The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Patent Sandwich  (Read 756 times)

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • If I am pretty, you are gorgeous~
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White fur, icy blue eyes
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Holla holla get dollar
Patent Sandwich
« on: October 03, 2016, 10:19:01 PM »
If you like meat and eggs, and would like something warm to eat, a traditional Patent Sandwich ("Patentsmørbrød" in Norwegian) is the perfect breakfast or lunch item for you!

You will need:
Bread to your liking
Beef patties
Eggs
Lettuce
Fried onions

Margarine or oil
Pepper

Prep:
Start by picking a type of bread you like and slice it. I recommend avoiding white loaf, as the lack of fiber makes it very soft and fragile.
Next, cook the beef patties like if you make hamburgers. Feel free to make them from minced meat if you'd like. Use margarine or oil, preferably from rapeseed for the frying. Season with fresh ground pepper to taste.
If you decide to fry the onion yourself, now is a good time, if you haven't in advance. Finely chop onions and fry until golden and crispy.
Lastly, fry eggs sunny side up. Do not flip the egg unless necessary. Put on a lid to help speed up the cooking of the whites, but take care not to dry the yolks.

Assembly:
Place the bread on serving plates and top with lettuce leaves. Next, you can choose whether to add the fried onions before or after the patty. Finish off with the fried egg.

I hope you will enjoy this treat often served at taverns and mountain hotels!