The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Halo  (Read 8355 times)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Halo
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 06:28:30 PM »
I've been playing Halo 5 on and off (for a variety of reasons) and it is awesome. Although I do have a few pointers I am bothered about.
I'll hide them in a spoiler just in case.

Spoiler for Hidden:
There is this part in the game where Locke and his crew come across the Warden Eternal. He says something along the lines of that the others (referring to Master Chief and his team) have been approved passage, but not Locke and his team.
So they fight with the Warden and win. Pretty awesome 'mini boss'.
However, the problem I have with what happens straight after.

So you take time to fight the Warden, and before that there is a while where he talks. And before you walk through to the next section you also have to go to the door first.
All these actions take time, yet when you pass as Locke through the door you see Master Chief and his gang not too far away.

And that is one of my problems I have with that cutscene. Did Master Chief and his friends stay behind the door to listen whether the Warden would beat Locke's arse?
Because how else to explain why they had such a short distance between them?
Clearly John took the same path as Lock is, and clearly the fight and everything else took time for Locke, so then why?
(I'm not looking for an answer per se, just ranting xD But if anyone does have an answer or explanation, I'll gladly hear it.)

Another issue I have is the teleportation pads in the cutscene. Both Master Chief and Locke have to use teleportation pads to get from the part where they came from to the next part.
But if only Master Chief and his buddies are allowed to pass, why can Locke make use of the teleportation pads as well?
For an advanced civilisation which made the pads, they could have 'coded' it in such a manner that only John and his team could use it, instead of Locke and his team.
(And a bit later the pads seem to deactivate and fall away. Why couldn't this have happened once Master Chief and his team used the pads?)
See, this problem wouldn't have occurred if the creators either came up with something smart, removed the time issue from the first issue I have, or made the pathway like some normal stairs or something else. Something that would make sense and doesn't just seem fancy and highly technological and alien.

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline kylethefox

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Its been so long XD
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: classic fox colors
  • Height: 6.2
  • Weight: 130 (i am pretty skinny!)
  • Build: small muscles (but i know martial arts!)
  • Currently: bored, im free to talk about anything!! (seriously anything!!)
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 11:19:15 PM »
ah halo! it has been in my life for so many years! i remember playing combat evolved on the family pc and i was obsessed, eventually i got a xbox and bought halo 2 (witch is my personal favorite!) then got the 360 with halo 3 and later got reach then 4, and just a few years ago i got the xbox one with halo five! to be honest, there were some things i didnt like about 5, especially that they took away the multiplayer!! overall it is still a very fun game! and i would be happy to play with anybody! just send me a message me when im online and and well play! gamertag: Nlght188     the i is a lower case L btw!

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 05:29:34 AM »
Halo 3 is definitely my favourite, mainly for the campaign. Reach was not bad, but everything after I can't get into.

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Probably the least fierce spider you'll ever meet
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Poster
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Grey, duh...
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 120 kg
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: Well, I'm kinda better, but also kinda not?
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 09:49:47 PM »
My Halo adventure started in 3, with my cousin. We played the co-op campaign and 1v1 slayer quite a lot. We played through ODST as well, but I wasn't a fan of it at that point. I got Reach with a 360 for my 14th and loved it. Superb gameplay and multiplayer. The only problem I had with it was that Warrant officer was such a grind! x.x

I got to Legend rank on Reach a few months ago, there's actually still quite a lot of people playing it! I usually played infection and SWAT, so headshots were common.

I've had a few moments of "how did I do that" in the past, including infecting every surviving spartan without dying in Reach, every spartan in 4 (1 death) and completing ONI: Sword base on 'Mythic' difficulty (LASO) with only 1 reload.

... Come at me bro xD
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2016, 02:41:55 PM »
I feel we should try to see if we can perhaps rally a few members from here to organise a huge Multiplayer game upcoming summer or something :P

I felt Halo 5 missing the multiplayer was a real... miss. I found out by coincidence during Halloween when a friend came over. I wanted to play it together with him, he's the reason I was able to play Halo 2 (and 3?) before I got my own Xbox console to play it on.
I really hope they bring it back. I know why they removed the feature, and it mostly had to do with the 60fps, but... I wish they would have asked the community what they wanted more: 60fps, or multiplayer.
It would have been a hard choice, and I'm sure the divide would be cutting it close, but at least it would have prepared me and many others on the fact we can't have both.
Besides, the TV I have connected to my console isn't that suited for such amazing high quality, so for me it didn't add anything by removing the multiplayer option.

