The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Michen's drawings V2  (Read 14612 times)

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
Re: Michen's drawings V2
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2018, 02:14:51 PM »
It looks pretty good! Not many details but it's well polished. Has great depth to it too.
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2018, 06:03:45 PM »
That was what I was going for! I wanted to prevent this from happening... I think I did.

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2018, 04:17:07 AM »
All aboard!  Looking so good.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2019, 02:34:45 PM »

Yes, I'm still drawing!

I've been busy with a lot in the past, especially with setting up stuff for Twitch. Nevertheless, I'm now back to drawing a little bit after everything and this is the first thing I finished in a long time. Don't worry, there's more to come soon. Either way, I like making greyscale drawings for some reason. I dunno, just a preference.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2019, 02:36:50 PM »
Looks pretty good. Lots of detail, perspective is fine.
Can't wait to see more

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2019, 09:54:39 AM »

Yay, I uploaded something again!

It's a city. Factories in the background, houses out in the front. I... have no idea what that thing in the middle is supposed to be. Let me know what your thoughts are.

For the houses, I played around with pencils of different hardnesses. I think it created a rather interesting city design, seeing how the houses contrast from each other. So I like the effect. I might want to keep that little drawing trick in mind, as it's actually very easy to execute. It just took so long to fill everything!

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2019, 09:59:47 AM »
I like how the houses look. You did a good job Ruth those.

And clearly it's a city hall with a clock in the middle

Why is the sky red though?

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2019, 10:58:51 AM »
Because I was planning it to be morning, but with the sun not fully up yet. Imagine it hiding behind the factories.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2019, 11:00:41 AM »
Makes sense. Though I think it could use a bit of gradient to show that. Have a part of the sky brighter and then getting darker the further it is from the sun.
It's really uniform now is all. Still good.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2019, 02:02:31 PM »

Quite possibly one of my faster drawings, despite the long time in-between uploads. Made with higher quality colouring pencils, not the kind meant for little kids where the point breaks off easily. You know, the ones I used up to now. I'm happy with the results!

I don't really have much else to say about it. It should speak for itself, methinks.

Offline John Red Beard

• Local Moderator
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2019, 04:34:31 PM »
Looks very relaxing to me.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2019, 11:39:02 AM »

It took a while and quite a bit of effort to finish this one. The picture is not as 3D as I wanted it to be, but I no longer care. It was mostly me making some fanart to practise the blending effects of my new art toys. I'd say that part went pretty well! Worth every minute spent on it!

First one to recognise what this is and where it's from gets a cookie.

Offline John Red Beard

• Local Moderator
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2019, 01:13:42 PM »
I don’t get a cookie but I like the drawing. The way you rendered the craggy parts of the rocks is very good.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2019, 03:18:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm happy with how that turned out. I would say it looks even better on the scan than on the actual drawing, which doesn't happen all too often.

Offline John Red Beard

• Local Moderator
  • Influential Ibex
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2019, 02:59:10 AM »
Yeah that's rare, at least without some careful color correction.