The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Pagan/Wiccan furries?  (Read 3570 times)

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
Pagan/Wiccan furries?
« on: November 22, 2015, 09:28:03 PM »
Hey, so. There's been a few threads for different religions(and lack thereof) so I figured why not make a thread for people under the umbrella of pagan religions/spiritualities? Anything from Wicca, Druids, Asatru, Kemetic, Esoteric, indigenous, etc etc.

I've been a soft agnostic for several years but I've developed a growing curiosity towards pagan paths, specifically solitary Wicca, and have been researching and reading books and what not. To be honest, I'm a bit of a skeptic but I'm drawn to the general philosophy and in a way, the aesthetic. I've been planning a personalized "year and a day" type of self-study to learn more about it and see if it is indeed something I want to commit to.

As for this thread, feel free to post about your experiences, what type of path you follow, or anything else related to pagan/natural/etc spirituality. And of course people who are not pagan are welcome too, just remember to refrain from negativity for the sake of negativity ^^

Offline Keldorai

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Marten in Space!
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: American Marten
  • Coloring: brown and orange
  • Height: 4'5"
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: Feeling green with noobdom
Re: Pagan/Wiccan furries?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 12:21:16 AM »
Was raised Christian, but I practice celtic wicca :D Weirdly enough, I started when I was in the mountains camping with a few college buds. I went out to explore a little forest glen and sat down. Out of pure human curiosity I started to chant a poem about the sky in latin I had learned from my phonetics course. A moment later the wind became extremely powerful, I looked around, and a doe was standing behind me. Didn't even notice me really. I just sat there dumbstruck. Ever since then the memory has just been a guiding light for me.

If you ever happen to be in central California near June Lake and stumble upon a green geocache under some branches, I was sitting just by there.

Offline NautilusWolf

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Self proclaimed AK god for the next hour or so.
    • Awards
  • Species: SeaWolf
  • Coloring: Gray with white skull
  • Height: 5'11/180cm
  • Weight: Wouldn't you like to know?
  • Currently: Holy applesauce I still exist here.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 02:16:12 AM »
I'm atheist, but I hope you don't mind if I pop in. I'm very interested in learning more about it all! I'd like to kind of sit back in the thread and take in as much info as possible to learn. So please don't mind me if I have questions. ^~^

I'll probably just check in time to time to see any newer posts. Thanks, friends! ^w^
  • Avatar by: Not me, that's for sure.
In the depths lies the thing that should not be.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 02:34:26 AM »
Was raised Christian, but I practice celtic wicca :D Weirdly enough, I started when I was in the mountains camping with a few college buds. I went out to explore a little forest glen and sat down. Out of pure human curiosity I started to chant a poem about the sky in latin I had learned from my phonetics course. A moment later the wind became extremely powerful, I looked around, and a doe was standing behind me. Didn't even notice me really. I just sat there dumbstruck. Ever since then the memory has just been a guiding light for me.

If you ever happen to be in central California near June Lake and stumble upon a green geocache under some branches, I was sitting just by there.

I was raised (fairly liberal) Christian too, but left shortly after going through confirmation since I just didn't feel like it fit me.

I've always loved nature, plants and animals and such. Especially sitting under the moon at night and feeling the breeze around me. I dunno, ever since I was little I always thought it felt really mysterious and intriguing.

Like I said before, I also like the philosophy such emphasis on independence, self-improvement, personal experience, and open-mindedness that can be found therein.

Offline Silentium Potens

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Currently: Poking around.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 02:56:50 AM »
Modern paganism is quite a curiosity.  It's a movement that attempts to recreate the fallen religions from antiquity through what little that we know.  While not huge, it is slowly growing.  Wicca is by far the largest of them all, followed by Nordic traditions practiced in Iceland.

I looked into Wicca a few years ago, and occasionally look back into it.  It's kind of neat.  It places a heavy emphasis on individuality and nature and "the magicks."  I personally wouldn't go into it, since I don't believe in all of that magick and ritual stuffs, but honestly there's much, much worst out there.