Offline kylethefox

• Dancing Dragon
  • Its been so long XD
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 05:15:07 PM »
yuss!! we should totally play with a bunch of members from here!! im in! (mabye even make a clan!)

yeah, we always use to have our friends come over and they would bring there xbox and we would play eight-player halo!  but that is no longer possible, X( if they come out with a new xbox i hope they make the ram better allowing high speed multiplayer!

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 06:36:40 PM »
yuss!! we should totally play with a bunch of members from here!! im in! (mabye even make a clan!)

Omg, yes! I'm still figuring out how Halo works on the xBox One, as well as figuring out how the console works, so no idea how to set up a clan, but lemme look into it and I'll post an update here! :D
I think you can assign games to said clan, so shall I set up all Halo games for the clan?

yeah, we always use to have our friends come over and they would bring there xbox and we would play eight-player halo!  but that is no longer possible, X( if they come out with a new xbox i hope they make the ram better allowing high speed multiplayer!

I hope they just update the game so it's possible :P And/or update the console itself with the software updates xD
I just got this thing, I don't want to buy a new one becase they wrongly estimated the capacity of their own product.

Offline kylethefox

• Dancing Dragon
  • Its been so long XD
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2016, 06:45:46 PM »
im not quite ure how to make a clan, but i know people have done it, it would be realy cool if we could make one! there might be a few thing i could help you with on xbox one, but to be honest i dont fully understand how it works either!! XD

yeah, it would suck if i had to buy a new system! a update would be a lot better!!

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 07:19:25 PM »
How about then I'll look into it today or tomorrow about how to set up a clan? :P
I've set groups and stuff up before on other places and websites, I'm sure I'll be able to figure out how to set up a clan too x)

Anyways, to get back more directly to Halo... The reason I really enjoyed Reach is mainly due to three reasons:
1) Backstory: It gives a lot more insight into the overall lore, it explained a lot to me when certain terms and names were mentioned in other games and such. It really felt to me some open-ended ties were finally knotted to make a whole. If that analogy makes sense.
2) Own character: You can design your own Spartan, Noble Six, to a certain degree. It can be male or female, and you can edit the colours of the suit, making the feeling more personal. You will see this in the cutscenes as well. And besides the slight differences in physical-build, the voice in the cutscene for Noble Six also depends whether you chose it to be a male or female.
3) You can see with the huge amount of details put into the design of the environment and OH MY GOODNESS THAT BEAUTIFUL SKY. Seriously, I had to stop a lot of the time playing the game to just stare at the sky.

So much detail is put in the Halo games, but I only started to realise this when playing Reach, and I think one of the reasons is how quickly I saw how the sky was done. From that moment on I started to look and remember at everything else of the franchise and saw that it wasn't just a fun game (to me), but that so much time and dedication went into this. The story, the characters, the environment.

There are a few negative points I would want to mention as well with regards  to Halo Reach, such as that the characters seem to be all too willing to self-sacrifice or die (sometimes for no clear or good reason) when they've done excellent before.
Well, arguably with regards to Jorge?
Spoiler for Hidden:
Jorge is the first of Noble Team to die, but his death is the most believable of all, and not even frustrating. Wlel, to me it was frustrating ebcause it was a typical 'movie moment' or cliché of "Oh noes, the bomb needs to be done manually, because reasons". Still, it had an explanation, and I felt his death was the most dramatic, because you already got small hints of who he used to be, as well as gotten a few details into his personality and characteristics.

Kat's death to me was extremely surprising. I mean, it's good in a way because a character's death should be sudden in certain situations (you don't know who will die in a war beforehand either), but so much confusion was left. The whole point of arguing whether she should have died or not from that Needler Sniper weapon... That discussion shouldn't even be existant, and yet it is. And why? Because it's not clear to a lot of people what the situation was at the time. And even I myself thought something was wrong. She shouldn't have died like she did, she had her armour on and whatnot. That, and she died suddenly. No gasp, no nothing. She was shot and died instantly. Something was off.
Later, delving into various articles and other forums discussions, it made sense: Her shields were down. Everyone's shields were down. It was mentioned prior, or at least shown. However, as a game, such an insinuation shouldn't stay an insinuation. When she was dying, she could have said something like: "Sh*t, was hoping the shields would have regenated faster." Or something along those lines. Something Kat-like, you know?

