The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Stand Tall RP Thread  (Read 5153 times)

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
Stand Tall RP Thread
« on: April 19, 2016, 04:31:29 PM »
Midday. The sun was high above the city. A barrage of heat battered it's inhabitants as they slowly went about their daily lives. Some were young adults heading off to new jobs, filled with determination to make it in the world, others were teenagers who had skipped class and were busy lounging around wherever there was space, and everything else in between. The sky was pretty much cloudless, leaving there little to no shade for people to seek protection in, so they had to make do with the shadows cast by buildings. There was dull calm atmosphere to everything. It was one of those days that just dragged on far too long, the heat, the dull drag to everything that came with it, it just all added up to make a slow day.

One person however was no feeling sluggish due to the heat, instead it made him feel restless and irritated. That, or maybe it was the fact he was cooped up in a holding cell. Most likely it was both. The white wolf wasn't exactly alone in the cell, but he was being left alone. Not because he had made it clear that he wanted to be, although he had, but because something strange was happening to the kid. As he sat up from the cot he was laying down on, a bottle of water moved across the air and placed itself into his hand. The other captives in the cell had watched it move towards him all by itself and backed as far away from him as they could. It was clear to them that he was strange, and he could do strange things like that, they didn't want to find out if he could use that on them.

Truth be told, Xander didn't have a clue what the hell was going on. Stuff like that had been happening all day. He shrugged to himself as a bead of sweat dropped from a strand of his fur and onto the floor. This big, green thing had been following him around and doing stuff like this, as well as throwing a guy who attacked him down an alleyway. It was more than a little weird but, he was grateful. Before he could go and unscrew the cap, the big green guy went to undo it for him, which resulted in the bottle ending up crushed and the wolf soaked in water. The blank, smooth surface that was the thing's face just stared at him, as if it was surprised by what happened. Xander just shrugged, it was one way to deal with the heat, he supposed.

The bottle dropped to the floor as a thought went through Xander's mind. I wonder if the guy this big lug tossed around ended up on the news?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 06:30:22 PM by Grovygrunge »

Offline Kromas Ndorai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • "マッキントッシュプラス"
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Thought Errant
  • Currently: Bringing the A E S T H E T I C
Re: Stand Tall RP Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 05:06:33 PM »
Durundal was, all in all, pretty damn tired. Not energy-wise, but tired of the same-ness that seemed to keep reoccurring. He felt as though he had walked down this back alley a million times, and his weary feet felt the same. Not that he could communicate that.

"STARVE THE SUN! DROWN THE MOON!"

Yeah, that seemed about right. Its not as if Durundal could really control what he was saying, let alone form somewhat comprehensible conversation. He continued walking down the alley, finally emerging into a sun-soaked plaza. Not much traffic. Good- he didn't want another one of those incidents. Well, the sword did. Ever since it had.... Attached itself to him, life had been getting more and more unbearable. First went the family, then the friends, and finally his sanity. Fun.

"I'LL CONDUCT A SYMPHONY!"

Yeah, sure, whatever. He kept walking, now actively trying to restrain his verbal outbreaks. At least it could be worse.  Before he had gone a whole day screaming the word Poop. He didn't even understand what had triggered it, but his throat had bled, grating him mercy. That probably taught the sword not to try that again. He thought back to the time when this first started- the sword, the madness, the uncontrollable screaming of various insults and whatnot. He had tried to be helpful. He had tried to be nice. But no, of course it didn't work out.

He sat down on a bench, placing one hand over his eyes, and rested out of the sun.
The UK economy is composed of
several multi-billion dollar industries;
                  poetry isn't one of them
  - aesthetic bailout by Johnny Noiπ

Do you dare defy the Prince's rule?

Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 07:18:23 PM »
Not too far from the jail stood the run down ruins of a defunct factory. All was quiet aside from the occasional scurry of a feral rat and the steady breathing of a dust-coated sleeping bear sprawled out in a storage room. That's Geoffrey, or Geoff for short -- Not the rat, the bear.
He grunted as he awakened, his eyes catching only a glimpse of the ceiling before shutting again. Yet another groggy, discomforting day awaited him, and he wasn't looking forward to it. If he let himself, he could spend the day barely moving an inch. He had no schedule to commit to, and it wasn't like he had anything new to see.

