The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Alka\'s Photoshop Gallery!  (Read 3092 times)

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
Alka\'s Photoshop Gallery!
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:46:15 PM »
I've never done anything like this before, because I've never regarded my art as worth sharing (or even thought people might request me do this for them), but I decided maybe it was time I got some feedback and possible inspiration from others. But, I need to explain my art and work process a little before I start posting my works. Open the spoiler tab if you would like to read that.

Things to know about my art  :3  -
Spoiler for Hidden:

• Artwork can take anywhere between a day to a few weeks. I like projects that challenge me, and try to extend my work even if it's for the most part 'done'.
  • I don't just grab random photos off the internet and mash them together (all the time.) Most of the time, my artwork is a culmination of some resourceful use of photoshop or illustrator with some google searches and pixel-fine colouring where applicable.
  • I like uploading my artwork at a resolution of 250ppi, and make them large enough to perfectly fit onto A4 printing. As such, they may take a while to load.
  • The photos I use (If I don't draw my own assets) are taken off of google, and come under fair-use laws, where I have edited and changed them enough to be considered a fair use of original work. If you would like to see works of mine which may violate copyright, you will have to request that of me through PMs.
  • Also, not all of the brushes I use are mine, but they're uploaded to websites (such as fbrushes.com) where I can obtain them freely. No copyright there

With that being said, read on further for rules if you want to request me doing any artwork for you, or continue on to the latest updates by me for some new artwork. I'll try to update at least once per week, or as often as I finish new pieces of art.

Rules for requesting, as well as a model request  :3  -

• Spoiler for Hidden:
    • Make requests on here once only please. I don't want this topic getting spammed with ideas, both good and bad. If I don't respond to your request for a while, please PM me and I'll try to get back to you ASAP.
    • I'm only a 16 year old with a years worth of actual experience using photoshop. Even though my artwork might be of fair quality, I am no miracle worker. If I don't think I can pull off what you're asking, please don't get mad at me for saying I won't do it. More often than not, I'll make a rough attempt at doing it first before realising that I don't know photoshop well enough to be able to pull off what you're asking of me.
    • I do not charge for my work. I might start taking commissions at some point, but for now, all my work is free of charge. If I get enough requests, I'll make a separate page on the requests sub-forum, dedicated to those requests.
    • I do not give out the PSDs for my work. I would like to think that I hold enough ownership of my artwork to not want to just give out the files they were spawned from. Do not even bother asking.
    • 3 change system. If you make a request of me, I work on a 3 change system. Up until the artwork meets the standard supplied to me by the description you gave, I will edit it to meet that description. Beyond that, I will only edit the file 3 times before the request will be considered complete. And they can't be massive changes to the entire piece.
    • Ideas and requests are two different things, and should be labelled as such. Just make it clear you're requesting something of me so that I can place a bit of priority on it.
    And finally
    • BE AS DESCRIPTIVE IN YOUR REQUESTS AS YOU CAN. If I don't make it exactly as you pictured it in your head, I'm not to blame, as it's because I wasn't given a clear or detailed enough description of what has been asked of me. Things like colour, shape, type-face, position all help me build a mental image which I can create from. As such, detail is appreciated.
    Model requests. They can look similar to (or even exactly like) them. But just an idea of how you can word stuffs.

Basic - "I'd like you to make something with a black background, using bright colours that works with the quote "[insert quote here]" (simple background, basic description of colours and quote for inspiration)

Getting detailed - "I'd like you to make something with a black and blue gradient background, using bright red, orange and yellow colours that work with the quote "[insert quote here]" (slightly detailed background, expansion on colours and quote for inspiration)

As complex as I'd like it to get - "I'd like you to make something with a black and blue circular gradient background, using colours from the opposite end of the colour wheel (all as bright as doable), involving two multi-colour boxing gloves slightly blurred that goes with the quote "[insert quote here]" (detailed background, detailed colour wants, one or more images to draw from as well as details to edits I need to make to them, and a quote for inspiration)

Post Merge: September 21, 2016, 01:06:07 PM

« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 01:02:51 AM by Dr. Alka Wolf »
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
Re: Alka\'s Photoshop Gallery!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 04:15:37 PM »
this is very nice.
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 04:55:00 AM »
My latest artwork. I was recently introduced to a band called "Too Close to Touch." Love their work, especially 'Sympathy' and so I made artwork using the chorus of the song. They have full ownership of the lyrics used in this artwork.

"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

guest22811

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 12:18:25 PM »
*Slides in*

Ooh I'm looking forward to seeing more of your edits/art!

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 12:41:12 PM »
*Slides in*

Ooh I'm looking forward to seeing more of your edits/art!

Thanks  :D . I'll be releasing another one I made a while back tomorrow

Reference of Alka

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
Re: Alka\\\'s Photoshop Gallery!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 01:32:41 AM »

Sorry that this one took a while! I had a bit of trouble getting it onto this computer. But here it is. I coloured the edges at max zoom to make sure it was pixel perfect  ^_^
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 01:44:16 AM by Dr. Alka P. Wolf »

Reference of Alka

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 05:29:20 AM »

Haven't posted here in a while. Thought I'd upload my latest piece

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 05:30:53 AM by Dr. Alka Wolf »

Reference of Alka

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Build: Normal
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I wanna learn to code dammit x3
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 08:20:55 AM »
Amazing ^___^ also that pic with the rose you did was awesome too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Avatar by: Nana (from furry amino)
  • Signature art by: Fable

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 03:45:26 PM »
Wow thats just amazing, I was just looking at it with a :o  expression >w<
[/URL]

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 06:38:35 AM »
Wow, you nailed the clouds and lighting.

Offline Panda

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Build: Petite
  • Currently: Lurking
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 10:09:48 PM »

Sorry that this one took a while! I had a bit of trouble getting it onto this computer. But here it is. I coloured the edges at max zoom to make sure it was pixel perfect  ^_^

This is really cool :O Is it a picture of a rose that you recolored?
[ Asexual furry | Genderfluid | They/them ]
Spoiler for Hidden:

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 11:43:58 PM »
This is really cool :O Is it a picture of a rose that you recolored?

Yep. Took me a week to do because I had to draft the colours first, test various b/w recolouring and then colour it at pixel clear zoom.

Also, thanks to everyone for the lovely comments. I'm currently working on a gif I'm hoping won't be too large to upload that I think will look cool, but in the mean time I'm going to upload another image I've worked on fairly soon.

Post Merge: February 22, 2017, 07:14:39 AM

Got this one done a while back. Wasn't quite sure what I was building when I started it, but I think it turned out alright

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:14:41 AM by Dr. Alka Wolf, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Reference of Alka

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 12:16:54 PM »
It looks near, spikey lines work well.

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 01:27:53 AM »

So, this is one I just produced today. Didn't take too long, but I'm happy with the turnout.

I'm working on some images for an art exhibition coming up in my areas. Will be sure to upload them when their done :)

Reference of Alka

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 01:33:14 AM »
I like that.  Those colors are beautiful together.  Reminds me of winter and autumn.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket