The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Share an unpopular opinion!  (Read 13553 times)

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure blooded)
  • Coloring: Dark gray and light gray.
  • Height: 2'4"
  • Weight: 114 lbs.
  • Build: Slender but very fluffy. Feral.
  • Currently: Sad.
Share an unpopular opinion!
« on: March 05, 2016, 11:17:54 PM »
Just as the title says. An explanation would be nice too

I'd prefer if we kept harmful discussion or fighting out of this thread. You may talk about or explain your opinion, but please don't pick a fight. I made this so people can express their opinions without hate or serious discussion. If you must fight, PLEASE take it elsewhere!

To start this off, I'm going to say that I don't really care for anime. I don't hate it, I just never had the chance to watch it until very recently.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:28:20 AM by Silaluk »

Quote from: Sandor on March 05, 2016, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Sandor on March 04, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
Silaluk is too brutal for 90% of this forum.

Actually, make that something like 96%.

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I see no way in which this could go horribly wrong
    • Awards
  • Species: Heraldic Winged Lion
  • Coloring: Tan fur/feathers, brown hair, brown eyes veined with a golden yellow.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 128 Lbs
  • Build: Not exceedingly muscular, but definitely not fat.
  • Currently: Forgotten.
Re: Share an unpopular opinion!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 12:13:19 AM »
I think "triggers" are mostly used to give people an excuse to be angry at someone for something minor.
  • Avatar by: My personal friend SpunkyRaccoon on DeviantArt

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 01:00:41 AM »
I don't believe in good or evil. Fake concepts as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 01:06:39 AM »
I think kids are trying too hard to grow up too fast these days. Too many are worried about social issues and other problems, rather than actually developing themselves or well, enjoying being a kid. I was very mature when I was younger, but I could still have fun.

Also, 7 out of 10 times I can't stand when people preach about equality. Usually what they end up referring to is instead of bringing everyone to the same level, it's all about giving every minority priority and a crutch, while handicapping "Cis-Gender, Straight, White Males/Females." It's like nowadays it's not about Rights, it's about Special Rights. And that's not equality.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 01:09:46 AM »
I think kids are trying too hard to grow up too fast these days. Too many are worried about social issues and other problems, rather than actually developing themselves or well, enjoying being a kid. I was very mature when I was younger, but I could still have fun.

Also, 7 out of 10 times I can't stand when people preach about equality. Usually what they end up referring to is instead of bringing everyone to the same level, it's all about giving every minority priority and a crutch, while handicapping "Cis-Gender, Straight, White Males/Females." It's like nowadays it's not about Rights, it's about Special Rights. And that's not equality.
I agree. Equality should be the equality of EVERYONE. However I guess most people prefer the Orwell quote. "All animals are equal, just some are more equal than others."

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 01:16:32 AM »

I agree. Equality should be the equality of EVERYONE. However I guess most people prefer the Orwell quote. "All animals are equal, just some are more equal than others."

It just crosses me as super hypocritical how stereotypical and "unequal" most of the people who preach about it can be. And god forbid you decide to speak out against it, you'd immediately be labeled an "Everything-Phobe." I can understand being passionate about a cause, but don't be asinine about it. That's why most people can't take them serious to begin with :V

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 01:56:35 AM »
I support legal wolf hunting.

That doesn't mean I support wolf poaching, they're completely different.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:00:26 AM by Silaluk »

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 02:03:04 AM »
I support legal wolf hunting.

That doesn't mean I support wolf poaching, they're completely different.
You have both made me hungry and curious to try something new, that and made me wonder where in the UK I could get wolf meat.

O.T: I think wrong opinions exist. Specifically, if an opinion is largely unfounded with little to nothing to back it up and then is presented as a fact, it's probably wrong.

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 02:08:38 AM »
[size=0px]You have both made me hungry and curious to try something new, that and made me wonder where in the UK I could get wolf meat.[/size][/size]
[size=0px]

It needs to be tenderized, but I don't eat it often. I only eat it when other game is scarce, plus I kind of feel like I'm betraying my wolf-dog, haha.

OT: I'm shamanistic, polytheistic, and animistic.

