The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Story of Al  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
Re: The Story of Al
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 07:13:24 AM »
Hello guys!

So, for those of you who are watching in anticipation for another addition to the story (if there is anyone who is :P), I'm very sorry for the lack of updates. Life has been a little hard on me recently, resulting in frequent hospital visits and even more frequent test and assignment dates. I haven't had much time to really sit down and work on the next part. So, instead, I'll update you on where the story is going.

The first portion of the story is slowly coming to a close. Al is steadily reaching adulthood and maturity, and once the first climax hits, the first portion of his backstory will be over. I anticipate 2 to three more parts before this happens.

I've decided not to work on any of the NSFP (not safe for posting) portions because they feel like unnatural and too brutal. They don't add much depth I feel, and aren't necessary to appreciate the story to it's fullest, which is what they were intended for in the first place.

Once the first segment gets done, I'm going to begin the second segment, which will hopefully be just as good as the last. It'll have a new name, but will still be posted here! For as much as I want to expand on what this will involve, I can't do so without spoiling the (hopefully) soon-to-come ending. So, you'll just have to wait :3.

Again, sorry for those who are waiting on a new post. I'll try to get it done soon. With the holidays coming up, I will have plenty of time to write, so hopefully I'll be able to wrap the first portion up then!
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
Re: The Story of Al
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 09:29:10 AM »

Having no better way to introduce the name of 'The Monkey,' I'm going to tell it to everyone here, just so I can stop calling him 'The Monkey.' His name is Son (yes, yes, very original Alka. A monkey named Son.)

Also, it is in this chapter that it becomes really apparent what Al and Damien's relationship. If you're not a fan of homosexuality, go ahead and imagine that they're just extremely close friends :).

--------------
The Story of Al - Part 9 - Love gained...

Year 2005

"Damien has been asking lots of questions recently... This may become cumbersome at some point... Best we deal of it, regardless of Al's capability."

Bang.

The chambers of the training grounds echoed with the loud sound of a gunshot. Live rounds. Quite a few people were watching, most notibly those from the R&D department, which were taking down notes. Those which were just watching were in awe.

Bang.

The second bullet fired, proving that it wasn't a fluke the first time. Some of the other high ranking partnerships whispered between each other. Mary and Son watched on, a little suprised at what was happening.

Bang.

The last bullet fired from the magnum, once again solidifying that it wasn't luck either of the two times before it.

Al's eye returned to being blue and he took a deep breath out, having successfully dodged all three bullets. Damien was watching from the sidelines, smiling at his partners achievement. It wasn't every day that someone was capable of dodging bullets, especially from a hand-cannon. Al bowed to the watchers before looking to the exit. After recieving the 'Ok' from Son, Al and Damien both proceeded to the exit, and began walking to their chambers. Unsuprisingly, Damien was the first to speak.

"Wow! That was amazing Al!" Damien said, obviously astounded.

"You don't have to make it sound s-"

"You shut your dirty mouth. How many other people can dodge bullets? Desert eagles have a muzzle velocity of 470 meters per second, for peats sake!"

Al stopped and looked at Damien, a little concerned. "Do you honestly think I'm simply moving fast enough to out-speed the bullet?"

"Well... what other explanation is there?"

Al sighed and kept walking. "No one can move that fast. See, the eye isn't just good for slowing down what I see. It's also great for being able to pick up on fine details. I'm not beating the bullet to the wound, I'm beating the gun-man to the trigger."

"Still, you'd need to be able to calculate where the bullet is going to go. It only takes a fraction of a second to pull back the trigger. Doing the math that fast is insane."

"I could explain it to you, but I doubt you'd listen through the whole thing."

"At least you know your audience well Al."

They both smiled and locked paws. Damien looked over at Al as they walked. "How are the memories?"

"I'm never going to forget what she did to me. But, you make it easier to manage."

"I try."

"I don't think I'll ever be able to show you just how much you've helped. I'd probably have been killed for being too unstable by now if it wasn't for you."

Damien blushed a little, still smiling. They both continued walking in silence, not taking much longer to arrive at their chambers. Now that they were old enough, their chambers had a proper bed. Al and Damien only ever used one of them however, choosing to remain close at night. Plopping onto the bed, Damien laid back and stretched a little. Today was a long day of work. Soon, they'd be off on missions on their own. It kind of excited him. Al sat down beside him, looking a little bit disturbed, keeping his gaze straight. Damien sat up and placed a paw onto Al's shoulder. "What's wro-"

"If you keep up your act, they'll kill you."

Both of them stayed dead silent for a few minutes.

"Al..."

"Damien, we aren't kids anymore. Not that that would stop them."

"That's exactly why I'm doing what I'm doing. They're monsters, torturing kids like you and the others. I got off extremely lucky, and I'm going to take advantage of that."

Al jerked his head around to Damien, tears beginning to well up in his eyes. "Your luck is going to run out Damien. They're not monitoring us right now, but soon they'll find out that you're not just asking those questions and trying to get involved were you shouldn't. And then what?"

"And then, we'll get out. You and me. We'll leave and never return. We may be on the run for a while, but eventually all this will stop."

"Damien... I'm not sure I'm ready to do that..."

"What?"

"Lead a 'normal' life..."

Silence once again broke the conversation up.

"Violence and murder is all I know Damien... Ever since I was 5. I got beaten till I coughed up - or vomited - blood. The only thing I know that I can't use against people is music... And even then, they taught us how loud it has to be to kill someone."

"Then we'll just be musicians!"

Al sighed. "You're too optimistic for your own good, you know that?"

Damien chuckled and planted a kiss on Al's cheek. "Yeah, and you love me for it."

Al couldn't help but crack a smile and wipe the tear from his eyes. His stomach was still a bit sick from thinking of a life without his partner. With Damien laying beside him however, he could sleep through anything...

If only he knew... If only he knew of what was to come... Maybe he would've had a harder time sleeping... Like he should be.
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia