in your voice?"

Al snickered. "Get real. Can't remember the last time I felt bad for shooting someone like that. Would've been a two years ago or something."

Damien nodded. "How about the eye? Does it feel weird or something? They're not giving implants to just everybody you know."

Al cocked an eyebrow. "And how do you know that?"

"I have my ways. Anyway, the eye."

"Not using it too much. I mean, it does work extremely well and helps a lot in those tense situations, but I'm not relying on it any time soon."

Damien gave another nod. "Still though... Wonder why they're bothering with implants. Do they want to make their super-soldiers just that bit more super or something?"

"I don't know, and frankly, I don't care. Learned to stop asking questions a long time ago."

It wasn't long before they reached the meeting area. A bunch of the kids within their age group stood with their partners. They were all relatively silent, minus a few words sent to a partner here and there. Al and Damien stood at the back and eventually, the same monkey took the stage.

"You've all been assigned teams and will begin sharing living quaters together. Some teams will be larger than others, and some teams may just consist of a partnership. Dinner will also be slightly early today." The monkey said before he began going on about how the teams would work and how in time they'd begin going on missions and assignments outside of the compound. He went on for half an hour, before he dismissed everyone besides Al, Damien and another two kids.

He stepped down from the stage to speak to the four. "Right. You four represent the best operating partnerships we have. And now, we want to know which one is better. You're to report to the dojo in another half an hour for sparring. Dismissed."

The four walked off to the rooms, talking between each-other about possible strategies and movements they could implement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Half an hour passes of not much commotion or movement~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The same four kids assembled in the dojo on opposite sides. On one side, Al and Damien stood in a neutral position. On the opposite side, a wolf hybrid and eagle hybrid stood, taking offensive stances.

Al and Damien locked hands and closed their eyes, synchronizing their breathing. After a few seconds like this, their eyes opened. The monkey raised both eye-brows, not thinking that they would go all-out from the very beginning. It seemed they wanted the victory very badly. The monkey raised a paw straight up before sharply lowering it to a 90 degree position to signal a beginning.

Both sides moved forward to attack their opponents.

Reference of Alka

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »

This is the longest one for a while now. Hope it was worth the wait. I also hope I didn't go overboard on some of the more blood intensive parts.

This part in particular should really get across just how broken Al's mind is, and hopefully allow the reader to grow a little respect for the fact that he is able to keep it under control most of the time. Maybe even a little bit of sympathy.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this, and thanks again for reading

-------------------
The Story of Al - Part 8 - Killer

Year: 2002

"He's growing strong. They both are..."

The first strike came from Al, colliding with the rib-cage of the eagle, sending him back a few steps.

They had already faught for 10 minutes, and both sides were becoming more and more tired and sore. The fight had so far been a flurry of punches and kicks, each side blocking them with lightning-fast reflexes. Al had yet to use his left eye, sticking to his guns for now. He didn't see a point to it, since this was supposed to be a demonstration of skill.

Al spat at the ground before running forward to engage the other wolf hybrid. He had to come out on top in this congestion.

Left hook, left block; Right knee, deflection; it was just a mash of fist after fist and kick after kick. It could be anyone game, as both parties refused to let up. That was until Al heard the eagle get Damien into a headlock, choking him. Al briefly turned his head, trying to come up with a way to free his friend.

The brief distraction provided Al's opponent enough opportunity to land a solid blow. One that he thought would put Al out of the fight.

Al took a sharp breath in as he felt it. Steel. Penerating into him. Into his gut. The metal was oddly warm. But that didn't stop it. The pain. The suprising lack of it, in conjunction with the memory of worse ones. Damien's eyes widened with shock, and the eagle let go of him, giving the same expression. The monkey simply smirked, thinking that Al deserved it for showing compassion in the heat of battle.

Al's mind began to flood and the world began to turn red. Red like blood. Sweet, sweet blood. Like the blood coming from him. His breathing began to pick up. The wolf boy pushed the blade deeper. That was his implant. A knife into the palm of his hand. He smiled softly thinking One down. Now for his partner.

Suddenly, Al placed a tight grip onto the wolf boy's wrist, bringing a jump and a suprised look from him. Al began to chuckle softly, grinning like a mad-man. Grinning like his mother. Chuckling like his mother. The wolf boy's expression turned from suprise to fear. He didn't understand what Al was thinking. What he had been through. Sure, a majority of the others, including Al's opponents had their fair share of beatings, but nothing like Al.

