The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My first Awakening  (Read 6481 times)

Offline Kittenthetigress

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Promote Love. Abolish Hate. Believer of One Love
    • Awards
  • Species: White Bengal Tiger
  • Coloring: White and black stripes
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 250
  • Build: Curvy and muscular, wide hips, slim waist, moderately busty
  • Currently: Lonely and lost.
My first Awakening
« on: May 26, 2016, 08:46:03 AM »
So... this is my first time coming to terms with the fact that I feel like I have an alternate animal persona that for whatever reason I'm ultimately ashamed of. I've felt that I have the personality and mannerisms of a tiger since I was 14 years old. I've ultimately felt connected with the species for YEARS. I'm now 22 and I feel as though I do not belong. It first happened to me at the Oregon Zoo. Staring at the tiger i felt as though he were trying to speak to me. Like he wanted to communicate and so i sat and i listened for a while. Of course i never understood what he was trying to communicate. Later that night I had a dream that i had been transformed into a beautiful tigeress. And i felt at home in that body. I don't know how I should feel or react to this. I need advice from others to make me feel accepted and not like this isn't something that really happens. TIA for the help... I can use all I can get
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:22:59 AM by Kittenthetigress »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: My first Awakening
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 04:22:21 PM »
Well that's odd that nobody has replied. Maybe they haven't seen the topic... I'm not really sure what to say. How deep did that connection go? I don't really want to go into religion with this ,but. We were all once at peace with the animals of the earth, to what extent? I dunno I wasn't alive then. If it helps any... there are times I feel like my body is not the one I am in either. But the reality is we are both human, crazy? maybe (In my opinion everyone is a little ,crazy,stupid..... insert random insulting word here) Unfortunately I cannot help you ,but I hope this post gets the attentions of others.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 08:10:26 AM »

So... this is my first time coming to terms with the fact that I feel like I have an alternate animal persona that for whatever reason I'm ultimately ashamed of. I've felt that I have the personality and mannerisms of a tiger since I was 14 years old. I've ultimately felt connected with the species for YEARS. I'm now 22 and I feel as though I do not belong. It first happened to me at the Oregon Zoo. Staring at the tiger i felt as though he were trying to speak to me. Like he wanted to communicate and so i sat and i listened for a while. Of course i never understood what he was trying to communicate. Later that night I had a dream that i had been transformed into a beautiful tigeress. And i felt at home in that body. I don't know how I should feel or react to this. I need advice from others to make me feel accepted and not like this isn't something that really happens. TIA for the help... I can use all I can get
The only advice I have is embrace it. I had felt a similar connection to canines, wolves in particular, before I even knew what a therian was. And I feel that near communication too. I have three dogs, and we kind of have our own language. If you do decide to embrace your wild side (for lack of a better term, I'm still pretty new to this myself) you are going to feel your animal come out more often and stronger. For me, it's such a great feeling. A clear, powerful mind, urges which can range from run to let's go kill something (needless to say, I refused that last urge) and increased physical abilities. I can feel him just as I'm talking about it.

Now, since I'm a wolf and you appear to be a tiger, you will have different experiences. I wasn't sure about it when I was getting into it. I'm so glad I unleashed Kyr'am (what I named my wolf) now. It feels great.

Offline Kittenthetigress

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:20:08 AM »
What I fear most is the rejection of my closest friends and family. Up to this point I have allowed myself to shift freely in private. I understand the instinct to want to kill, being tigerkin that rushes through me whenever I see something I consider to be prey but I supress those feelings. More or less I wish that I could wear a tail and have that be an okay thing because that's the part of myself that I'm missing. Well...minus fur and paws and whiskers and such. I'm trying my best to embrace my new found love for my tigerkin side of my personality. I just find it difficult to always hide her away. I've named her Kitten Marie. She's beautiful, majestic, strong, cunning, sexual and above all confident of her abilities. I just don't know how to bring her out more without giving myself away.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:29:59 AM »

I see a couple options. Just keep it secret, or slowly reveal a little at a time. I have four wolf shirts, and I wear them a ton. My family knows I absolutely love wolves. I've even said a couple times that I feel like I have the power of a wolf inside me, and I compare myself to wolves sometime. And they have seen firsthand my ability to communicate with dogs.