His hand weakly slid toward his water bottle, only managing to push it further away until it tumbled with a hollow bounce and rolled away. He gave a disappointed groan at the sound and peeled his sweat-soaked back off the floor to zombie stare at the bottle for a long moment. He had no choice but use his remaining energy to find water. This thirst would plague his mind if he didn't do so in the next minute.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:23:29 PM by Evnamishko »

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 07:24:43 PM »
Skilled, successful, those are the words used to describe this draconic mercenary. Owner of the most famed Merc group, Angelic Demons, Razuel Dracon stands amongst the most powerful and rich wealthy people, as well as one of the nicest, but few actually know his face... and for a good reason.

Razuel had just finished with one of his jobs and decided to go to a local park in town, but heard a set of TVS through a story window, talking about the current news of people falling I'll to a 'seemingly' new virus, Raz had stopped to listen to the TVS,  amongst others, but decided to leave when the news anchor on the TV started to talk about Raz, or rather what Raz's last job involved; a warehouse fire on the edge of town.

As Raz was nearing the last turn to where the park was, he heard profanic yelling and saw a lion rounding a corner into an alleyway screaming, Raz decided to follow this individual and when he came out of the alleyway and saw a lion sitting on a bench and began to walk towards him, leading up to the lion, "Excuse me, Sir, but are you alright?", he said in a calm tone.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:45:01 PM by Razuel »

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 07:41:40 PM »
Wallace Griffin, a Tiger, about age 34. there is a lot you can say about Wallace Griffin. He is rich, successful, one of the big oil Tycoons, he was supposedly quite charitable, though it was probably an act. Perhaps the most important thing though, was he was paranoid, with good reason; A lot of people would want him dead. Its no surprise that when doing a business meeting to buy out what Angder believed was a local company here in the city, he elected to take a body guard with him. He was probably quite happy with his choice, sitting here, feeling perfectly safe in another company's meeting room. What he would probably have been less pleased with, if he could see it, was the small green dragon currently doing circles round his head.

"So. your asking for 5 Million. For just your eastern division" Wallace, states, obviously disappointed. Even from where Angder was standing, by the door, several meters away, It was clear Wallace was upset. "When we spoke last, you were convinced the west would be ready to sell."

"There has been a change of plans" said the cheetah, across the table from Wallace. The fact is an entire board of directors was here, sitting patiently watching Wallace and Angder, he could see them making judgements about those before them. even with the huge glass window, and plenty light in the room, the place felt... cold.
 "You see, our western predictions, seemed to have been incorrect." The cheetah continued. "and given the current situation, we could not lose such a valuable asset."
Angder shifted, feeling slightly uncomfortable in his suit, he adjusts his sunglasses, just in time to see the... dragon... do another swoop past Wallace's head. The dragon was growing more erratic as the meeting went on. Not that it mattered. What's the worst it could do?

Wallace sighed. "Look, I have a deal for you. 15 Million. And I get everything."

Another voice from the board speaks up, It was hard to see from the Angle Angder was at, but it looked like a bird "I'm sorry. But no deal." She states. "To give up the entire company, east, west, and European, would leave us with nothing ne~. The Cheetah interrupts. "twenty-five" He states simply. "That's five for East, 10 for each of the other two sections."

"20 Million is far too much" Wallace replies. "Besides I personally~" "Am really booooored." Angder jumps at the voice behind him. The dragon had swooped round the room and was now clinging to the wall directly behind the wolf, Angder's mouth twitches as he tries to resist the temptation to turn around. "Can't you like... save someones life? I thought this would be exxxxcitting." Angder Tried to keep a perfectly straight face, nonchalantly moving forward slightly, he did not want the thing poking him in the back with its tail. "Business is boooooring"
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Setcho

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Who wants to be normal?
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: Who wants to know >~>
  • Build: Small
  • Currently: I was on the forums before it was cool
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 08:15:23 PM »
Setcho and his feathered friend sat on the roof of a skyline, forgetting their troubles and problems and watching others deal with theirs. Lying in the sun watching the clouds sharing a bite to eat, throwing bits up in the air as the Grphyon catches it in his beak. Everything was in view, the train station, the jail and the warehouses. The perfect spot to catch trouble, if any or just watch the bustling streets.

Offline Tempest (Red Panda)

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Red panda
  • Coloring: Normal red panda coloring, red eyes with gold flecks
  • Height: 3'6"
  • Weight: 30 lbs
  • Build: Has a very curvy, voluptuous body with soft fur
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 04:18:19 PM »
Sits up abruptly and looks out the window. Smiling at the oncoming glow on the dark blue horizon. I quickly pack a small backpack with a blanket, a thermos, some bread and cheese, a book on herbalism, and my knife. I stop halfway out the door and look at my boots, pondering whether or not I should bring them. "Ehh..nah." I shake my head and run out the door on all fours quickly and quietly. My ears perk up and I turn around, seek Balthasar slowly lumbering over the roof towards me. I smile and wait for him. "Good morning." I greet. "This barely morning my dear, but yes, I hope it will be too." His voice deep yet wispy, like an old oak trunk groaning in the wind as its leaves whisper and rustle.

