The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Colossal Wasteland  (Read 5372 times)

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
Re: Colossal Wasteland
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 05:58:48 AM »
Shoon looked around and not long after he heard "No lock-on received" Shoon had a slight frown on his face "Oh well" Shoon quickly began Scaling the building again.
His mission was to make sure this city is clear of waters and mutants so others may move in.

The pod started up again with the distress call, and this time the automated voice was mostly intact, "Life po... critical fail... rescue nee... diately... follow coordin...", the pod listed off a few coordinates, but it left out one array of numbers, but the general area for the pod was given anyway.

(Sorry Shoon,  I thought you were just going to come for me... I didn't forget...)

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2016, 12:05:38 PM »
Ray began firing at the mega buried in the rubble, causing the huge creature to rear up and try to escape. As it stood, the rest of Ray's armaments were unleashed on the creature.

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2016, 03:49:36 PM »
"Ugh there it is again! Midnight please get a lock this time it might be important." Shoon stopped and looked around "It wasn't my fault last time Shoon. Locking in"
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2016, 04:40:51 PM »
Shoon's scans would sense a pod, a damaged one at that, with what seemed like a mega... but this one seemed more intelligent, and was not much bigger then a normal house dog

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2016, 04:55:14 PM »
(Raz, can you tell me where is it? Shoon is currently scaling a skyscraper).

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2016, 05:07:46 PM »
( Sorry.   His pod is inside an old testing facility that was supposed to hold out in any blast, but it didn't so his pod is within the rubble of this old testing facility.... Just imagine a broken down Vault from Fallout... )

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2016, 05:19:48 PM »
(Nah I got the location now all good thanks).
"Got the location, bringing up on your hud" Shoon looked around searching "Got it! damn its far away, better be worth it!" Shoon started to scale down the building dropping and then slowing down with the jump jets and the grabbing a ledge, he repeated that until he was on the floor.
Shoons landing on the street level brought up a small dust cloud, He took a minute of looking around before seeing where to marker was on his HUD again and began walking in the direction.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2016, 07:09:53 PM »
As Shoon would get closer, the pod would slowly pick up his signal, and it would shortly come up with a login sequence request, "Rescue... ent... gin id...".   If Shoon would try and respond, the automated voice would decline the request, and do a short-term time out, but it's signal would still broadcast.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2016, 08:13:54 PM »
Name: Katya S’jet
Species: Lynx
Group: Tester Pilot
Gear: Mark 0 Pilot Exo-Suit (Includes: life support, VR vehicle link, holdout pistol, helmet and flak-armour patches over vital body-parts)
Powers: None

Extras: Katya is an atmospheric transport pilot, one of the few men and women who risk their lives to fly supplies and Gear-mechs between the Tester's bunkers and cities. She was born after the events of 2120 and has known no life before the colossal wasteland, constant wars and terrifying Megas.

Physically she looks like a fairly typical wasteland Lynx, with sandy-grey fur, long tufted ears and a fluffy bob tail. Hard work shaped her body well in her younger years, but a relatively easy life has since made for a rather chunkier lynx. She is generally light-hearted and friendly but has little experience of the world outside the bunkers.

Design: The pilot suit and Katya's general style looks something like this...

Far above the wasteland a pair of gunships soared overhead, two blunt-nosed smudges sillhouetted against the blue sky. Inside the cockpit Katya S'jet watched the desert roll past endlessly beneath her. It was beautiful from up here. Rust coloured sand stretched to the horizon, dotted by silver giants of old skyscrapers. The wasteland shimmered in the mid-day heat.

"S'jet, turn us two degrees more to the north... Hey S'jet?" The voice of her co-pilot snapped Katya abruptly out of it. She adjusted the controls without a word and the muffled sound of engines responded. Beside her the reflective visor of her co-pilot turned to glance across at her. "You ok Captain? Looks like I caught you day-dreaming again, not going soft are you?"