Just start getting tiger themed whatever so it's obvious you love them, which no one thinks is weird. And start making the occasional comparison between yourself and tigers. And just slowly show a little more every now and then. Much safer than one day walking up to someone and saying "Oh, and I feel like I'm actually a tiger". Just slowly let them make the connect between you and tigers, and things should move forward.

Oh, and for now, no one knows I'm a therian, and only one of the six other people in the house know I'm a furry, so keeping it secret while you slowly introduce the connection is quite possible.

Offline Kittenthetigress

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 09:46:08 AM »
Well that's odd that nobody has replied. Maybe they haven't seen the topic... I'm not really sure what to say. How deep did that connection go? I don't really want to go into religion with this ,but. We were all once at peace with the animals of the earth, to what extent? I dunno I wasn't alive then. If it helps any... there are times I feel like my body is not the one I am in either. But the reality is we are both human, crazy? maybe (In my opinion everyone is a little ,crazy,stupid..... insert random insulting word here) Unfortunately I cannot help you ,but I hope this post gets the attentions of others.
It was a very spiritual connection with the Tigers. I felt as though they were calling out to me. I felt so bad seeing them there trapped in a cage. As I know tigers are predators they shouldn't be locked away, they should be allowed to hunt and live as tigers do.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 03:02:31 PM »
I'm not sure how exactly to describe my wolf connection. However, it really, REALLY ticks me off when I see someone who has killed a wolf. Like I want to at least scream in their face (my family calls me the drill sergeant, so they would NOT like me in their face) or even physically attack them. It's almost like they messaged with a part of my or my family.

Offline Kittenthetigress

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 03:14:49 PM »
I'm not sure how exactly to describe my wolf connection. However, it really, REALLY ticks me off when I see someone who has killed a wolf. Like I want to at least scream in their face (my family calls me the drill sergeant, so they would NOT like me in their face) or even physically attack them. It's almost like they messaged with a part of my or my family.
I feel this way when I see things about poachers. It enrages me. I wish the same fate upon the poachers to be hunted and skinned so that they can see what it's like to live in fear. Twisted I know but I mean life is sacred and people just don't give a rats patoot

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 04:59:12 PM »
There was something recently about a girl getting hurt by a coyote... I'm betting the coyote didn't do anything unprovoked I bet the child tried something Animals are generally afraid of 'bigger' humans, so what do we do? We hunt them down... I wonder what would happen if the tables had been reversed that the coyotes moved into our territory built buildings and things in our home..... we built our cities and towns on THEIR LAND! If you can't share it move someplace without animals I dunno say Antarctica?

Yeah I hate poachers too and I strongly dislike Taxidermy ,but... it's better than poaching (If it's not a hunting trophey)
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Kittenthetigress

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 10:43:29 PM »
There was something recently about a girl getting hurt by a coyote... I'm betting the coyote didn't do anything unprovoked I bet the child tried something Animals are generally afraid of 'bigger' humans, so what do we do? We hunt them down... I wonder what would happen if the tables had been reversed that the coyotes moved into our territory built buildings and things in our home..... we built our cities and towns on THEIR LAND! If you can't share it move someplace without animals I dunno say Antarctica?

Yeah I hate poachers too and I strongly dislike Taxidermy ,but... it's better than poaching (If it's not a hunting trophey)
I love animals. it hurts me to see animals hurt

Offline David Le Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Red Fox
  • Coloring: Orange w/ long blue hair, white tipped tail, ears and wings, white mouth and chest/stomach
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 149
  • Build: Skinny, Feminine features
  • Currently: Why do spiders keep crawling onto me? Dammit Australia T.T
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 01:42:24 PM »
I don't know what good it'll do since this topic is a little old but I've experienced the same feelings but with foxes, hence my fursona being a fox, I've just felt this sort of conection with foxes that I can't explain or even really understand, but I don't know if it would be an appropriate leap to conclude that I'm an otherkin

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 02:44:37 PM »
Otherkin are not real animals. Serials, dragons, elves, vampires, werewolves, etc. You, if you are, would be a therian. Therians are real animals. Wolves, tigers, foxes s, etc.

Offline David Le Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Orange w/ long blue hair, white tipped tail, ears and wings, white mouth and chest/stomach
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2016, 02:49:51 PM »
Oh, didn't know that, thank you for that information

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 03:21:25 PM »
Happy to help. And trust me, when you go start looking on therian sites, you are going to suffer from information overload. Take your journey slowly

Offline David Le Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2016, 03:23:01 PM »
^.^ thanks for the warning