[/size]

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 02:12:38 AM »
I believe in objective good and evil, everything else in this thread I agree with absolutely as of post 7 (when I started typing). The ability for people to be triggered by honest questions, mistakes, and bluntly by things that should have no bearing on anything, and the... regressive, attempts at equality, could both, ironically, sink real efforts at equality. Not only by giving actual bigots more ammo ("Black people are being given extra liberties! Can't you see how unfair that is for us white people who are in our own nation!") but its making its alienating people who want to support equal rights, drowning them out under a tide of "Triggered". there are people out there who are growing MORE racist due to these so called "SJWs"

the fact that on this very forum I was told "Black people can't be racist" SICKENS me to the core.

To add my own thing, on a similar subject, I honestly only acknowledge 3 genders, male, female, neither/Agender. Its not that I have an issue with people who claim to be "Gender fluid" or "Gender queer" or "Bigender" or whatever, its just that I honestly don't care, and will just use They/them rather than trying to learn an endless tide of meaningless genders, many of which ARE invented just for attention.

All I care about is he/she/they, everything else is a waste of time to everyone except yourself. equally, most men don't walk around screaming about the fact they are men Outside of football matches and other sport, and most women don't make a big deal out of being women, if you are some rarer gender, same thing should apply if you want equal treatment surely?

As for wolf hunting, totally neutral, i don't know enough.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:21:00 AM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 02:18:22 AM »
[size=0px]You have both made me hungry and curious to try something new, that and made me wonder where in the UK I could get wolf meat.[/size]
[size=0px]

It needs to be tenderized, but I don't eat it often. I only eat it when other game is scarce, plus I kind of feel like I'm betraying my wolf-dog, haha.

OT: I'm shamanistic, polytheistic, and animistic.

[/size]

I am a little tempted to ask about those views, besides polytheism, I know what that means, but don't feel this thread is the place. No one likes a derailed thread.

O.T: I'm rather Anti-consumerist. As in I hate the whole materialistic, "I gotta buy me that latest Iphone so people won't judge me" etc culture we have going on in the first world.

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 02:23:46 AM »

Let me explain, as someone who has been up close and personal with wolves and I've shot a few down myself.

Wolves can be used for many different things. Their fur is used for clothing and pelts, their fangs for jewelry and rituals, bones can be used for tools, organs can be donated to research facilities, and their meat is considered a delicacy in my area and in my culture.

Hunting wolves prevents their numbers from growing too large and potentially damaging the herds of deer and elk, and they also surplus kill. Surplus killing happens when a species hunts more animals than they can eat, which upsets the balance of the environment.

Though many people will tell you that the wolves are "innocent", they are quite harmful to the environment if left unchecked.
Just like any species, really.

OT: Going along with Andger, I really hate made-up pronouns like "xe, xen" and "fae". I also hate it when otherkins use pronouns.

I don't think saying "retarded" is that big of a deal.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:30:11 AM by Silaluk »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 02:38:20 AM »

Let me explain, as someone who has been up close and personal with wolves and I've shot a few down myself.

Wolves can be used for many different things. Their fur is used for clothing and pelts, their fangs for jewelry and rituals, bones can be used for tools, organs can be donated to research facilities, and their meat is considered a delicacy in my area and in my culture.

Hunting wolves prevents their numbers from growing too large and potentially damaging the herds of deer and elk, and they also surplus kill. Surplus killing happens when a species hunts more animals than they can eat, which upsets the balance of the environment.

Though many people will tell you that the wolves are "innocent", they are quite harmful to the environment if left unchecked.
Just like any species, really.

funnily enough, this is instinctively what I felt, letting any species grow too powerful in an area causes issues.

Of course us humans know nothing about that :P
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 02:41:28 AM »
I personally believe that long time love, as in like life long love or anything over say 10 years, is truly impossible and just needlessly tying yourself down. As far as I can tell it always breaks down and there's always some struggle to preserve it which makes both sides very bitter. Easier and better for everyone to just break it off on friendly terms, maybe take a break from each other and if possible reconnect as friends.

That's why technologically fueled (and controlled) evolution are so important. But no. People won't ever accept it. That makes me so mad!
Like human augmentation through technology and genetics and such?

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 02:43:30 AM »
Vegetarians/vegans that shove their beliefs down my throat kind of piss me off. I'm not a huge part of the consumerist society who eats cows/chickens/pigs that were stuffed with GMO'd corn before getting sliced and diced by machines with their thousands of brethren. I eat what I catch and I forage, with the occasional Arby's chicken tenders and mozzarella sticks.