Offline Tempest (Red Panda)

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Red panda
  • Coloring: Normal red panda coloring, red eyes with gold flecks
  • Height: 3'6"
  • Weight: 30 lbs
  • Build: Has a very curvy, voluptuous body with soft fur
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 04:13:02 AM »
I've been Wiccan for about 1 1/2 years now but my step dad is a huge Christian (the kind that think their religion is the only way) and he won't let me practice in the house, but I can't really practice outside so I feel stuck. I have an altar, although it's not complete. It has lots of bones on it, shells, a couple bottles I painted, deer antlers, rocks, and incense. I really want to dive into Wicca, celebrate the holidays, and do spells and stuff like that, but with him suppressing me, it makes me feel like it wouldn't work :/...
In case you don't know what red pandas are like, watch this video :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRwiPJkm1WE

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 03:28:13 PM »
I've been Wiccan for about 1 1/2 years now but my step dad is a huge Christian (the kind that think their religion is the only way) and he won't let me practice in the house, but I can't really practice outside so I feel stuck. I have an altar, although it's not complete. It has lots of bones on it, shells, a couple bottles I painted, deer antlers, rocks, and incense. I really want to dive into Wicca, celebrate the holidays, and do spells and stuff like that, but with him suppressing me, it makes me feel like it wouldn't work :/...

Aw, that stinks. Even though the US, and several other countries, have freedom of religion it doesn't mean some people will try to restrict others :/ To be honest I don't know when or if I'll tell my parents about it anytime soon, or at least until I'm more sure about following Wicca. They're not overly religious(haven't gone to church in years) but still... For now I'll keep my books and journal stuff on the downlow ^^'

How old are you? If you're still in school/dependent on your parents then it's going to be a little difficult for awhile. Don't let his feelings keep you from doing what you feel comfortable with though. Sometime you probably won't be living in the same house, and then you can do what you want, so maybe be a little patient? I know I have to be.

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 03:35:28 PM »
I'm 15 and I live with my mother, if I lived with my father he'd let me practice because he knows it makes me happy and he doesn't give a damn. I know I want to start making spell bottles and charms, and I know the energy I'm going to use will be singing :3

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 03:59:04 PM »
I'm atheist, but I've grown more and more interested in spirituality. Life, the world, and the universe are full of mysteries we may never understand for certain. I've been wondering if spirits are indeed a thing, or if maybe what many believe are spirits are other entities entirely. There could be another world coexisting inside what we perceive, and I find that fascinating.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:02:32 PM by Evnamishko »

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 04:02:23 PM »
There are spirits in Wicca, whether you can see them or not really depends on you and if you want to see them. In Wicca, if you want to see or feel something, you HAVE to absolutely believe you will, it won't work otherwise, and results will always vary, it could take a day, a month or a year, you must be patient:3

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 04:06:57 PM »
My take on being sensitive to spirits is that it depends on the person. Just like how people's sensitivity to light, sound, smell, taste, etc. can vary between individuals, the sensitivity to spirits can as well. I'm sure practice can play a part, too.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:08:41 PM by Evnamishko »

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 04:12:33 PM »
Definitely :3 I don't really see or feel sprites, but I am very close to plants and living things. I also want to begin bone divination and I just recently found a five point buck that's been half eaten, I've been coming back to see how much it's been eaten. It was shot in the neck by a hunter and I guess he lost it. It's a sad sight, but at least it's helping other animals survive the coming cold.

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Augmented Fox
  • Coloring: Red fox pattern, neon green hair, Augmented arms, augmented eyes
  • Height: A little taller than usual
  • Build: Medium
  • Currently: Lurking
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 04:49:57 PM »
I don't follow the most well known/accepted path (I've always been one for delving into the darker sides of stuff/taboo stuff), I consider myself a Discordian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordianism

I do work with Reiki (a form of healing) and northern European magics, plus I'm a fairly good Tarot reader, so if you have any questions about the more odd side of magic please don't hesitate to ask  :) .

If necromancy didn't offend one of my patron goddesses, I would probably try more for being a medium too.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 04:57:00 PM »
How is mediumship relevant to necromancy, out of curiosity? I thought necromancy meant taking control of a soul or bringing one back from the dead, and mediumship was just being able to communicate with spirits.

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Augmented Fox
  • Coloring: Red fox pattern, neon green hair, Augmented arms, augmented eyes
  • Height: A little taller than usual
  • Build: Medium
  • Currently: Lurking
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 04:58:21 PM »
It depends. Mediumship is still technically pulling a spirit from where they are resting and having them communicate with the living world. According to the wiki, quote:

"the supposed practice of communicating with the dead, especially in order to predict the future."
[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]