Anyways, those are my thoughts :)

Offline kylethefox

• Dancing Dragon
  • Its been so long XD
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 08:13:38 PM »
sweet! what should are clan be called?

well said! reach is awesome! and the scenery was FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 10:36:09 PM »
That's right, we need a name before I set it up.
I have some ideas, but my favourite is: Strike Team Athena (abbreviation can be S.T.A. or T.A. for Team Athena). Athena is the goddess of war, but also of wisdom, strategy and peace.

I thought it would also be a cool idea to name the clan after a Greek god(dess) such as Athena, because of the many Greek and Norse (and Egyptian) mythology references in the games.
Athena is also known to be like a protector of various people, so if we would name the clan/team after her, we might get on her good side ;)
(Besides, we would also already have a mascot creature for the team too; an owl. As an owl is usually used to represent Athena.)

PLEASE let me go ahead with this idea XD

Offline kylethefox

• Dancing Dragon
  • Its been so long XD
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2016, 11:48:27 PM »
yeah that sound good! and i like a owl as a symbol! (she was represented as a harpy owl right?) however im not quite sure i like the 'strike team' part so much, if you really like it that much then im ok with  it! ;) 

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 11:41:04 AM »
Hmm, I'll surely incorporate Athena into the clan name.
As for setting up a clan on xBox, it's called a 'club' on xBox. Derp.

Also, I couldn't find the 'Create a club' option in the Community tab, where it should be, so I decided to activate a Gold Membership I had laying around >->
Not sure what will happen to the club/clan when my membership runs out though, so if anyone could provide an answer to that, that would be awesome.

While I've been writing this up, I think just Team Athena could work. (Abbreviation would be T.A.), but we could always say
TAFF, which would stand for Team Athena Furry Forums :P

As of which, here is some information pertaining what teams already exist in the Halo universe: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Spartan_Teams
Note, they seem to be all, or mostly fireteams, yet do not necessarily have the word 'fire' in their name. Therefore I am going with Team Athena (just like Team Black, Team Saber, and Noble Team).

Currenlty setting the club up :)
(Reply here or PM me your username so I can include you once I set up the club!)

Post Merge: November 14, 2016, 01:58:24 PM

Turns out I had a corrupted update, so I couldn't make clubs. Spent the last hour or so figuring out how to fix this ^^;
I set up an Owl as a profile picture for the group (it's a private group, meaning anyone can ask to join, but only members can play). Not sure if the owl is from another game, if it is, let me know, and I'll choose an actual Halo picture as profile image.
Information:

Team Athena

Tags (and rules):
Everyone is welcome; All ages; New players welcome; Will help new players; Cooperative; Casual; Mic optional; No trash-talking;

Description:
TEAM ATHENA (T.A. or T.A.F.F.) for HALO fans from TFF.

Games:
Halo Master Chief Collection; Halo 3; Halo 4; Halo Reach; Halo Waypoint; Halo 5 Guardians; Halo Spartan Assault; Halo Wars; Halo Wars 2;

I'll add this information to the first post.
The club/clan/group is online now!
You can either send a request to join to the group or tell me your username, so I can add you :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:12:54 PM by Ventus Fall »

Offline kylethefox

• Dancing Dragon
  • Its been so long XD
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 03:56:21 PM »
i get my gold for free! XD cuz apparently if one person has it on xbox one, everyone has it!! my name is Nlght188 the (i) in the name is actually a lower case (L), as for your gold, i might have a code laying around somewhere you could use to extend your xbox live so we can play more!! ;)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2016, 04:02:51 PM »
O_O How do you geet Gold for free? O_O

Because I have an xbox one, and it isn't for free for me ;-;
And that would be awesome with regard to the gold membership, but only if you're 100% sure ;D As of which, I just sent the invitation :)