The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rogue One  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Rogue One
« on: December 21, 2016, 11:32:01 AM »
So I watched the movie on the first day as soon as I could in the cinema XD (Last weeek, 14th of December.)
Because I didn't go to the first screening, I thought just regular people would go. With that I mean... Let's just say I didn't relaly expect the 501st Garrison to be there (largest fan-based group of Star Wars, there was also a few frames in Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens showing their emblem, acknowledging their fan-base).
But there were quite a few of them.
Some just wearing patches on their jacket or whatnot, but also a few people fully costumed.
One Storm Trooper, one Snow Trooper, and one Scout Trooper. Yup ^_^

ANYWAYS, back to the movie at hand, anyone watched it?
And what did you think of it?

Remember, especially now since it's a new movie, to put spoilers in the spoiler tags.

Code: [Select]
[spoiler] Write your spoilers like so! :D [/spoiler]
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
Re: Rogue One
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 07:42:44 PM »
I liked it a lot, almost as much as Force Awakens. I would have liked to get to know the characters a little better, but I liked them anyway, the story was good, and the action was very good. I liked that there were a lot of references and tie-ins to the original trilogy, but that they didn't intrude on the story, for the most part.

One specific thing I loved is that this movie made Darth Vader awesome again, after the Lucas prequels turned him into a whiny brat.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 11:23:00 PM »
I thought it was great, I never seemed disappointed in the Star Wars movie series. I watched them all not too long ago to refresh my memory.

I've always been for the imperial empire, so I was pretty excited seeing you-know-who! Even my dad (A huge nerd for Star Wars) was pretty excited and happy watching Rogue One.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 10:02:46 AM »
I just want to point out my favourite character from the movie is K-2SO :3

Spoiler for Hidden:
I don't agree ALL THE (main) CHARACTERS DIE AT THE END ._.

I understand they don't seem to reappear in any of the existing movies, but... Ehhhh.
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 11:10:20 AM »
I really liked it! I loved the amount of references to the expanded universe and such, and Vader being there was the best for me. I think I liked it more then Force Awakens.
Spoiler for Hidden:
I really loved how everyone dies at the end but I think the script and editing lacked treatment.
Treatment- showing it to other people to see what they think and having looks over the entire thing and removing all unnecessary scenes
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 04:03:18 PM »
I rather enjoyed Rogue One.  I understand people's criticisms of it too, but I went in with a spirit of forgiveness though I guess.  I would have liked some more time to get to know the characters but I liked them well enough and so it wasn't like I was so uninvested in them that it robbed the action sequences of emotion etc.  I have no doubt that the massive reshoots had an effect and scenes which may have fleshed out characters more were lost at the expense of reworking everything.  Really, I would have rathered they delayed the release to allow for more of a chance to polish things up but Disney were never going to allow that.  So I give a pass to things i would otherwise be disappointed by.  To give an example the score by Michael Giacchino wasn't up to the standard I'm used to.  But since he took over at the last minute and only had 4.5 weeks to write it, I couldn't praise his efforts highly enough.  It is a work of amazing artistry to do so well so fast.

One thing people have a real issue about:
Spoiler for Hidden:
So much complaint over CGI Tarkin and Leia!  Basically there's a lot of "Oh my god, so obviously fake, took me out of the film.  Definite case of Uncanny Valley".  Obviously I knew they weren't real actors just because Peter Cushing was dead and Carrie Fisher had aged, but they looked OK to me.  Leia was a bit weird and creepy but for 10 seconds it was OK.  My kids who didn't know they were CGI were surprised when I told them afterwards.  So if it looked fake and wrecked it for people I totally get it and sympathise but count myself lucky that it didn't weird me out.

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Most Online
  • Earlier known as Ulvus Lumia
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Brown fox
  • Coloring: Brown, dark brown, grey, beige
  • Height: 1m 73cm (5'8&quot;)
  • Weight: 53 kg. (117 lb.)
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: *Browsing memes*
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 05:53:24 PM »

One thing people have a real issue about:
Spoiler for Hidden:
So much complaint over CGI Tarkin and Leia!  Basically there's a lot of "Oh my god, so obviously fake, took me out of the film.  Definite case of Uncanny Valley".  Obviously I knew they weren't real actors just because Peter Cushing was dead and Carrie Fisher had aged, but they looked OK to me.  Leia was a bit weird and creepy but for 10 seconds it was OK.  My kids who didn't know they were CGI were surprised when I told them afterwards.  So if it looked fake and wrecked it for people I totally get it and sympathise but count myself lucky that it didn't weird me out.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I really don't get why people hated those scenes so much. I didn't even realise it was CGI at first, until 1 second later, and my brain put two and two together. It was just so realistic in my eyes. Then again, it might bother some people, but it didn't bother me, at all. I actually found the last scene really awesome.[/size]

Please check out my DeviantArt page!
I would greatly appreciate it.

Reference sheet by myself!

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 06:23:56 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I mean I get what people say. I saw it immidietly about Leia but now but for Tarkin it took me a good chunk of the film to remmember the actor is dead
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 06:43:27 PM »
I might add two things my cubs said.  When the title card came up saying Rogue One, my son turned to me and said "it's not the same".  And it's true, it wasn't the regular log and wasn't the regular theme.  It just wasn't "the same".  We both got over it quick enough, but there is a little bubble that bursts at those sort of differences.

Also
Spoiler for Hidden:
my daughter suggested that Tarkin looks fake in New Hope.  Meaning he has such crazy cheekbones and features he really doesn't look 100% human XD  and you know, she's right I guess. So maybe they did TOO good a job?

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 07:18:21 PM »
I might add two things my cubs said.  When the title card came up saying Rogue One, my son turned to me and said "it's not the same".  And it's true, it wasn't the regular log and wasn't the regular theme.  It just wasn't "the same".  We both got over it quick enough, but there is a little bubble that bursts at those sort of differences.
I went to see it again with my wife yesterday (her first time), and she gave me a confused look when the movie just suddenly started with no fanfare or opening crawl. I suspect we'll get used to it as they make more "anthology" movies though.

Also
Spoiler for Hidden:
my daughter suggested that Tarkin looks fake in New Hope.  Meaning he has such crazy cheekbones and features he really doesn't look 100% human XD  and you know, she's right I guess. So maybe they did TOO good a job?
That's pretty funny.

Watching it this time I got unexpectedly emotional during a certain cameo at the end.  :'(
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")