I walked alongside him, adjusting the straps of my backpack and looking up at Balthasar. "How was guarding?" I asked. At nights, when he was soaking up the moon goddess's cool light, he was guarding our home and speaking with the other Stands of the household. "Ah, it was peaceful, I heard the sky shifting and the trees singing and the river rolling. I saw the goddess bless the land with her light as she soared above the fields. I felt the ground breathing and living." He smiled as he spoke in a voice a little louder than a murmur. He spoke slow, as if each set of words was like a big jigsaw puzzle he was putting together. But I loved it. I loved how I could ramble on and on to him and he'll just smile and listen. The moss that grew on his arms swung and brushed my ear. I giggled and flicked my ear. "Where to?" He asked and I shrugged. "Anywhere."

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:24:34 PM by Tempest (Red Panda) »
In case you don't know what red pandas are like, watch this video :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRwiPJkm1WE

Offline Arcizo

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • babadook canterbury
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Shepsky (Shiloh shepherd & Siberian husky mix)
  • Coloring: Purple, dark grey, grey, cyan and orange
  • Height: 6ft 4
  • Weight: 200 lb
  • Build: Lean and a bit muscular
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: happi
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 06:16:00 PM »
Yesterday, Arcizo woke up a normal school-goer, but today was different. Today, after waking up, he started his morning how he would any other: he showered, got dressed, had breakfast and readied his rucksack. After he finished his morning routine he left his house at the usual time of 8:30. He thought to himself "day 62" before stepping out and off of the porch.

After walking for about 10 minutes, listening to music, he glanced over the street seeing a figure staring at him. He thought nothing of it at first and turned a corner. He thought for a second, processing the looks of the figure, and suddenly double backed thinking he knew who it was, but no one was stood there or was even near wear the figure was. Confused, he continued on his way, every now and then checking if anyone suspicious was following him.

Do you know nothing about how fires work?

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 07:11:13 PM »
There was a TV in the holding cell, it was nestled in the corner of the wall, just below the ceiling. Xander was staring up at it idly to past time as his fur and clothes air dried. He wasn't really paying attention to what was on though, something to do with some celebrities.

Suddenly the program was interrupted and replaced with something halfway interesting, Breaking News. Xander sat up and his ears twitched as he started to pay attention. "There's been an update on the situation in Northgate, where people seem to be mysteriously falling sick to some new illness. The local hospital is receiving more and more patients with similar symptoms each day. So far, doctors have reported that the symptoms seem to share similarities with that of the Flu virus and hope that this information will be the key to stopping the spread. More on this story as it develops." The news was then interrupted by the show of celebrities being self absorbed fame jockeys, and all was right in the world.

Xander slouched in the cot again. Northgate, what a hell of a city, guess the fact a kid got beat up isn't quite as importance as all the people getting sick around recently. Once ditching this train of thought, Xander looked for the green guy no one else seemed to be able to see and found it was looking for something. Probably just a towel to dry him off or something. You're not gonna find anything to dry my off with in this place big guy. The big green crystal guy looked over at him and shrugged in response. Wait, you heard that? It nodded. Oh okay, cool. What are you? Why can't anyone else see you? It pointed to the smooth, featureless surface that was the front of it's head. Can't talk... Great. Xander groaned to himself and went to close his eyes when he was interrupted by a sudden crash. One of his eyes peered open to see a police officer entering the holding cell after having just slammed the door open.

"Alright! I dunno how you did it, but one of you punks stole my **censor** wa-" The surly, slightly portly officer noticed the crushed bottle on the floor, by Xander's feet and the fact the wolf himself was dripping wet. "You little punk!" The officer stomped his way over to Xander, rage written all over his contorted features. Xander look over at his latest friend. Hey Green, you can deal with him right? Before he had finished the thought, the crystal man was charged at the officer and slammed one it's fists into the small of his back with enough force to send him through the wall. Once the dust had cleared, light from the outside filled the room. Xander grinned widely and hopped of the cot before nonchalantly walking out of the newly from hole in the jail wall, passing the groaning officer on his way out. "Not bad, Big Green. Not bad at all. I thought I was going to be in their all day." Big Green gave him a thumbs up and Xander decided if this was going to be permanent then it was going to need a better name, however for now Big Green would do.

