The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Partial fusuit question / alternatives?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Melu

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
Partial fusuit question / alternatives?
« on: October 25, 2016, 10:51:11 PM »
I'm wondering if there is a way I can have a fursuit under the age of 18. Yes, I am aware about growing an all that, but what parts of the suit can I wear that won't matter if I grow (or at least not matter enough)?

If there isn't anything besides a tail, is Pawstar okay for furry-like things? I don't know, like an animal jacket? something?
 :?

Offline TheRedFox8

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Go ahead. Sound the alarm. I could use a challenge
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune
  • Coloring: Typical fox colorings
  • Height: 5' 6
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Athletic
Re: Partial fusuit question / alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 11:48:41 PM »
Honestly most people stop growing for the most part by the time they hit 18. At that point it's mostly worrying about how wide you are as opposed to how tall you are :P

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 05:45:20 PM »
I made my first fursuit when I was 16, and my second one this year at 17. I wasn't growing any more and actually managed to shrink due to spinal problems, so I physically can't grow any taller. If you don't like sewing you can still purchase premade heads (normally your head doesn't grow much after about 14-15) so long as you have a job/a way to pay your parents or guardian back for it. Tails are easy to have, and handpaws are usually okay as well, depending on how old you are. I'd say after 16 or so your hand bones should stop growing, but even sooner do they slow down growing.
Jackets are always a good alternative as well, again depending on how old you are and how much you'
re willing to spend. :)
I'd hold off on feetpaws and fullsuits until at least 16-17 though.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:48:14 PM by Nori »

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 09:18:00 AM »
It really depends from person to person. You may or may not still grow after that age. I once gave a shirt I made to a guy who was around 19 or 20 at the time. The shirt was a bit loose and fitted perfectly. Now being 23, the shirt is too tight. And when I see him in real life, it turns out he had still grown.

I think a partial would be fine, though depending on how close you are to the age of around 18 a head, tail, feet, hands and surely a tail, would be no problem. Your hands and feet don't tend to change much in size or shape, whether you're 13 or 18, and a head... If you're worried your head might still grow (which I also doubt after a certain age xD) then estimate a slightly larger head, and fill the head in with foam or other forms of padding so it fits your current head.
However, a fullsuit not so much. It depends how old you are, though. You can always make minor adjustments to the body suit part, if anything. Usually it's the body part which still goes through some changes (not head or limbs, specifically the torso in this case).

Hope this helps :)
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

guest22811

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 12:33:27 PM »
I'm 14, and I do have a fursuit. It's not the best, but its not the worst either.
What I can tell you is that you should make your suit a bit larger than what fits you, just in case. If you eventually don't grow into it, you can simply put more padding into it.

Parts that you can make when you are below 18:
- Head
- Tail
- Arm sleeves to 'connect' with your paws

Parts that really depend on how fast you're growing
- Hand paws
- Foot paws. (BUY THE LARGEST SIZE THAT YOUR SHOP SELLS.)

Parts that you SHOULD NOT MAKE when you are below 18:
- A bodysuit. NEVER. MAKE. A. FULL. SUIT. WHEN. YOU. ARE. BELOW. 18.
I did try and at first, it fit. However, after a few weeks of procrastinating with my sewing it stopped fitting ;-;

REMEMBER that you can always fit into a suit that is larger than your size, but not into one that is smaller. Fur is not very stretchable.,

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 05:53:29 PM »
Could get a set of stormtrooper  too. I see a lot of those at furry cons.