The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Galactic Society (Open/Lounge RP, but READ FIRST POST)  (Read 251387 times)

Offline Weaver

• Local Moderator
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Losing is Fun!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: White
  • Weight: 125 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Procrastinating
Re: Galactic Society (Open/Lounge RP, but READ FIRST POST)
« Reply #6165 on: January 31, 2023, 03:43:53 AM »
*** Summerset Grille, Draco City, Dragon'taan ***

"Yeeaaah their victory is what's being celebrated right now if I remember, " Weaver said.

"I uh... wasn't paying attention to the prices too much," he replied to Ray. "Just what I got."

*** Serkamora Flood Quarantine, High Orbit ***

Grand. Another ship. Dusk should have known interest in the planet would skyrocket once word got out about it being relatively "safe."

"Cartography," Dusk replied to the UNSC vessel, which wasn't a total lie. "I'm not the only one here. One ship cloaked as you arrived, and another refuses to reveal itself."

The drones continued to busy themselves with mapping out the facility. One noteworthy discovery was the remnants of a battle. Bullet holes, scorch marks, and other signs of combat were present all surrounding a console. Upon further inspection, this console seemed to control the field that was inhibiting travel. The drones did not disable the field for the moment. Dusk would rather leave it on and ditch the drones rather than turn it off and let the freeloaders land their own craft consequence free. He had half a mind to destroy the console and prevent anyone else from easily enabling a ride home, if he were chased off that is. This was also assuming the console was the only way to shutoff the field, which it most likely wasn't.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #6166 on: February 02, 2023, 05:23:09 AM »
*Dragon’taan*
Nodding infrequently, Ray listened to the synopsis of the Marauder War. Though very few of the words bore any meaning to the agent. But, if there was a history expo along with it, Ray figured, the story would make more sense.

“Ah darn,” Ray sighed, setting out the credits on the table, inspecting them. “I didn’t even look at what mine cost. Wait…have we even gotten a bill yet? Do you still do paper bills?”

-Elsewhere-
Oh-Four would turn to look at any passerby who made too obvious a face, worried they was under threat. Not uncommon, their kind often got mistaken for parasitic life-forms of some kind or another. As they entered the transport, they sat with a huff. “A lot riding on this,” the synthetic voice enquired.

*Dromund Kaas*
Ickthis nodded, not really paying the story much heed. ‘These Jedi are nothing,’ he thought. ‘What value could the ramblings of an old ex-Jedi really have?’

“Fascinating”, the veteran Mongdrigan said with a nod. “But we’ll take our leave. Deliver this to Great Leader Malgus as soon as possible, if the information is that dangerous.”

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
« Reply #6167 on: February 02, 2023, 08:43:42 PM »
** Sol's, Draco City, Dragon'taan **

"Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time..." Blaine replied, remembering endless nights of studying what he could on the Eternal Alliance. He sighed and took a drink of Koziks' coffee, the wolf giving a look of slight disappointment.

"With so many fingers in this proverbial pie, this could cause a conflict. And Gods know, that's the last thing we'd need getting kicked off right now." The bear continued, following it with another sigh.
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #6168 on: February 09, 2023, 12:07:14 AM »
*** Sol's, Draco City, Dragon'taan ***

"You've had prior interactions with the Eternal Alliance?" Thrawn asked Blaine, clearly interested. "Then you might know their Commander, Luro?"

"Let's move," Harrigan suggested, leading the group through the crowds, over toward a waiting transport.

Almost on cue, the waiter came by with the bill - which Jacqueline volunteered to pay. "Well, there's plenty more to experience on Dragon'taan during this festival."

"And it runs all week long," Skye added. Looking to Ray and Weaver, she continued, "The Holodeck District would be a great place to start - the simulations are free for the festival. And I know several that would be great for you two."

*** NCC Galatae, Dragon'taan ***

While Tigress got ready for the concert, Blythe took the time to get updated regarding his shipboard maintenance. Nothing serious, but still important.

*** Dragon'taan Orbit ***

The ship carrying Oh-Four, Jesse, Anika, Greg and Frye broke the upper atmosphere of Dragon'taan, and navigated to the edge of the system.

"Jess, any idea where we're going?" Frye asked.

"Some place called Torlan, is all I know - we're going to need to get through the qualifying rounds to get into the Tournament proper," Jesse said. He turned to Oh-Four. "Which reminds me, did you ever say what your weapon preferences were?"

