The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fursuit Recommendations?  (Read 2205 times)

Offline pentrep

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
Fursuit Recommendations?
« on: June 15, 2016, 05:45:20 PM »
Hello all, I am currently in the process of having a fursuit quoted. I've gotten 3 responses, once of which I'm going to discredit because the completion time is over a year long. So the two in question are using Morefurless and bycats4cats. I am having a fullsuit done MFL quoted me 3100, including shipping, while BC4C quoted me $2780 which I'm not sure if it includes shipping or not. More or less they are asking for the same thing with some minor changes like a fan in the snout from BC4C and a kidneybelt/tail attachment from MFL. MFL is quoting me a completion time estimating early 2017 while BC4C quotes me late September this year. From what I've seen MFL is very reputable and has a lot of famous suits floating around and BC4C is much smaller and more homey. The BC4C suits also look pretty generic/standard and run of the mill while most MFL suits look pretty unique from my perspective. But I'm not entirely sure who to go with. Time really isn't an issue and the price difference isn't much if the end result is worth the increase. So what do you guys think? Who should I go with?

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Fursuit Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 05:53:09 PM »
To be honest, it seems like you have already weighed out that both cost around the same amount (I would ask that other one if shipping is included though, just in case).
And time doesn't seem to be an issue, yet you still disregarded the third maker, because completion time takes over a year, whereas another will finish the suit in 2017 as well.

Either way, it seems you like both, I would simply suggest to just go with the one which style you like the most. Especially moreso if nothing else matters.
:)
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline pentrep

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 12:27:42 AM »
It's hard to say. BC4C seems pretty generic but I like the way they handle digigrade suits. It's much less pronounced then other companies that I've researched. MFL seems to be more unique and artsy. My character is a cub, which I know is going to be hard to pull off in a fursuit lookswise. But I'm really compulsive so I want to be happy with my purchase. I'm fine with waiting 6 months but the whole year thing seemed a bit off to me.

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Recuperating
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 01:25:30 AM »
A freind of mine had a MFL suit commissioned, and they worked with her a lot to get her fursuit the way she liked, I'm sure that's the case for BC4C as well. Just imagine what your suit might look like in each of their styles, that's pretty much the best advice I can give you. Either way, they both make great suits :)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 05:52:02 AM »
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/5469223/ is a great place to research various makers. There's quite may reviews for both of those you mentioned so if you haven't already, do consider reading though what their previous customers has had to say about them.

Honestly, I time shouldn't really be a factor. It's custom hand made suits and all the major makers usually have long queues meaning wait times tend to be quite long indeed. A year to complete isn't all too unheard of really tbh.

The most important factor in getting a suit is getting something you will be happy with. Every maker has their own niche and unique style and ultimately that's what you're buying when you buy a suit - You shouldn't limit yourself to which maker has the lowest price or can get it done the fastest (you'll just end up regretting it later). Instead take your time and pick the maker whom you feel will be able to best recreate your fursona. Look at their previous work and decide if you think it would look good for you or not, basically.

This image is also pretty good for comparing how different makers differ in style:
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline pentrep

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 01:04:50 PM »
Thank you for your input, everyone.