The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)  (Read 40330 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2020, 09:57:26 PM »
And here I thought you fell off the face of the earth.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2020, 02:03:29 AM »
Pretty close to it from the way it feels sometimes.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #227 on: November 16, 2020, 05:19:57 PM »
I know that feeling glad your still around
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2020, 03:06:18 AM »
Making some progress in the group. Four down and one to go.

This one belongs to the "security officer" of the team. While she is a strong physical character, she does often cause collateral damage with her weapons of choice (turret-based chain-fed missile launcher and ion-cannon, both modified for her use). Even if an enemy gets in close range, she has a hybrid plasma/solid-state folding-sword that can become an axe.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #229 on: November 27, 2020, 11:14:21 AM »
Reminds me of my larger oc's who are just simply like that.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: November 27, 2020, 11:17:20 PM »
Nice, mate.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: November 29, 2020, 04:16:13 AM »
The next one (when done) will be for another large-character, but less collateral-damage involved. She's primarily focused on defense and precision attacks compared to the others.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: December 10, 2020, 03:37:20 AM »
Well, bad news: The laptop I had for less-than-a-year went kaput rather gloriously. What this means is that the last one I was working on is incomplete (thankfully mostly saved elsewhere with more than one type of back-up) and I have been delayed a bit because of that.

Good news though: the old laptop (that I've had since near the start of my time in the forums) is up and running again. I might be able to use it for resuming the work since most of it is done in MS Paint.

And a bit of a sneak-peek to show what I did manage to save/recover before everything went down.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2020, 12:25:28 AM »
Great job, mate. Let me know if you need any tech help or software. Wouldn't want you to be without.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: December 23, 2020, 11:39:31 PM »
@Shinzuu: Software's not an issue. It's a hardware fault unfortunately. It's either the motherboard or the CMOS chip, and both are not easy fixes since the CMOS is soldered on and the motherboard is essentially the entirety of the laptop due to multiple soldered connections in various places. I already have plans on how to replace it with a desktop, even have the hardware in mind. Just having to be patient in getting it.

Now, for a bit of an update:

I'm still working on this set, an oversized physical-energy hybrid shield being the last item for this character's set of equipment. If you're wondering what's up with the gatling gun, it has built-in anti-gravity stabilizers for easier one-handed use while the character can use her other arm with the shield (essentially making her a moving fortress). It can also collapse-down and be easier to transport when not in use

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: December 29, 2020, 02:36:22 PM »
Another update to the set (one more before finalizing)

The change in color is due to the components of the shield matching the background too much. This color also assists the energy-shots of the rifle to be more noticeable now. Green seemed to cause some light 'blending' issues.

Edit: Grammar fix... seems like I can't type well early in the morning.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 02:56:56 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline John Red Beard

• Local Moderator
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #236 on: December 29, 2020, 09:15:25 PM »
I like that shield. It’s a cool design.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2020, 03:14:15 AM »
Thanks, but the one who made the design for it and the gatling gun (without some of the tweaks I put in) was done by a friend of mine, I just made it into a sprite-design. I also did some adjustments to the shield, but you'll get to see them when I get through with the side-view (collapsed and expanded).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 03:16:09 AM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: December 31, 2020, 02:40:48 PM »

And the completed shield. This took longer than I'd like, but it was definitely a lesson in shading.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2021, 11:49:05 PM »
Bit of update: I removed the old WIP's for the last one I posted, so you all will notice "image does not exist" placeholders. Sorry for that.

I am still trying to make stuff, but going back to helping a friend of mine with designs again, so onto the art now:

This one is a bit of a concept for an idea, I won't delve into too many details, but it is an assault-rifle/auto-shotgun hybrid.

This one is just a bit of spriting to keep myself in practice. If anyone is familiar with the design of the weapon (in all three versions in the sprite-sheet) don't state where it comes from! I know where it's from and for the sake of the forum-rules, I would rather not have that told due to the nature of the source. The source is very violent/gory.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:13:57 PM by Vosur Aekira »