*** Indari Manor Grounds, Dragon'taan ***

K'Tath walked inside the manor, and immediately spotted Drake. "Drake," he greeted him, "And... your daughter-in-law? What was your name, again?"

"That's Leylah," Drake said. "Her mate is in the bathroom."

*** Dragon'taan Museum of Military Technology, Draco City ***

"Do I need a reason to be interested in someone?" Desmond responded to Asara. "I don't often meet other dragons."

*** Dromund Kaas, Apartments ***

Darth Vulkest left with Ickthis, and turned to face him. "Get that Holocron to Lord Malgus; I need to have a chat with our Dragon friends," he told Ickthis. "They need to be made aware of the Jedi in our midst."

Having passed on the Holocron, Mesmerin got his gear and set out to explore Kaas City.

*** NCC Borealis, Deep Space ***

"Is that you saying you are, or are you seeing if I'll flinch?" John asked amusedly.

*** First City, Qo'nos ***

The lot would fan out in the area. If Tonya looked near a pile of rubble, she would find a black item shaped much like an archaic VHS Tape with a port for a cord to attach it to a computer.

*** Corneria ***

"Playing hard to get, are you?" Argus scoffed. "My late wife was like that."

"We know about that one, we spotted him right before he cloaked," The Commander of the Desert Brigade responded to Dusk. "And if you're just doing cartography, be warned - reports indicate this world is infested with an unusual breed of Flood. We're here to deploy orbital probes to broadcast warnings to warn off approaching ships. Whatever you do, don't go down planetside - you won't be able to get off-world again."

Curiously, after the UNSC ship stated its intent, the strange concentrations of Tetryon Particles were nowhere to be found.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #6169 on: February 09, 2023, 12:25:35 AM »

The band was mostly putting stuff together preparing the stage and such though server droids would attend to any guest serving drinks and food one walked over to Blythe and asked if he wanted anything.

"Does he have cramps?" Cobalt asked Leylah.
*** Indari Manor Grounds, Dragon'taan ***

"Nice to see you again, Cobalt." Amie replied.

"Perhaps.." Asara responded. "Odd you haven't seen a dragon on the Dragon-shifter's homeworld."

"I dunno, Leylah said reaching out through  her mental connection with Jason "You okay in there, someone is asking if you have stomach cramps?"

Shiloh walked onto the grounds hoping her mate had followed "I hope your parents make the concert, Uncle Kylie really hoped the whole family would come." the dark colored Kitsune said.

"It is said Cerinian woman seek the best in a man strength, reflexes,  and so on, I was just testing you ,but  yes, I am single, why do you ask?"

Tonya took the device Tony looking oddly at it  "Didn't know you were a collector of Antique's sister." he would say "I'm not but this is an odd device to find here in the First City.' She replied as the two followed along.

*** Corneria ***
"Ah so that's what your brooding over?" She asked "Yeah i like to, study my choice of a mate..." Riku added

« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 05:02:05 AM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Weaver

• Local Moderator
  • Boisterous Bear
  • Losing is Fun!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #6170 on: February 09, 2023, 02:54:58 AM »

"That's kind of you," Weaver said in response to Jacqueline volunteering to pay. "What holodecks do you recommend?" he then said to Skye. "I guess some kind of introductory lesson would be a good start."

"That would explain the name other spacers gave the place," Dusk responded. The probes warning off other ships may have been a stroke of good luck. It would keep honest people out, but other spacers such as Dusk were still likely to ignore it. Even so, less eyes on the planet meant more opportunities to discover its secrets.

"When you say, 'I'll never be able to get off-world,' what do you mean exactly? That the Flood will eat me alive the moment I touchdown?" Dusk said, playing dumb. Any additional info he could gain from the Commander might be invaluable. Besides, portraying himself as the clueless cartographer who was in over his head would ideally ease any suspicion.

The Tachyon particles vanishing was concerning. Either way, Dusk had a hunch that they would return when the UNSC ship left. The drones meanwhile simply held their position. Dusk didn't know if they were scanning for electronic signals, or perhaps even more concerning psionic signals. The drones weren't just remotely controlled with traditional connections, but were reinforced with a psionic link. That way, the connection was more resistant to jamming. Sending less commands to the ground-team might hide the connection just well enough.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #6171 on: February 13, 2023, 09:26:12 AM »
*Dragon'taan*
Ray nodded to Jacqueline in thanks. "I do hope your holotech doesn't make me as I'll as the Foundation's did. Though, I'm sure it was just some sort of skip. Anyhow," the agent took a napkin and cleaned his paws. "I'll be happy to learn more all the same."

