The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Game makers?  (Read 6186 times)

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Equal Oppertunity Romantic
    • Awards
  • Species: Possum
  • Currently: Lurking...
Game makers?
« on: June 11, 2016, 04:07:00 PM »
As a random question any game makers out there? of Rpg variety or whatever.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Game makers?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 04:09:06 PM »
I haven't made a game yet, but I have messed around now and again in a variety of programs to make fun little small things. If that counts :P
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 04:10:40 PM »
getting the urge to do arts for an rpg or whatever so was curious if anyone was doing something off hand

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 04:16:26 PM »
Ahw man, same here xD
As of which, there is always RPG Maker if you would always like to try it yourself.

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 04:17:15 PM »
indeed, not sure if i wanna be takling both though lol

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 04:35:19 PM »
Haha, no worries, I understand.
I'm currently still busy with a lot of drawing projects, putting in a game any time soon isn't going to happen, but it's on the planning to some day get there though!

Anyways, good luck searching for someone who makes games. If anything, if they need/want another artist on board, feel free to contact me :P

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 04:55:33 PM »
I've been working on a game (on and off) and have other game ideas, (one started, almost finished, but never ended up doing it)

The game I started making last year I made with 3 other friends, I was the lead. It was a maze game where you played a particle and used concepts derived from quantum mechanics to solve classically impossible mazes. It was good but we got diverged by one of our members and the project fell through, thinking of starting it up again at some stage.

The game I'm currently working on is more of a passion project than a game, it's a game that in a way I never really intend to release, but something I intend to work on for a very long time. Basically it's a sci-fi RPG top-down shooter, based in a universe that I've been building since I was 5. I've worked on it for 3 months and then have had a break since uni started again, but will get back into it soon. I currently have a quest system, inventory system, a basic map (for the first world), combat system, basic weapons, basic enemies, enemy spawners, dialogue system, and so forth. A lot of the structure is there, what I need to focus on right now is perfecting the combat system, making it fun.

I describe the games mechanics as "Imagine the original fallouts (fallout 1 and 2) with the combat of Crimsonland (or alien swarm if you don't know crimsonland)). Basically it's a top down shooter, open world quest-driven sci-fi RPG. You go to different "hubs" which are several large maps filled with quests, each hub represents a planet or a location on a planet (the hubs usually are only a small section of the planet). You do quests, participate in challenges, go on hunting sprees, meet new aliens, collect items, level up and so forth. The game is story-driven but because of the top-down shooter style will offer a unique combination of "endless waves of enemies" and "political intrigue" like quests. It will actually be quite fun if I imagine it correctly, imagine going from just being able to defeat a few enemies at a time, to near the end literally having hundreds of enemies on one screen charge at you and you mowing them down with your power. It has "magic" (but scientifically explained) elements, as well as knowledge-based elements, it may even have an RTS-like minigame in it but haven't decided fully whether to implement that yet.

The setting of the game is relatively complex but in a nutshell is this. Humanity has gained space travel, however earth is destroyed (not completely, but it is basically uninhabitable), only a few remainder of humanity are left occupying a small star-system in the corner of the galaxy. Despite humans small numbers they're still civil wars between humans, humans also have migrated to other races and thus become relatively wide-spread, over 30% of humanity are refugees to other races, living among them. The two major races that exist besides humanity are the Xenox and the Symbias, who are preparing to go to war with each other. The Xenox represent a nomadic conglomerate with no real unified government, however they act in unison through exchanges with different "nation" leaders, they are the most populated race, with more numbers than any other race in this area of the galaxy. Symbias, however, are the most powerful, they are sort of the opposite of the Xenox, with many races living under the one banner in a unified government. Lead by the mysterious and otherworldy "Minders", a majority of their ranks are made up of "Troopers" (these were names made by humans) who are also known as "C's" because of their rank in the Symbias hierarchy (They are third highest). Troopers have an inherently submissive nature and are generally not as intelligent as humans or Xenos, but they do surprise with some Troopers (such as Arkios, one of the main protagonists/antagonists (depending on your alligences) in the game) taking up leadership rolls. Strikers make up the 2nd in command and are extremely intelligent and powerful (though not very numerous) creatures, who often get into political struggles with the Minders.

One of the central themes of the game is the war between the Xenox and Symbias, in which you can play a pivotal role in. Basically the Symbias is the ones who destroyed earth and drove humanity to near extinction, they did so to gather resources so they could stop trade with the Xenox. The Xenox are preparing to invade that sector so they can monopolize on the resources there and weaken the Symbias's dominance over the galaxy. Meanwhile a splinter group of humanity, known as the United Military Front (keep changing the name though), who possess the largest army that the humans have, want to attack both sides once the war is near conclusion and steal the territory back for the humans. You have to decide what side to go to, you can either side with Arkos and let the Symbias maintain control of the sector in exchange for great reward for the player but at great cost to humanity as a whole. Have the Xenox take the Sector and get an alliance with the humans,  strengthening the humans as a political player but also creating a possibly shaky alliance. Or you can help the splinter group with their charismatic general in retaking the sector for humanity, though seemingly a good idea, a short sighted one as the outlook for humanity holding onto the territory seems dim (and this also increases hostility towards humanity).

The actual story for the player is basically this. You grow up on a farming world with your family, you and your brother go out hunting one night and come across a mysterious stone, upon touching the stone you fall unconscious and wake up realizing you have amazing reality-warping powers. You go back to your house but to only find out that it is burned down and your family killed, your brother is still alive but he has been captured by mysterious agents, you go on a quest throughout the galaxy to find your brother, working across species and races, vanquishing or joining cults, settling wars and maybe even discovering the origin of the universe.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 04:59:14 PM »
Holy sweet wall of text batman! sounds kool though, thinking of doing a choice based rpg based on the Rp i'm running in the big kids section.

Offline Sadephanie

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • I'm a trans Silver Fox and I'm proud of it!!
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Silverish Grey/white
  • Height: 5"7
  • Weight: 115lbs
  • Build: girly but strong
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 12:43:18 AM »
I've several times gotten into making an RPG Game with heavy emphasis on choices, either leading you down a path of darkness or light. With the Dark path being canon to the next game in the series (I love Darker stories) but I always lose my flare for it along the way, partly to do with me being busy with other things, but more so because I run out of filler things. An Artist for tiles and the like is something I've always needed, but haven't quite had.
Please take the time to visit my YouTube Channel! Every single bit of help counts and means so much to me! :3

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ4H5AquU4zaaV2Q-9LQtBA

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 12:45:28 AM »
I would  love to but my computer  just exploded so im out of commission  for a while.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 12:46:38 AM »
Not really making a game but I am part of a team (I'm not that important but I do some stuff) that works  on an huge mod for GTA V.
It would replace the whole map with the map of a Belgian city called ghent, the project is called Ghent Theft Auto

Offline Sadephanie

• Avid Aardvark
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 12:47:33 AM »
People respond here so quickly.. gosh.. o.O and lol I understand how that is, my current Laptop broke right after I got it fixed twice in a row, I haven't moved it from the spot it's in right now since the last time it was fixed due to paranoia XD
Please take the time to visit my YouTube Channel! Every single bit of help counts and means so much to me! :3

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2016, 12:55:07 AM »
Ill keep  you in mind when  im running  again 

Offline Sadephanie

• Avid Aardvark
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 12:57:20 AM »
All right! Thank you! :D

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 06:20:23 AM »
Me and my best friend will most likely make w co-op first person rpg one day, with me on art and story and him on code, he is an programer and although my drawing skills aint that good, im good with concept art and story, obviesly we will need animation more programmers a better artist and a pr team, but we will do it!
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!