The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Contamination  (Read 17711 times)

Offline [INACTIVE]

Contamination
« on: June 20, 2016, 07:20:52 AM »
Companion Board Character sheets go here.

Lore
--------
"The body is an amazing creator. It can heal itself when wounded, it can fight off toxins and it can even repair cells that are destroyed. I've created the perfect weapon to make sure these things can't happen. A weapon banned from the Geneva Convention and so deadly that it could whip a whole country out. With the right chemicals, you could create a biological weapon no person could ever imagine. So, why I am telling you this? Well because if your hearing this message, then you are one of the lucky few to be chosen to have this chemical weapon dropped right on top of you. This message will be cut of soon by your local broadcasting network, but it doesn't matter anyway, in about two minutes you will all parish and become one with mother nature again. Nature will take itself back, and I will be the catalysis that rebirths mother natures rule."

*Ten years later*

The world is still. No care engines can be heard, no street lights shine at night, the world is dark again. Nature has taken itself back, city's are now being turned into jungles, towns are now forest, and homes are now covered in grass and moss. The worlds governments have abandoned everyone, it's every man for himself.

Rules
--------

*No god modding!
*Be realistic, you ain't gonna be welding two mini guns and killing everyone. BE REALISTIC act as if you where in this situation   
*You can be evil. I don't care
*Have fun

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Contamination
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 05:40:33 PM »
Bricket is sitting in his "home". He found shelt in an old appartment building, a lot space he had but he is noticing how slowy the building starts crumbling.
From old terrace on the building he has a great view on the city. If someone would get close he wouldn't hesitate to shoot, he knew what others are capable of

Offline David Le Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Red Fox
  • Coloring: Orange w/ long blue hair, white tipped tail, ears and wings, white mouth and chest/stomach
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 149
  • Build: Skinny, Feminine features
  • Currently: Why do spiders keep crawling onto me? Dammit Australia T.T
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 02:00:54 PM »
'Connor lays ontop an old dirty matress, In a derelict apartment, inside of a locked room, he contemplates the purpose of his existence, and wonders if he will find meaning, a goal, he hopes he will one day have a family to protect, or a town to guard, he points, carelessly at the roof with his M1902, imagining he's shooting bandits and other hostilities'

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 04:59:59 PM »
Fresh air. Truly fresh air. Xander smirked to himself as he took in a nice deep breath and thought about how the world was oddly more peaceful now-a-days. Sure, it was a little more violent, and dangerous, yet everything seemed a lot more calm during the downtime. Down time, something he's had a bit to much of lately. He hopped off of the crumbling remains of a wall that he was sitting on and started to make his way to the nearest street, twirling his bat as he went.

Offline Winter98

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6"2'
  • Weight: 310
  • Build: Well toned, skinny
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 09:58:23 PM »
'Prophet' sat on the roof of a ruined building. There was only the skeleton of the roof left, so he was simply sitting on the top beam. His rifle was slung across his back, his pistol was in his hands. He gently turned said pistol around in his hands, looking at the engraving on the side. 'Tranquility' it read. He always thought it was ironic.

But, reflection time was over. He saw someone on the street. His pistol was holstered, and he drew his rifle. On guard, in case there was trouble.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 11:52:38 PM by Winter98 »

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 10:18:33 PM »
There was a short series of rattles, followed by a sigh as Xander tried to open a door to a building that looked mostly intact. Just his luck to find a place that was locked. He paused for a second, before smiling to himself. Maybe it was lucky. If it's locked, maybe that means someone still lives in it, and if that's the case, then it must have food and other supplies. He stepped back, all the way to the other side of the road, before sprinting towards the door. There was a crash. A sharp, small jolt of pain. The door had flown open, which was great, yet Xander didn't exactly know the correct way to kick a door in and hurt his leg a little, nothing too serious though. He grumbled and made his way through the door to start searching the place.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 11:41:34 PM »
Geoff lay sprawled on the floor of some battered concrete structure, sleepless, staring up in a zone. His eyes traced a winding crack in the crumbling ceiling right above him. He didn't want to die, at least not now, but he couldn't help but imagine that threatening chunk crushing his head in an instant. It gave him a strange thrill. He kept his eyes upon it almost in expectation, almost in wanting, as if their piercing gaze could nudge that chunk enough to give it way.

He was only eleven when the world went dark. Since then, his life was in a basement sustained by stocked rations and books. His father, paranoid as one could be, rarely let him out on his occasional journeys. One day he never came back, and poor Geoff remained as long as he could until supplies ran short. Finally, he emerged into the bewildering outside world. Unprepared. Terrified.

He clutched the metal rod in his hand. It was his only friend. His pistol lacked ammo. He was weak. He knew he should have spent more time training, but there was no more time for regrets. He had to start now.

Well, maybe not now. Later. Unless the ceiling falls.

Offline David Le Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Orange w/ long blue hair, white tipped tail, ears and wings, white mouth and chest/stomach
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 04:18:45 AM »
*Connors eyes widen, he jumps up, pointing his gun at the door, all possible worse case scenarios play out in his head, he's never had to deal with any threats face to face before, he rushes to get behind the door so he can jump the intruder before they know he's even there*

Offline Winter98

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6"2'
  • Weight: 310
  • Build: Well toned, skinny
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 05:43:13 AM »
"Well. This got interesting.. Looks like someone's already in there." Sid watched Connor through his scope, though he didn't know his name yet. "Maybe they'll kill each other.. Certainly would give me more things to survive with."

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 02:13:59 PM »
Xander stepped into the house, failing to notice Connor, maybe because he was distracted by the slight pain in his leg. He wandered around in search of a kitchen or a pantry. It'd been too long since he had a good amount of food to eat.

Offline David Le Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 03:24:47 PM »
*Connor sneaks behind him, then, pointing his gun at the intruder he yells* "DO NOT MOVE! I only use this place for resting, if you came here for supplies you're out of luck"

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 03:45:35 PM »
With a sigh Xander halted and stayed in place, staring at the wall in front of him. "Piss." Seemed like he would have to go hungry for a little while longer, or perhaps not depending on how the situation developed. "So there's nothing here at all? I can go then?"

Offline David Le Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 03:52:49 PM »
"Leave? what if you go get a little band of raiders to come back for me? seems a little too dangerous to let you leave now, you can turn around now, so atleast we can talk face to face"

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 07:56:03 PM »
Geoff sat up with a groan and pulled his backpack over. He took his time checking through all the various contents while thinking idly. He was doing that a lot when he wasn't scavenging. He knew he'd have more time to scavenge if he didn't take all these breaks, but it gave him some peace of mind. He liked to make sure he didn't lose anything, no matter how useless most of the objects appeared. They had a chance of being helpful at some point in time...

A few small pebbles bounced off his back. A rush of energy launched him into a crooked roll. He didn't need to look. The heart-stopping thud and pelting rocks proved his prediction true. He was waiting for it, but the natural will to survive remained.

He grunted in shock and pain as he unraveled. The pain was mild, surely he got nothing more than small bruises if anything. He stood and walked it off, coughing the dust from his lungs as he gazed at the shattered chunks of concrete on the floor and the sky peeking through the empty space above. New cracks were gradually snaking their way across the ceiling, prompting the time to haul his ass out.

Geoff managed to get several yards away before another crash echoed. He glanced back before heading into town.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:02:33 PM by Evnamishko »

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 09:40:13 PM »
Xander slowly turned around and gave a half-hearted shrug. "Not exactly running with a group at the moment, going to get a group would be a massively stupid risk to take. So again, can I go?"