-Orbit-
"No," Oh-Four said. "I am capable with most weapons, though the circuits left in this suit seem to prefer melee weapons."

*Dromund Kaas*
Ickthis nodded and turned sharply, heading back to Malgus' throne room. He eyed the holocron, unimpressed. But, it was deemed important by Great Leader, so the old veteran kept his opinions private. As he reached the throne chamber, Ickthis called out .
"Great Leader? We have retrieved the...holocron? From the outsider."

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
« Reply #6172 on: February 18, 2023, 01:15:50 AM »

"We're...acquainted." Blaine said with a smirk. "Did a black operation with him and a few others. Can't say much more." He finished, noticing a group quickly leaving the cafe. He didn't pay it much mind, busy city and all.
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #6173 on: February 26, 2023, 01:22:15 AM »

"Then you don't need me to tell you he can be a bit of a... wild card," Thrawn told Blaine. "His goals do not always align with others'. Keep that in mind if you ever see him. And for that matter, be careful if you run into High General Indari's cousin. Rumors in Imperial Alliance space point to him having something Luro was originally after. Possibly why he had been on Corneria."

The transport would whisk the group to a safehouse in the residential district - Harrigan ushered them inside calmly, where they found standard Dragon'taan ameneties. The door leading to the basement, however, was the only out-of-place thing in the house - it was secured with a keypad tied to a voice input device.

*** Dragon'taan Orbit ***

Jess curled his lips and nodded. "Fair enough. There'll be plenty of opportunity to use them where we're going"

At that, the ship went to Warp for Torlan.

"The introductory simulations are a good place to start," Skye responded. "They tell the most in terms of what happened at the onset and where things went. Most first-timers start there, to get a sense of how the Marauder War started."

"People who have been to many Marauder Festivals tend to skip over those in favor of some of the more critical battles, and try and get different outcomes to what could have happened in those events," Jacqueline added.

Blythe gladly took a soda and sipped on it while his date got prepped. She had a strange allure to her - something he found interesting, considering he'd just met her.

"I didn't say I didn't see one here - I was referring to elsewhere in the universe," Desmond remarked. "But, to be honest, you're the first to approach and talk to me."

*** Indari Manor, Draco City, Dragon'taan ***

A toilet flushing answered Leylah's question. Moments later, Jason emerged. "I'm fine, Leylah," he said. "Shall we get going?"

"Strange... I'd have thought you'd be spoken for, already - nine times out of ten, if a woman like you doesn't have her mate here on the ship, he's usually close by ready to jump in when trouble strikes," John remarked.

*** Corneria ***

" 'Mate'. Hah. You just met me," Argus remarked. "Even so, we'd better get moving."

"That's it," Alduah proclaimed calmly. "That's the contact's black box. We'll need to decode it at the safehouse."

"I'll prep the decryption suite," Bahkriid said as she started back toward the safehouse.

*** Dromund Kaas ***

Silence met Ickthis' statement, but moments later, Malgus emerged from the shadows of his meditation chamber, putting his mask back over the burned flesh of his face. "Very good, Commander," he told Ickthis, offering his hand for the holocron. "I trust our dragon visitor did not trouble you much over this?"

"No, although it remains a possibility that the Flood down planetside would eat you eventually - we actually refer to the dampening field surrounding the planet; once a ship touches down, the engines are rendered useless, and won't start. We don't know why the designer of this field engineered it that way. The last group to be stranded here was led by one of the Sangheili working within the UNSC, Zuka 'Vadam; he led a team to an alleged facility several klicks north of a starship graveyard present on the planet, where he was able to disable the field long enough for his Spartan companion to beam the lot out - that facility was the source of this new breed of Flood. The field and the computer system controlling it is highly resistant to any kind of tampering, with numerous safeguards and emergency measures present to prevent the field going down and allowing these Flood off-world. I don't need to tell you that Flood in any form loose in the galaxy is a cluster-f*** no one wants," the UNSC Commander explained to Dusk.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6174 on: February 26, 2023, 01:48:57 AM »

By now Tigress had her drums setup and was practicing in the air to test the positioning of everything including a couple of water bottles, she clearly would be here a long time.

