The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Graphics Tablet not working on new computer  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
Graphics Tablet not working on new computer
« on: May 10, 2016, 01:45:57 PM »
Hey all!
I recently bought a new computer to play games and whatnot (HP Envy 750se Desktop), and a 27 inch monitor. I figured it'd be easier to see when I draw with the bigger monitor, so I tried to plug in my Wacom Bamboo Pen drawing tablet. My computer 'read' it, but the connection in the tablet is bad and it disconnected. Now the pen works fine, but Clip Studio/Manga Studio does not register the pressure sensitivity. I tried to do the same thing when it wouldn't work on my laptop, but nothing worked. When I plug in the tablet, the driver does not show in the My Computer folder, nor does the Bamboo Creator window come up. It's almost like my computer doesn't read the tablet, and yet the cursor moves with the pen. Just the pressure does not work, which is kind of important. :P
I'm starting to think the driver didn't install correctly when the cord kept coming out, but the Wacom web site doesn't have a driver for Bamboo Pen. I'm thinking of getting a new tablet, but now I'm not sure if it will install, since my current one didn't work.
So, my question is if anyone knows another thing to try, or if it would be fine with buying a new tablet?

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Graphics Tablet not working on new computer
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 05:46:41 PM »
Hey :)

I think it is a driver problem, I have that too sometimes when the driver is all done fudged up or whatever.
Wacom does have a driver for the Bamboo on their site, so I'm a bit confused why you can't find it xD But let me link you: http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers
(If you're in the US, but let me know if you're in a different region :))

As of which, Wacom support is always rather helpful and quick to respond (in my experience), so I would suggest before buying a new tablet that you first contact them personally by sending them an e-mail or calling them. Calling usually us faster :P

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 07:46:07 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I saw those drivers, but I could not find one for Bamboo Pen, and I tried to instal a different Bamboo driver, but nothing changed. I sent them an e-mail a while ago, but since it was a refurbished and outdated model (I bought it back in 2007 refurbished) they couldn't do a whole lot; they helped me through some troubleshoot problems, but Clip Studio still never could read the pressure on it. :'(

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 08:08:28 PM »
That's a pretty old model indeed.

If it stopped working with a computer you know it did work with before. Does it work in any other programs? Because if so it might be Clip Studio that isn't working correctly.

And if it doesn't work on a computer that you know it did work in before, it might be that the tablet is showing its age and, unfortunately, is starting to break.

Apart from that, try reinstalling the driver indeed and if nothing fixes it, might just be time for something newer.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 09:53:39 PM »
Hey Timmy!
It still works with my laptop perfectly fine, but I might just go ahead and buy a new one anyway, thinking about it. The connector for the cord inside the tablet is wonky and I have to hold it in place while I use it, otherwise it disconnects. I can't find the driver for my specific model of tablet on the Wacom site, or any other site for that matter XD And nothing shows up when I plug it in to my new computer, whereas on my laptop, I get the usual bamboo welcome page and whatnot. Thanks for the response:)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 09:57:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I saw those drivers, but I could not find one for Bamboo Pen, and I tried to instal a different Bamboo driver, but nothing changed. I sent them an e-mail a while ago, but since it was a refurbished and outdated model (I bought it back in 2007 refurbished) they couldn't do a whole lot; they helped me through some troubleshoot problems, but Clip Studio still never could read the pressure on it. :'(

Ah, I see, I didn't think you meant 'just' the Bamboo Pen tablet, sorry ^^;
Hmm, well that's a shame. And I also see you replied just now as well again. Maybe... yeah... buying a new tablet... You could always, if you're curious, to call them. I am curious to see what they say :P  But eitherway, whatever you choose as a new tablet, if you do get one, I hope it works very well ;P
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter