The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: experiencing weird stuff (any idea what this could be?)  (Read 3899 times)

Offline Dadison

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Settling into yet another forum
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 180 lbs (it's not fat weight, okay?)
  • Build: Athletic, healthy
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Currently dying due to brain loss
experiencing weird stuff (any idea what this could be?)
« on: November 02, 2016, 11:13:59 PM »

I don't consider myself an otherkin, but... I feel as though this should be posted here.
My superstitious friend says I'm a wolf. (Which confused me, until I learned about otherkin)

Last month I felt normal, but this month has been crazy. I woke up the other week feeling super sore, like I did some hardcore excersize and pulled many muscles. (I mean, that's normal, but this was more... Unusual feeling) like, my bones were sore, including my teeth. My teeth. I don't understand this.
Ive had dreams of running around, too. Probably irrelevant though, since dreams are just linked to thoughts. Weirdest part is that on Halloween night I felt super weak and tired, which is odd, since I'm normally super awake and energetic.
My sense of smell and hearing seems to be better, too. Probably just sinuses clearing up.

To be honest, it could be just my new medication, although these aren't the listed side effects. Though, these weird feelings could be not linked in any way, and I'm just acting weird.

I just feel kind of curious about what others think I guess. In that case, I hope to get feedback on this weird... Idk what to call this... Weird illness?

*obsessively checks comment section* I have problems
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:02:44 AM by Dadison »
Sasquatch is my daddy

For those who are confused by my character's name, it's pronounced "day-deh-son" *gets triggered*
Jk

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: experiencing weird stuff (any idea what this could be?)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 01:03:27 PM »
It could be Therian (or Otherkin) effects, but it's not unlikely it could also be the medication. Just because it's not listed as side-effects, doesn't mean that you still can't get other side-effects. Those side-effects are just the most common. Usually this is stated when they list the side-effects.

Now on to the Therian part. First: Not sure if you know of the difference, but Therian is more referencing animals and creatures which are 'real' or considered real today. Such as wolves, foxes, tigers, rats, birds, etc.
Otherkin is referencing all kinds of other creatures: Mythological creatures, dragons, fairies, aliens, manticores, etc.
That seems to be the main difference :)

If you don't consider yourself a therian/otherkin I wouldn't worry about it. Especially if you don't have an interest in it. If you do think there might be a chance, well, I would try a few things. Not sure what the medication is for, but I would see if you still experience these things if you don't take the medication. However, like I said, I don't know why you're taking them in for (and I don't need to know :)) but it's just something I would do if I was in such a position.
I was taking some pills a long time ago, I even was taking them in for quite a while, but then I started having nasty side-effects (infections). Never had those before in the previous years to that. Whatever I would do to try to get rid of it (like antibiotics etc. which should have helped), it wouldn't work. I decided to experiment and stop with taking those pills. And as soon as I did that I never got those infections again.
It's not listed as a side-effect, but I couldn't get rid of those effects for nearly a year, and that while I've been taking it fine for years before.
Luckily it wasn't something that I needed to keep on surviving, so I could easily do that. If this all makes sense.

Most often meditation helps people connect to their spirit animal or their inner soul. Meditation can take practice. For some it's easy, but hard for others. To me it's not just sitting down and closing my eyes. I need to be in a calm state of mind, and have time for myself to meditate.
It took me a while to get from simply closing my eyes and seeing the inside of my eyelids, to actually being able to see/imagine something. Now I have loads of imagination, but it was hard to actually imagine something when meditating at first. So yeah xD

To be fair, humans are animals. We tend to categorise ourselves as if we are something else, but we're not. We have animal characteristics. Whether therian/otherkin or not, we do already have certain traits like animals do.
Heck, we even compare animal behaviour to our own. We're really not as different from other species as we like to think.

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 07:02:26 PM »
As Ventus said, it could be a minor side effect, maybe causing a less restful sleep, with motion, teeth grinding, etc. IF you can stop the med's without other issues (also do not need to know what or why), then that should tell you if it's the casuse.

I, however, am Wolf Therian, and still very new to the realization. I've known for years there was another side to me, but recent events brought the wolf back to the surface and allowed me to learn what was going on. Some Native American tribes had names for Men, Women, and for dual spirits.

To be connected to another spirit is ... interesting...
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Augmented Fox
  • Coloring: Red fox pattern, neon green hair, Augmented arms, augmented eyes
  • Height: A little taller than usual
  • Build: Medium
  • Currently: Lurking
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »
Okay, so I read through this post and it sent a shiver down my spine. I've been having the exact same symptoms from... I'd say a few days prior and up until yesterday evening. I haven't added anything to my diet nor have I taken new meds and I got hit with something similar.

I know its Woo-woo-y, but still. Thought I'd share

Offline Dadison

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 09:41:28 PM »
I actually don't take the medication during the weekends, since it's only for ADD, and don't need them then. I still feel weird things over the weekends. I'm not sure what is happening.
Sometimes I wake up with bruises, though they're not too serious. Usually I get them on the palms of my hands (That could be my trumpet just making my hand look weird, I guess).
I don't believe I sleep walk, but my roommate says she hears some odd things every so often.
And the teeth grinding thing, I don't get the usual jaw pain and locking after waking up in the morning. Idk.

This morning I talking to my friend who says I could possibly be wolf, and she said that I should look up this thing called (Well, if I'm spelling it correctly) lycanthropy or something (I don't have enough time to look it up rn, since I'm writing an article for school). I haven't gotten to doing that yet, but it sounds kinda like therianthropy (or however you spell it).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:44:08 PM by Dadison »
Sasquatch is my daddy

For those who are confused by my character's name, it's pronounced "day-deh-son" *gets triggered*
Jk

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 10:25:38 PM »
Lycanthropes is often used to describe werewolves in mythology. They're shapeshifters who can turn into a wolf under certain conditions or at will, depending on the story. However, therianthropy is the feeling or belief that you are in part animal. In that sense you can use lycanthropy as the feeling or belief that you are in part wolf. Most therians agree physical shifts are not possible.

Stopping in the weekends might not be enough to subside this if it is a side effect. Some side effects can linger for quite some time. If you want to know, I suggest stopping for a couple of weeks. Be careful with that though. I'm not sure what influence the medicines have on your behaviour. However, it's not uncommon that you discover your therianthropy at your age.

Offline Dadison

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 11:30:03 PM »
Yeah, it could be nothing. I doubt werewolves exist lmao (it would be cool to be one though), and I don't believe myself to be a Therian or otherkin, since I have no mysterious connection to any animal I've met so far. I also may have lied about taking it only during the week. I kinda began to skip it this week because of what I thought of as side effects. And then came the weird illness on Monday and Tuesday. The weird stuff actually stopped then. I'm starting to feel it come back, though (Why I kinda posted this). But it's side effects could last a while *shrugs*.
Just been curious. Again, most likely nothing. (But that really doesn't explain the weird bruises)
Sasquatch is my daddy

Jk

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 09:36:10 PM »
Dadison,
 Just wondering how things have been going this month? Any ongoing issues, etc, or did they pretty much go away?

Offline Dadison

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 03:24:51 AM »
I've had the same exact things happen, and I'm not sure what is going on.
Sasquatch is my daddy

Jk

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 06:25:00 PM »
Hope you can figure it out and learn to control... not knowing can be the worst.