The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fursuit Emergency Kit  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Fursuit Emergency Kit
« on: May 22, 2016, 11:23:48 AM »
So while I'm investigating what kind of materials I need to bring with me to a convention or fair for when my fursuit breaks a bit or needs some cleaning, I was wondering if anyone here has any tips for things to take along when they go with a fursuit?

So it has to be a (reasonable small) kit or box or bag, containing all the necessities in order to fix a fursuit up quickly and to clean it (due to the suit getting dirty by accident (e.g. by food) or just getting a bit smelly from wearing it).
Please write down any tips or materials you take along with you ^_^

Things I think one should probably take along:
(Will update this list when more things are mentioned)

• Thread and needle
  • Some kind of deodorant(?)
  • Some kind of fungal-killing spray (for the shoes?)
  • Brush
  • Water (bottle) + straws (in case of fursuiting)
  • Some special glue(?) in case the rubber soles of the feet get loose or whatnot
  • (...)

I want to be able to create a good kit myself for when I'm going to a con where I'm far away from home and can't fix things while at said con. I felt it would also be a nice idea to write this down somewhere so people can use this thread for whenever they already have a fursuit but have no kit yet, or if they are getting a fursuit and want to get a kit together as well.
I have indeed noticed recently, but throughout the years as well, that people are wondering what they should take with them. That's why I made this thread, to combine all the information in a neat little checklist, so it's easy to find and look-up what someone needs ^^

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 12:12:49 PM by Ventus Fall »
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
Re: Fursuit Emergency Kit
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 12:44:35 PM »
Here's a pretty thorough and organized checklist :)

In replace of a water bottle, you can get a camelbak, or there's also hyrdrapaks (camelbaks are generally only 72 oz or highter, hydrapaks are smaller), which are a flexible water bladder with a long tube and a bite valve. The bite valve keeps the water from escaping unless you bite on the mouthpiece :) You can have the tube running from your backpack over your shoulder and drink by putting the straw through the front of your mouth, or if you have room, have the tube go inside your suit and kind of rest next to your mouth, so you just have to tilt your head a bit and grab the mouthpiece :P

For a spray, if you can make your own, do that, because febreeze breaks down materials a bit faster than normal. Don't take my word on this, but I think it's 2 parts cleaning alcohol, two parts water, and one part essential oil to make it smell good. But there's guides on youtube for mixing them, the one I use is done by Pocari Roo :) You probably don't need it -with you-, but if you go to a headless lounge or something and want to  do a quick clean of your suit, a small spray bottle works nice!
You probably don't need to bring glue, unless it's a small tube. A needle can hold up pretty well until you get back to wherever you're staying. And if you're rushing or anything like that, you could -possibly-  glue it wrong and that''d suck. A thimble is a good idea if you just want to bring a needle and thread, so you can push through whatever material you need to.

Generally for me (my... two times suiting somewhere XD) I have a modified harness backpack with a hydrapak water bottle, a sewing kit, one-two snacks, one of those water spray fans, and a small comb. I'll bring a thing of cleaning spray when I go to a con :P
I'll see if I can post a picture sometime later :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 12:53:09 PM by Nori »