Katya wrinkled her nose into a scowl as she replied, "Just admiring the view... You keep an eye on our bearing." The lynx sighed and looked down again over the wing as the gunship banked to turn north.

A sudden flash caught her eye... Somewhere on the ground, a trail of smoke streaked up towards the aircraft...

With a shout Katya pulled up on the controls, just as the warnings blared in the cockpit [[MISSILE LOCK! ... MISSILE LOCK!]] ... Then came the ear-splitting explosion. The aircraft rolled, flames and black smoke pouring out of the engines as it started to spin out of the air like a stricken bird. Through the windshield Katya helplessly watched the wasteland rushing up to meet them, sweat beading on her brow as her fingers scrabbled against the ejector handle. The canopy burst open to a roaring rush of air and the parachute wrenched her out by the shoulders as it unfolded with a snap.

(Hope ya don't mind a slightly longer intro, just felt like joining in on some RP action again  :P )
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 08:34:10 PM by KittKat chunky~ »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2016, 09:28:05 PM »
The sound of the explosion hit Jio's ears like a bullet. He span to its direction, gaping in awe as the strange plane tumbled and the parachuter flew out. Those machines just weren't worth it, even if he could fit in them. He struggled to decide on helping the survivor or avoiding them. From experience, most testers and wasters didn't take kindly to megas like him for a good reason, and he might not have time to reason with them before getting shot at. He ultimately took the chance and stomped to the scene.

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2016, 11:57:52 AM »
Shoon the plane coming down "That seems quite bad. But not my job none the less. Nobody can survive that anyway" Shoon walked for a minute or 2 before reaching a large bunker door that was blown off its hinges leaving a large round gaping hole with stairs down to bowls of the earth "Well I know where we are going now" Before Shoon could enter he immediately heard Midnight "Be on your guard, it might be a trap set by wasters" Shoon activated his front lights and got his canons ready "Well they will have a surprise" Shoon started going down the stairs".

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2016, 07:51:47 PM »
The signal was extremely strong now, blaring over Shoon's speakers, a distress signal in full force.

Wasters were there, trying to get through a large door, the door that led to Raz's pod, and many others that were dead pods.

A beeping was audible through the bunker, getting stronger as Shoon would get closer to the source... and voices would be heard from the wasters, most of which were raspy.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2016, 08:23:39 PM »
Jio stopped in his tracks, his ears twitching every which way. The fur on the back of his neck rose as he caught a strange frequency. Yet another weird machine, he guessed. He didn't quite understand it, but he wanted to see what it was. He changed direction, supposing the explosion survivor could handle themself, and continued until he could clearly hear the siren from a speaker within the broken bunker door. He crawled into the dark room and paused. The siren was growing distant, as if traveling down the hole. The machine, or whatever it was, was moving. He wanted to follow it but wasn't too sure he could fit on those stairs without collapsing. He peered down the hole to see the noisemaker.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:25:21 PM by Evnamishko »

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2016, 09:02:59 PM »
Shoon walked down the stairs slowly, after reaching the bottom of the stair well he found a large cave room with many wasters sitting sleeping and talking, none of them did any trouble so he let them be, however the cave ended with a large yet smaller metal door with many wasters around trying to open it aggressively, the signal coming from within.  When he got near most wasters backed off for their own reason, some stayed closer. When Shoon approached a waster the was trying to open it with a broken crowbar yelled at him "get lost! This is mine" Shoon kneeled to look at him face to face and said "You need to move, I'm getting whats in there" the waster snaped at him cursing and jumped on him, Shoon threw him off and grabbed the door and started pulling it off.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2016, 10:34:14 PM »
As the door popped off, a white haze drifted out and alarm lights spun, but no sound was there.

Pods were strewn about, but only one was still attached to its lines, and that one was sending out the distress beacon, the viewing window for the pod was cloudy, but it did have a crack on it, and the screen attached to the pod read out that there was a minor breach on the pod, but the inhabitant was intact and all vitals were shown true.