Meanwhile three she  wolves one grey one white and the last black furred were prepping their equipment it seemed like the grey wolf was on Piano the white bass guitar and the Black one main guitar.... A blue male would would be setting up a microphone, before he turned to his wife "You sure your able to do this?" He asked.

"To be fair you approached me, I only spoke to you." Asara replied.

"Did you see Nari the black vixen? Have you seen all the droids i have?" Alex asked "Most men are intimidated by me, which would be odd if this was a human ship ,but that's a whole nother box of lemons."

*** Corneria ***
"You'd be surprized what some girls can pick up on..." Rika noted, following with a nod.

** First City, Qo'nos ***
"hmm" Tonya said looking over the dead body "This kill was recent we should move to the safehouse with haste." Tonya said looking around her brother doing the same as they followed back to the safe house.

Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Weaver

• Local Moderator
  • Boisterous Bear
  • Losing is Fun!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #6175 on: February 26, 2023, 07:47:16 AM »

"Well, I'm ready to head off and go explore those introductory simulations when you are, Ray," Weaver said, standing up. "If you want to of course. I wouldn't say no to just milling about or finding a quiet place. Especially after what we've been through..."

"Not very strong safeguards if Zuka was able to temporarily shut it down, whoever he is," Dusk commented, "and very odd that the Flood originate from the very facility keeping everyone from leaving. It seems more like a trap than a prison. Lure unsuspecting victims with the only means of escape." There was a pause before Dusk suddenly swore and muted himself as he quickly turned his attention back to his drones currently located within the infected facility. His only guess as to why his drones weren't scrap metal right now was because they couldn't be infected for obvious reasons. Maybe they were just uninterested?

Dusk unmuted himself, "New breed of Flood? I assume more dangerous. On that note actually... is anyone planning on just... destroying the planet? It seems the safest albeit most expensive option. I don't think anyone is alive on this rock."

Offline Zack McCloud

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 2 years
  • Adventure awaits!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
« Reply #6176 on: February 26, 2023, 10:02:41 AM »
***safehouse, residential district, Draco city, Dragon'taan***

Vince was feeling all kinds of emotions to put it simply..excitement both good and bad, although keeping a lax smile his eyes held a concerning expression, this sith covenant seems to have a lingering effect, with his father only recently recovering from a sith spirit possession doesn't help with the fact that these sith covenant are after his family, even more so if they have information on his father how long would it be until they find out about his mother. The news of lylat being attacked by them makes him feel anxious about the situation, his racing thoughts where causing him to pace back and fourth. 'Why didn't I let her know? I can't believe how stupid I was, why did I leave her behind?', thought to himself as his pacing increased.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6177 on: February 26, 2023, 10:29:30 PM »
addnduem post:

Suddenly vince's  vision would darken for a second, then return to normal, but now there was a blue vixen in the room, similar to Krystal yet not Krystal, only her blue eyes would prove she's not Krystal  "Vince huh? Curios your aura feels familar yet not at the same time, could you tell me who your mother is by chance?' The vixen would ask, in reality no one else in the room could see the vixen or hear her, if vince said anything to her she would look at him af it listening and her ears would perk ,but to others he'd be talking to thin air.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #6178 on: February 28, 2023, 03:06:06 AM »
*Dragon'taan*
Ray stood, nodding in thanks to Jacqueline and Skye. "Time to hit the dusty trail. Thank you, ladies, for the meal." He patted himself down before turning for the door.

*Warp*
Oh-Four watched in awe as space and time bent around the vessel. It never ceased to amaze the little fuzzy thing.

*Dromund Kaas*
Ickthis nodded. "Yes m'lord. The visitor didn't give us any trouble." He stood silent a moment, before a thought creased his face with worry.
"Which, upon reflection, is very suspicious. He did not ask for anything in return. And it is very strange that he made his way through the forest with little trouble." The veteran eyeballed the holocron. "I suspect the information to be bait, Great Leader."

Offline Zack McCloud

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 2 years
  • Adventure awaits!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
« Reply #6179 on: February 28, 2023, 04:11:01 AM »
addnduem post:

Vince stopped in his pacing, he looked at her with a focused expression as he made a sound to that of a strong gust of wind in response to her question.