Without warning, Al launched a heavy fist right into the wolf-boys nose, shattering it, following it up by forcing the boys elbow too far inwards, breaking the arm. His opponent let out a yelp, as Al removed the blade from his gut and proceeded to force the wolf boy to the ground. Moving at incredible speed, Al didn't hesitate to destroy the shoulder of the same arm, causing the wolf-boy to tap the ground, indicating defeat. Al didn't care. Much like Mary didn't.

He wasn't going to stop. Turning the boy onto his stomach he jumped and planted both feet solidly into his gut, causing his opponent to lose all of his air and nearly choke on the blood he was trying to cough up. Al then grabbed the wrecked-boy by the throat and brought him close.

"M...M...Mercy..." He barely managed to let out. But Al had none. Al had nothing but anger. Pure, uncensored hatred and resentment for the world around him. The world which had foresaken him.

"You've done enough!" The eagle boy called out. Al couldn't hear him. All he could hear was her. Her wicked laughter. Her destructive tone, and her soul-crushing words. And with that, Al began to let loose onto his opponents face. Punch, after punch, after punch, laughing manniacly all the while. Blood trickled from the wolf boy's face as he quickly lost consciousness. This still was not enough to make Al stop.

The eagle dashed to save what was left of his partner, but Al heard the heaviness of his stomps and predicted his attack, using the blade from the eagle's partner to slash at him where it would kill. Without a second to react properly, the eagle took the hit. And collapsed. He wasn't getting up. That time, the blade had landed a kill. Al's breathing was still heavy, and he was still bleeding quite a bit.

"ARE YOU PROUD OF ME NOW!?" He shouted as he once again punched the wolf boys face, finally destroying the last of the front of his skull, before letting him hit the ground, seeing he could no longer get a reaction. "DO YOUUUUUUU LOVE ME YET?!"

Damien was just watching, on his knees, paw on mouth. The monkey wasn't so much different, except he was standing.

You'll make them love you... They'll all love you... And then she'll see... And then she will too... He thought, panting from how his outburst had gone so far.

Damien slowly came to a stand and softly spoke. "Al..."

Al's face jerked in Damien's direction. Al's world was stained crimson. Everywhere he looked that what he would see. The expression he had on his face was suprisingly more scared than anything else.

His partned was careful in his approach, knowing he was treading on a mine-field. One wrong step, and the explosion would surely put him in as bad of a spot as the two who just went up against him. "Al... It's me... Damien..."

"Damien, stay back! He'll kill you too!" When Al turned his face to the monkey, he stopped speaking.

Damien continued to slowly approach. Taking his steps tentatively. Making sure they were soft. Making sure he wasn't tense or otherwise a threat. "Al... Listen to my voice... I'm here for you... Don't be scared..."

Al shook his head violently, gripping his scalp and digging into it a little with his nails. "N-Nonono-S-She... No one... NO ONE for me... NO ONE!" Al's voice would dip in and out of yelling. He speach was incoherent, shattered into as many pieces as his mind.

"That's not true... I know what she said... But you have to listen to me Al... I don't want to hurt you..."

Al's breathing was still sharp and heavy, but he was listening. "N-Not...Truth is not...? She said... no truth...?"

"Yes... Yes, that's right... Just calm down... I'm here..."

Damien was now within arms reach of Al. He couldn't help but be a little tense. A little ready for Al to pull a 180 and break every bone in his body. "I'm here for you, friend..." He said as he slowly put his arms around Al, who was standing somewhat straight.

Al body was extremely hot, and he was shaking like his skin was about to abandon him. But he slowly put his arms around Damien, occasionally retracting them just in case. Eventually, they were both embraced in a hug and Al's breathing began to calm down.

His world return to it's normal colours, no longer looking like a scene from 'Saw'. His mind began to clear of his mother. Of her words, of her laughs. Of the pain she inflicted onto him. He soon stopped shaking as well and began breathing heavily over fatigue. "Damien... I-"

"Shhh... Just, focus on recovering for now. We've got to get you to the surgeons..."

Al looked around at the bloody mess he made of the two, and couldn't help but feel even just a little bit of shame...

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:39:54 AM by Dr. Alka Wolf »

Reference of Alka

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 05:15:33 PM »
Holy heck that was serious! Amazing right though, you were on point with that burst of anger.