The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hellsing [Ultimate OVA]  (Read 4296 times)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Hellsing [Ultimate OVA]
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 09:13:44 AM »
Which one do you mean?
The one made around 2001/2002?

I've seen it, and it was terrible XD
At the time it was ok to watch, but what it was all leading up to and the ending? Like what the hell was that about!
._.
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Build: Normal
  • Currently: I wanna learn to code dammit x3
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 09:19:04 AM »
XD yep I was talking about it ;p

I haven't watched it myself but I heard it followed the manga but at some point they stopped and were making up the plot ;p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Avatar by: Nana (from furry amino)
  • Signature art by: Fable

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 09:28:30 AM »
You heard right! It was terrible >_>
You can watch it if you want, but it's not worth it in my opinion XD

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 06:53:12 AM »
I haven't actually seen the anime but I absolutely adore TFS's abridged version of it, it's probably their best work and is hilarious.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 07:50:42 AM »
XD a friend of mine watches that and he told me it's very good..

If I am not mistaken the TFS parody is not finished yet and that TFS releases one Hellsing abridged every year and I think they kinda mock how Hellsing got released too.. (like Hellsing ultimate took years to be completed.. release schedule was like 1 episode per 2 years or something :p )

As for the parody I haven't watched it myself... (yet) ;p

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 02:22:11 PM »
I haven't actually seen the anime but I absolutely adore TFS's abridged version of it, it's probably their best work and is hilarious.

You should also watch the original when you have the chance. It has it's own fun and humour in it too. (Maybe not as much as the TFS version, but still!)

I especially like Mr.Anderson's lines in the original and in the TFS version XD

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 04:30:40 PM »
By the way I happen to have this mouse pad of Alucard ;p

Thought it was cool to share :p

Ah and can someone explain to me what Alucard meant when he said
Spoiler for Hidden:
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Don't know why I put it in spoilers but I think it's kinda of a spoiler in a way :p

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 06:49:02 PM »
Nice! That's what my textile poster is of well :D

As for the quote (which is also on your mouse pad :P), think of this:
Hermes was the Greek messenger god, and if a bird has no wings...  well...
Let's put it this way: Alucard serves the Hellsing Organisation (Integra). He basically is limiting his power and abilities to serve her. His wings have been removed. He's not free, he cannot be used to his full potential. He serves someone else.

Does this make sense?

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 07:28:29 PM »
Yes but what does he mean by "the bird of Hermes" . If you check out of Hermes (the god) he doesn't really have a bird nor he is a bird... he has winged sandals and a winged hat.. So what does he mean when he says "the bird of Hermes"?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:45:01 PM by Vortex Cynbel »

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 07:25:39 PM »
So I was thinking about something.. No matter how good a series/anime/movie is there's always gotta be something in there that you didn't like or that you felt wasn't as good as the rest of the show..

So I was wondering what did you guys didn't like at all about this show? :p Like there's gotta be something right? :p

For me personally I didn't like the slow pace here and there of the anime :p Also the extensive use of guns when they have super powers :p .. Like why bother using a gun when you have super natural abilities? :p

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2017, 05:39:13 PM »
So I was thinking about something.. No matter how good a series/anime/movie is there's always gotta be something in there that you didn't like or that you felt wasn't as good as the rest of the show..

So I was wondering what did you guys didn't like at all about this show? :p Like there's gotta be something right? :p

For me personally I didn't like the slow pace here and there of the anime :p Also the extensive use of guns when they have super powers :p .. Like why bother using a gun when you have super natural abilities? :p

Hmm, well it's actually one of my favourites if not the #1 favourite anime of mine. So I really don't have much to complain about.
The only... hang on...

(OMG SO HARD TO FOCUS WHEN THIS ANNOYING CHANTING/BAD SINGING IS GOING ON IN THE BACKGROUND OUTSIDE VERY LOUDLY.)

The only thing I had issues with was the fact with some blood+gore scenes. The fight with the Dandyman how that ended with the hand thing. I like the over-dramatic effects with the series and sometimes 'overkilling' of certain characters, but some things went a bit too far on the 'painful scale', so to speak.

As for the guns-thing: These guns and their bullets are made to kill vampires. They're necessary for all characters n the series with campires as enemies (which is everyone's enemies :P). Maybe Alucard can absolutely obliterate someone without his guns, but there's a catch.
Remember, once he activates his powers he only does so when he's allowed to. Plus I think he really enjoys his guns, as is shown when Walter gives him a new one.
As for Seras she only gains full special powers later on, she cannot kill vampires without any guns, but you also see she stops using her huge weapons when fully 'turned'.

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Spectacled Flying Fox
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
  • Height: 6' 00"
  • Weight: 185
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2017, 02:21:43 AM »
IRONY! So I've been cosplaying as Alucard (and different versions of him, from Rio to Dracula - all Manga/OVA versions) since 2006. :O

My friend from band in middle school introduced me to the manga, and then I followed it from the original TV through to the OVAs. Pity what happened with Geneon and the subsequent mess that was the struggle to get the last ones out. We had to wait so long. :\

Anyhoo, I loved it. A few places in the OVA coulda been better, namely a couple scenes that were actually quite brief in the manga that were focused on far too much for extra shock and awe value. I'd have stuck closer to the source material there. But honestly it's still awesome.

And Iscariot needs WAY more love. But I thought that the way Iscariot came off in the OVA was brilliant. The different knights were SO badass, and Anderson and Rinaldo were AMAZING. Still felt bad for Maxwell, but he went crazy. And it worked well in the show.

Also, I never got why a Catholic turned vampire who was destroyed by a Catholic and a Texan ended up working for the Catholic's family who is now mysteriously Protestant.... but that's a different topic all together. lol

Anyway, I reminded my best friend of it when we had started really getting close and chatting about cosplay ages ago, and now she's been working on Blood Seras (Nori, for those who don't know), and I'm finally finishing my old dream cosplay of Vladicard. :D Sadly we won't be able to do con together this year, but we're doing our Seras/Vladicard duo next year at con!

..... also I preordered and own #28 of 666 OVA pocketwatches that were made ages ago. lol

And I won 2008 Anime Expo Masquerade Ball Prince as my Masquerade Alucard.

If you can't tell, I've loved Hellsing for quite some time.

Post Merge: March 12, 2017, 02:30:14 AM

If we're sharing stuff. :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 02:31:40 AM by Calun Vampyrum »
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2017, 10:20:19 AM »
This pocket watch is SO COOL!
I really love the design and how the incorporated the pentagram Alucard has on his hands and all to it's circular design ^_^

Also I'll have to admit that Anderson was such a badass :p that's why he is one of my favorite characters in this series..

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Spectacled Flying Fox
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
  • Height: 6' 00"
  • Weight: 185
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2017, 05:00:04 AM »
:D Isn't it? I was pretty lucky to catch it early on in the selling phase. Though I think it wasn't too popular even for being super limited. It was still up for sale and even discounted like... two years after it was up. XD But I love the little coffin that it holds it in too. It's all very reliable and well made.

And he really is. I love that in every real sense, Anderson is probably the one who's the most 'good' in the series. Still a zealot, but definitely shows the most restraint and honor. (like when he stood up for Integra in the midst of the war, and even basically calls out the others on it lol)
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2017, 04:12:28 PM »
I agree although..

In the end he got blinded by power. He decided to throw his humanity away just to find a chance to defeat Alucard. This was something that really bothered me since I expected Anderson to die honored not like this...