The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Seras cosplay, first version done! - Critique appreciated! <3  (Read 4971 times)

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
Seras cosplay, first version done! - Critique appreciated! <3
« on: October 24, 2016, 10:27:28 AM »
Hey guys!!! I hope this is okay since its both a fursuit AND cosplay thread, but I was hopping people could nitpick at a cosplay I'm working on. I've posted to a few groups on facebook but have only gotten reactions, hardly any replies.
She's Seras Victoria from Hellsing (OVA series) and I'm almost done with her, just need to dye the socks, cut the bangs a bit shorter on the wig, and make the arm (I'm going to use a mix of black craft foam, led lights, and thin black fabric that folds over so it changed which lights are visible, and a thin red/black tango fabric for the outside). I'll take pictures in better lighting and post them in a comment when I get around to it.

Here's her on me, you can't see my contacts or fangs though :/

Hanging up, you can see the different colors of bias tape better. (I'm going to use elmers glue to make the fabric on the torn sleeve stand upright)

Main reference, a few things changed between the concept art and the show, but its pretty much the same.

The variant I'm cosplaying as

I appreciate any criticism! Haven't made a normal costume in almost 3 years, so I'm a bit rusty :P
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 02:43:09 PM by Nori »

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Some Critique for a Cosplay?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 12:46:32 PM »
Omg, omg, omg!
FIRST REPLY AND AWESOME COSPLAY!

*calms down*

So jealous of you right now XD I've been meaning to do a Hellsing (Ultimate) cosplay for a few years now. this looks amazing!

Some tips for the cosplay then!

1) The large red socks need to have holes in them. Your last picture shows what I'm referring to ^^ At least at the top part needs to have holes. (When making the holes, be careful.)
  2) I know it could be hard to find proper shoes/boots for certain cosplays, but I want to point this one out as well (considering I'm allowed to nitpick :P). Seras just has boots, no laces or such. The shoes you have on in the first picture seems to me like heavy hiking shoes, rather than boots. (Does that make sense?)
  3) If you can, move the patch down. The patch on the uniform -oddly enough- seems to cover the pocket opening, so it's a useless chest-pocket.

Hope this helps a bit, and hope my tips weren't too harsh ;3;
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 01:20:33 PM »

Thanks a lot <3 Actually Vampyrum has an Alucard cosplay, and might be working on a Vlad variation at some point if we go to Anime Expo together :)
SO
1) Yeah, I'll be seeing how it looks after I dye it (see if it degrades the fabric at all) But I do plan to cut le holes out. I actually am using two layers of socks, so I'll have to be careful to line them up right :P
2 ) I might make boot covers for my hiking boots (oh ye, they're my hiking boots :P Utah desert dirt on them right now lol) But I like how the shape is for them, but if I do find some boots that would look good I'll go with those. I'm just nervous about how to attach the covers so I'm not worrying about that -just-  yet <3
3) I already ironed it on ;-; But since I have the button there I didn't want it to be too far down, but yeah, I could have moved it down further. The pic of me wearing it it was just velroed down, but I did move it down a bit further when I ironed it. (In the pic on me in it, where the patch slants into the bottom corner the top of the pocket lines up in the middle, while the ironed on bit the pocket lines up with the corner where it starts to slant inwards) If and when this one falls apart I'll be adjusting a few things, like not putting the pocket buttons on until after :P
And the show can't make up its mind where the patch is. Another image I used as reference has it where it is on the concept art. lol
..it also cant make up its mind on where seams are. XD

Thanks again!!!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:25:09 PM by Nori »

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 01:35:00 PM »
No problem :3

1) In that case, maybe you could then show the parts of the holes onto your underlaying socks? Or something like so, at least.

2) Sounds like a good plan! Perhaps by that time we can both think of something xD

3) I was thinking about that issue, but maybe if you do another cosplay you can sow it on beforehand if you ask for advice and tips, before ironing it on ;3 Then you can always change/shift the position a bit if need be.

Yeah, I figured the design would be a bit all over the place in the show XD

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 02:13:48 PM »
The cosplay is excellent! I wanted to point out the socks thing but Ventus did that for me (thanks).
I would love to see the finale version.
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 08:17:47 PM »
Hey guys! It's been what, over a month? O_o
I've been busy working on a fursuit commission (if anyone cares to see, its over here, Vampyrums' Calun <3 https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.383359165386995.1073741843.100011387452349&type=1&l=7447685ad8)
and just a bunch of stuff happening all the time, but figured I'd post an update on where I'm at <3

I worked out a design I like for the arm, and used 16-guage wire as a frame, surrounded with black craft foam. It's 2-d right now, but before I put the fabric over I'm going to glue additional swirly pieces, so even if it looks 2-d from either side, when the fabric is pulled over it'll go around and make a few different shapes. Also found red led fairy lights at Wal-Mart for Christmas, so I bought out the stores' supply. XD
I think I might cut the wire going around my arm and just have the craft foam around my arm, since I was planning on attaching with velcro to easily access the battery boxes for the lights anyway.

I dyed/cut the socks, and I'm really happy how close the color turned out :D It was that bright red before, but its pretty close to the uniform fabric now!

And almost done styling the wig, I thinned out the bangs a bit, just need to shave it so its not so choppy :)

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 04:22:04 PM »
Looking good! Cant wait  to see the finished version. Would be awesome if you had an a lucard to go with.

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 11:42:53 PM »
Thanks Shoon!
And a quick picture of it all together so far, I need to adjust a few things :)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 12:13:38 AM by Nori »

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Spectacled Flying Fox
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
  • Height: 6' 00"
  • Weight: 185
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 12:08:34 AM »
*ahem* yes, it WOULD be cool if you had an Alucard. Wouldn't it, NORI.

Almost like you mentioned how we were a duo and I was the Alucard/Vlad in the original post.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 12:10:20 AM by Vampyrum »
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 12:19:10 AM »

Almost like you mentioned how we were a duo and I was the Alucard/Vlad in the original post.

*noms ear* We gotta do facetime or something at cons tho. That'd be fun!

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 12:22:08 AM »

Yeee. Integra sent us on different missions I guess. AX is gonna be SO fun when we get to run Alu and Seras together though. Especially with our height difference. ;)
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 12:24:25 AM »

Yeee. Integra sent us on different missions I guess. AX is gonna be SO fun when we get to run Alu and Seras together though. Especially with our height difference. ;)

;-; Whyyyyyyyyy I'll bring stilts. But ye, I'm mostly looking forward to COMFY FEET

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 12:55:54 AM »
;-; Whyyyyyyyyy I'll bring stilts. But ye, I'm mostly looking forward to COMFY FEET

But the cute head pat you wanteddddd.

Also, the progress is amazing. I'm loving that arm!

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 11:19:11 AM »
Oh shoot I forgot you said that! sorry!

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2016, 11:19:19 PM »
Oh shoot I forgot you said that! sorry!

>< It's okie dokie. I actually have a few Alucard cosplays from the last handful of years. Normal, Rio De Janeiro Alucard, a "bloody" Alucard (like when he goes to town with his bare hands).

I'm working on true-form Vlad Alucard, and Nori's helpin' me along with it. :) Which will be a BIG help. Since she's doing Blood Seras, Vlad will be a perfect match. The fact that it's been a dream cosplay of mine is just a big bonus!

But really, no matter how we do it, that Shadow Arm of hers is going to be the big highlight. It's looking really awesome already, and when she gets the rest of it installed and covered? Duuuuuude.