Offline Kromas Ndorai

• Dancing Dragon
  • "マッキントッシュプラス"
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Thought Errant
  • Currently: Bringing the A E S T H E T I C
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 07:51:47 PM »
Durundal looked up at the person approaching. Dragon. Looked kinda serious. Edgy almost. He wanted to politely turn him away, before anything... Happened.

"MAYBE. GO. PLEADING..."

Durundal looked down. He needed to go. Standing up, he turned his face, with a sorrowful expression, and walked into another alley. He swerved through a few alleys, getting away from the plaza- people like that worried him. Well, not him, as such, but something in that black mess of blade and incessant rambling was worried. A heart, maybe. No- the blade had cleaved what little of that which remained, and cast it to nothingness. It wasn't normal to just turn away like that, but today was hot.

No, he couldn't go around like that, could he? Maybe. Either way, he just needed to keep away from people today. As much as the blade compelled him, something was preventing it. Probably the same place where that worry was harbored.  He checked behind himself, and feeling as though he was alone, he slumped down into a corner. Placing his hands over his head, he bowed his head and felt the cool shade creep over him. For now he would bide his time, and as long as he didn't... Let it have control, he thought he would be fine.
The UK economy is composed of
several multi-billion dollar industries;
                  poetry isn't one of them
  - aesthetic bailout by Johnny Noiπ

Do you dare defy the Prince's rule?

Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 08:06:53 PM »
Raz tried to follow the lion, but ended up losing him through the winding alleyways, he then yelled out, "Please, Sir, don't  run! Just tell me where you are, or at least make some noise so I can find you! You need help!"

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Setcho

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Who wants to be normal?
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: Who wants to know >~>
  • Build: Small
  • Currently: I was on the forums before it was cool
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 02:46:08 PM »
Setcho looked towards the hospital, seeing the constant flashing lights of the increased amounts of ambulances going in and out. In there was his sister, hooked up to a machine coughing her guts up, he knew what it was...what it meant, yet he was powerless to do anything. All his problems all his worries flooded back to him in an instant, looking down onto the street below him fists clenched. The Gryphon nuzzled under his arm, resting its head on his lap. Some how he knew when he was down or upset or even happy, without him he'd be nothing.

Setcho stood up and mounted the Grphyon, with a little kick of his foot they took off into the sky.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 03:25:28 PM »
Raz just stood there, waiting for a response, "He's not going to answer. Let's just leave... I'm tired.", Razuel sighed, "Alright, I guess you're right, Viv. Let's go home.", Raz then made his way out of the alley and back onto the street and began to make his way home, "Would you rather the park, Viv?", "That sounds nice.", Raz then began to make his way to a local park.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 03:29:05 PM »
Geoff began his quest for water in a bathroom within the factory. He figured the water was shut off as typical with most abandoned buildings, but he was desperate and it didn't hurt to try. Upon entering the room, the knob on one of the faucets began slowly twisting to the left as if on its own.

"Heh, thank you."

To his surprise, water began to drip from the spout, and he rushed to the sink without a second thought to fill his bottle. He only filled it half way before going to take a quick drink, but a sudden gust of wind shot the bottle straight out of his hand. He yelped and made a pathetic swipe to catch it, then watched it slam onto the tile floor.
"Wh-why'd yo--oh..."

Upon closer look, the water appeared a slight yellowish color with tiny blackish particles floating around. Certainly not drinkable to one observant enough to notice.
"Damn... Saved me again, bud."
Geoff chuckled as he plucked the bottle out from the mucky puddle and poured the remainder out.

Couldn't be easy, could it? At least he was able to head somewhere less run-down. But that meant being on foot for some time directly exposed to the hellish heat.

He sighed and skipped over the puddle and out the door. "A'ight, let's go."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:30:55 PM by Evnamishko »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 03:48:20 PM »
The dragon took off from the wall,heading for the window. Angder visably relaxed, trying to turn his attention back to the events in front of him.

The Dragon, (It had tried to get itself named, but Angder had flatly refused to acknowledge it with such a thing.), Flew past the window, looking out over the city... then it spotted something, it slowed and clung to the window. Something was taking off not far from here... some kind of... Flying centaur lion thing? Either way, it looked infinitely more interesting than events here. Glancing around, The dragon noticed that the tops of the windows were open. In this heat, they had to be. Crawling to the top of the window, the dragon exited out, swooping after the creature. Curious, and also ready for a fight...

Angder noticed the dragon seemed to have vanished. It was probably sleeping under the table or... Angder noticed the open window, he grins slightly, at least for now he did not have to worry about it. He relaxes a little, the negotiations were going... badly, but that did not stop him getting paid, so he really did not care.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.