The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Contamination  (Read 17710 times)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
Re: Contamination
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2016, 07:58:40 PM »
Geoff sighed in relief. No threat would greet with a 'wassup'.
"S--Uh... So, no trouble around, eh...?"

Talking felt strange, like a loud buzzing in his head and chest. His voice was low and raspy from minimal use.

Offline David Le Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Red Fox
  • Coloring: Orange w/ long blue hair, white tipped tail, ears and wings, white mouth and chest/stomach
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 149
  • Build: Skinny, Feminine features
  • Currently: Why do spiders keep crawling onto me? Dammit Australia T.T
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2016, 02:56:29 AM »
*Connor is reluctant to say anything  since he wants to leave as soon as possible, but, realizing that making friends is important he decides to greet the strangers* "Uh, hi"

Offline Winter98

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6"2'
  • Weight: 310
  • Build: Well toned, skinny
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2016, 06:49:44 AM »
Prophet examines the people around him. 'No threat..' He thinks to himself. "....Almost a Mexican stand off we got goin' here huh.." He slowly lowers his pistol, though doesn't holster it.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2016, 12:09:35 PM »
"Nope. Not a single bit of trouble." At least, not yet. Xander was still feeling a little on edge, the more people joined the more he felt the tension could be cut through with a knife. He should have just walked off at the start.

Offline David Le Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Orange w/ long blue hair, white tipped tail, ears and wings, white mouth and chest/stomach
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2016, 01:06:09 PM »
"Excuse me for a moment" *Connor walks inside the apartment to gather his belongings*

Offline VioletKitten

• Vibrating Furby
  • A nightmare wrapped in a daydream
    • Awards
  • Species: Gecko
  • Coloring: Shades of Green
  • Height: 5'0
  • Weight: 90lbs
  • Build: Lithe
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2016, 03:30:55 PM »
Violet expertly navigated the broken rooftops, her slender body ducking and weaving between crumbling concrete and buckled beams, that long tail helping her keep balance and would serve as an anchor if she did slip. It would take her long before jumping down a hole in a building with several apartments in it, her body barely even caused a thud as she started to move down the hallways on the upper floors, slowly making her way down stairs. She started to pick up on movement and voices not too far away but could not make out any details so she played it safe with keeping herself hidden and tried to get as close as she could to them without being seen.

Offline David Le Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2016, 02:45:28 AM »
*Connor, after gathering his stuff slings an old duffel bag(Full of his belongings) over his shoulder and makes his way out of the apartment building*

Offline Nishjin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Personal Text
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Clear
  • Height: 6'
  • Currently: Alive and kicking
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2016, 03:46:45 AM »
"So, uh, is there any settlements around here?" Nishjin really didn't care, but conversation kept him from being a target.
"I'm thinking of settling down..."
'Yeah, no. I'm the type of guy who would never settle down, walk from place to place, roam from town to town, oh I'm a wanderer...'
Nishjin unconsciously starts humming the song from his favorite game before this... Apocalypse.
uʍopǝpᴉsd∩
Stuff. More Stuff. Even More Stuff.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" -Captain Jack Sparrow

Offline David Le Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2016, 08:01:23 AM »
*Connor chuckles*
"Yeah there's a settlement nearby actually, and it needs your help, want me to mark it on your map*

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2016, 12:59:15 PM »
Xander stared at Nishjin and Connor blankly. "Weird people... Also you look like you have a lot of shit on you for someone who said they didn't have shit. Lying isn't nice."

Offline David Le Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2016, 01:12:31 PM »
"Breaking down a explosive rigged door isn't nice either, I need to work on my engineering aswell, seeing as the door didn't explode"

Offline Kromas Ndorai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • "マッキントッシュプラス"
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Thought Errant
  • Currently: Bringing the A E S T H E T I C
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2016, 05:42:19 PM »
The road was cracking underfoot. Not visibly, though- as Kromas walked along this long, long street that he presumed used to be one of the pre-renewal 'main roads'. Back before the end, (or the beginning, depending on your optimism), these kind of places were apparently full of people. People coming and going, buying and selling, trading and exchanging. That was long ago, however. Now, all that remains is the shattered remains of a once glorious and greed-poisoned civilization. All that stands are hollow shells, in which poor souls scavenge and conflict.

Now that he came to think of it, that could be nice. A free market, almost. A place people can buy and share in joint prosperity, and trade in knowing that they are safe. Even a way of using credits, of some kind, to buy large quantities of goods, to support someone's settlement or whatever.
Haha, never gonna happen. By now, he was arriving at the outskirts of a small, overgrown ruin. It seemed to be empty. Just like everything else here. Nothing to loot. He turned away, and kept walking, the wind whipping at his cloak. Taking down his hood, he sighed. Taking out a small notepad, he jotted down a few things.
"This area seems desolate. No supplies either. I guess that whoever was here must've moved on. How boring."

==/LATER/==

Kromas had kept walking. Up ahead, he had heard some gunshots some moments ago. Turning onto a street, he found himself a few hundred meters down the road from a group of people. Unusual for such a large group to be in the open. He looked towards them, keeping his hands exposed to show he had nothing to use.
The UK economy is composed of
several multi-billion dollar industries;
                  poetry isn't one of them
  - aesthetic bailout by Johnny Noiπ

Do you dare defy the Prince's rule?

Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2016, 06:47:09 PM »
Geoff watched the group bicker, opting to stay silent in case something foolish fell from his mouth. He needed some time to adjust to socializing again. He saved his speech for rambles and monologues by his lonesome, which took far less effort than with a fellow sapient being. Requesting help was too much to expect from strangers, yet that was the only thing on his mind... until a little detail stuck out in the fox's reply.
Explosive. He had explosives. He armed a door with explosives. Why go to an extreme measure like that? Either the fox more paranoid than him, or was there a bigger threat out here than he thought.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:26:19 PM by Evnamishko »

Offline Nishjin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Personal Text
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Clear
  • Height: 6'
  • Currently: Alive and kicking
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2016, 11:53:50 PM »
"Nah, I don't need it on my map... I can find it myself."
Noticing the bear a bit behind him, Nishjin walks up to him.
"So what's your story, boss? You look like you've got one."
uʍopǝpᴉsd∩
Stuff. More Stuff. Even More Stuff.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" -Captain Jack Sparrow

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2016, 12:20:51 AM »
Xander scowled at Connor, gritting his teeth and bunching up his hands inside the pockets of his hoodie. First, this **censor** put a gun to his head, then he lied about having no supplies right to his face before practically gloating about how it was a lie. "That's it." His voice was calm, not even betraying a hint of his anger. He began to wind back his arm, ready to slam it into the guys face when he saw someone not too far down the road. He sighed and returned his hands to his pockets. "Let me guess, one more for the commune."